Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 70g Cadlights Artisan, Radion Powered SPS Reef!

Alex B

Just ordered 2 of these. Let's see how it goes! I like my vortech, but I've ways hated having Micky mouse ears on my tank.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14237053966/]14237053966_63ae6e3e37_b.jpg[/url]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14237053966/]image[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/]touchofklasse[/url], on Flickr

these look pretty sweet. Ive seen a video from a lfs that just ordered a bunch of the rw8 and rw15.syncing them together seems petty simple and overall the remote for them looks easy to navigate. Cant wait to hear your feedback about them.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most zeoviters will tell you to lower your dkh to 7

It's on the way down. I want to be around 7.4 so I have a little wiggle room up or down. I haven't dosed alk or calcium this week. I'm hoping within the next 2 or 3 weeks my cal and alk lower a bit. Want to be around 410 and 7.4 dkh

these look pretty sweet. Ive seen a video from a lfs that just ordered a bunch of the rw8 and rw15.syncing them together seems petty simple and overall the remote for them looks easy to navigate. Cant wait to hear your feedback about them.
I will def let you know how they are!

Ok guys. I'm trying to get my zeovit routine down. I think I have it 75% locked down. Anyone have any input ? (Nanotopia ;)

Couple frags are a little browned out. Not much, but they have lost a little color. Trying to figure out if it's lighting, nutrients, my zeo routine ect. Things seem to be leveling out, and I am seeing a little growth now. Param are as follows

Ammo 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

Phos undetectable with hanna

Dkh 8.1

Calcium 440

Mag 1360

Ok so here it goes

70 gallons net

700 ml zeolites in reactor getting 70g per hour. 80% changed out every 8 weeks

10 gallon water change weekly. Running Red Sea blue bucket

250 ml of carbon changed out monthly

Skimming dry (pulling out about a cup of Black Death a week)

Routine

Zeostart 3 .15 to .2 daily (depends on how the tank is looking)

Sponge power 3 drops daily

Zeobak 3 drops twice a week

Coral vitalizer 3 drops daily

Xtra sp 2ml daily

That's everything I'm doing for the zeo routine. I'm also dosing acropower daily. Just 1ml

Should I be looking at any other additives right now? Thanks guys!

Can't see anything bad here, the tank is young so I would just give it more time to stabilize. Keep dKH about 7.5ish. Takes ~6 months or so to balance the system. Some corals take more time to achieve colours you want.

Polarcollision

Well just got home today...the brown acro that started to Stn is a goner. Everything else looks super good. I'm chalking it up to the coral just being in poor health. I never even saw PE in over a month. Not once. It looked rough from the get, but thought I could save it.

In better news I tested everything to be sure and all checks out

14259570613_bb18ce0875_b.jpg

Untitled by touchofklasse, on Flickr

Hey, happen to notice the crusty white stuff above the orange liquid in the Alk reagent bottle? I don't have that in mine. Not a chemist to know for sure if it's contaminated, or if it would affect readings, but... just a thought. Maybe it's worth comparing results with LFS?

Can't see anything bad here, the tank is young so I would just give it more time to stabilize. Keep dKH about 7.5ish. Takes ~6 months or so to balance the system. Some corals take more time to achieve colours you want.

Thanks for the help Christine!

Hey, happen to notice the crusty white stuff above the orange liquid in the Alk reagent bottle? I don't have that in mine. Not a chemist to know for sure if it's contaminated, or if it would affect readings, but... just a thought. Maybe it's worth comparing results with LFS?

Thanks for the observation! It must be the reflection from the white table underneath. No crusty stuff ever in the bottle. Pic does look weird though!

Deb you got some eyeballs :D

Definitely looks crusty but Alex says not so, Tried most of the RedSea tests and now only sticking to the Ca and Alk. Alex, you are looking for the PINK end point on the Alkalinity test, not orange, if you see orange you went too far. Most tests are time sensitive so can't tell from your photo, just mentioning it :)

The pic was taken a good bit after the test was complete. The calcium already looks purple again and the alk was turning orange.

For the alk I'm stopping as soon as I get the color change. It's blue, then turns purple, and about 2-3 drops later I get the pink. I watched the videos and have been following that. The color card can be a little deceiving. It shows the final as more of a orange, but the video says you want to stop at pink. I just double checked the alk bottle now. Definitely must be the table. No crusty stuff in the bottle. :)

Polarcollision

Deb you got some eyeballs :D

Definitely looks crusty but Alex says not so, Tried most of the RedSea tests and now only sticking to the Ca and Alk. Alex, you are looking for the PINK end point on the Alkalinity test, not orange, if you see orange you went too far. Most tests are time sensitive so can't tell from your photo, just mentioning it :)

Oh lordy... so the final color: any pics of the actual shade? RedSea titration is driving me nuts. It's just 1 dKH difference though, right? If I shot for 8 and it was actually 7, I guess that would be OK. LOL

Glad it was just a reflection and not something else in your reagent!

Oh lordy... so the final color: any pics of the actual shade? RedSea titration is driving me nuts. It's just 1 dKH difference though, right? If I shot for 8 and it was actually 7, I guess that would be OK. LOL

Sure. Today is water change day. I'll post up some pics after testing. The titration is a little bit funny on these Red Sea kits. Prob going back to salifert once this runs out.

This is the end colour you are looking (possibly a tad pinker) for with the RedSea Alkalinity titrant test.

In essence you are looking for the pink before the turn to orange.

11876347124_87609ef1bb_c.jpg

This is too far...

11875908185_7f1923e7b1_c.jpg

TheKleinReef

Sure. Today is water change day. I'll post up some pics after testing. The titration is a little bit funny on these Red Sea kits. Prob going back to salifert once this runs out.

salifert ftw

Yup that first picture if close to what your looking for! I prob stop 1 drop before that color. It's just a tad pinker.

I have more problem with the calcium test. It seems like you have to do the test faster. If you go to slow it will never turn blue!

Polarcollision

This is the end colour you are looking (possibly a tad pinker) for with the RedSea Alkalinity titrant test.

In essence you are looking for the pink before the turn to orange.

11876347124_87609ef1bb_c.jpg

This is too far...

11875908185_7f1923e7b1_c.jpg

I feel like the end point is so precise that if the lighting is different it will be missed. Here's the progression I had today. Posted pics for you all to choose the final color point over on my thread so I'm not taking over Alex's! :-)

I feel like the end point is so precise that if the lighting is different it will be missed. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/337141-polarcollisions-nuvo-24-fts-photodump/?p=4742446'>Here's the progression I had today. Posted pics for you all to choose the final color point over on my thread so I'm not taking over Alex's! :-)

No biggie. You can post them here! That's what these threads are for.

I have found if I do the test in a bright room with the windows open it's a little easier.

So 2 more days and my rw pumps are here. I changed my order at the last minute and got 2 rw-8

Incase anyone wants to compare and get a little info. The rw-8 is like a wp-25 and the rw-15 is like wp-40.

1 wp25 can make a mess in my tank full blast. Could you imagine 2 wp40's...lol...I'm hoping these have a wider flow.

Sooo...looks like the tank is getting some updates this weekend! I'm stoked!!!

With these last few things I think I'm done and can focus on making sure everything is happy.

I traded my spare mp10w for a bubble magus doser. My 2 rw-8 get here Friday and I also have some new blue bottles to play with. I'm also setting up a quarantine so i can add more fish. The tank looks kinds boring with 3 little fish :(

I really can't thing of anything else this tank needs. Water changes are 5 min with the spare mj1200 I have in the sump. Only thing that would make my life easier is running a line off my rodi to my ato container. Other then that I'm super happy with this tank!

Pumps are here. They look good. They share some parts with the old pumps, but have a couple upgrades. Has some rubber grommets to reduce vibration and some orings on the blade shaft. Going to pull out the vortechs now and throw them in.

14305590792_4ef3803211_b.jpg

14120956987_2e8e0947a6_b.jpg

Yeaaaa boy, pop those actinics for me sir! :D

14120956987_2e8e0947a6_b.jpg

Jebao honestly needs to improve their controller panel designs....their pumps are great but their controllers look like....don't know how to describe it...lol.

Looking great man. Glad the new rw's are working out for ya. Love that picture off the anthia...esp with the kole I in the background.

looks sick alex

is it possible for to post a video of your tank with new pumps?

Sure I'll post one up!

Looking great man. Glad the new rw's are working out for ya. Love that picture off the anthia...esp with the kole I in the background.

Thanks dude!

Archived