Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 70g Cadlights Artisan, Radion Powered SPS Reef!

Alex B

It's in a corner of the tank like you recommended. The was taken with lights dimming for the night. Since taking this pic I went ahead and covered it with a small plastic container with some holes in it. I want to make sure it's being left alone and maybe defuse some light. I fed it last night and it reacted to food, but not like normal. Don't know what else to do. :(

Well, it has to be the flow too strong... was it exposing as much skeleton when it was under that rock at the center of the tank?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it losing tissue already? Well good thing you got the cup over it for flow prevention. Was it as bad as it was under the rock at the center tank placement? Sorry to hear man.

Yea he has lost tissue in 2 spots already. one whole is pretty decent size. You can see it in the last pic. What do you think about feeding him?

Mmmm I guess you can. It's going to be pretty hard to save it if it keeps losing tissue..hopefully it gets better soon.

Just noticed now that it's lost a good bit of tissue right next to the mouth. From what I've heard, it's going to be tough to save it. Wish I knew what happen. The decline in health happen so fast. This thing was puffed up and eating like a champ last week. Also the tissue lost is in spots. It's not all around the base like a lot of other scolys. It started almost by the mouth and has gone spreading .

Wait when you 1st got it last week, where did you place it at 1st?

I see...that is weird then...how it was doing so well in those 4 days at the center of the tank.. Hopefully it gets better. Good luck.

I see...that is weird then...how it was doing so well in those 4 days at the center of the tank.. Hopefully it gets better. Good luck.

Thanks for all ur help!

Great looking tank.

Thank you very much!

Np man. I tried. lol I'm no expert tbh, but I'm pretty sure what you're doing with it right now is the best hope. Good luck.

opaquelace

Good eye!! I got this tang being sold as a regular yellow eye kole. When I looked at him I noticed how white his tail was. I had read stuff about white tail bristletooth tangs, and them being a little rare. I decided to keep my mouth shut and buy him :) His tail has slow gotten whiter with time! I'm pretty stoked about it. He is also a little more red then a normal kole, but it's hard to photograph. All in all it's one pretty little fish. I have looked into him, and it seems as they get older they get even more red and tail gets even whiter!

I would agree it's definitely a beautiful fish! I love the yellow eye tangs so much.

I hope the scoly recovers for you. That's a shame. This hobby causes so much stress sometimes lol.

opaquelace

I hope it recovers too. On the plus side. My wife is the scoly freak. She really likes them! She knew my tank was going to be pretty much a sps tank, zeovit, ect. She told me now I can get a second tank as long as it is scoly and lps friendly. I've been wanting a shallow tank forever .Thinking something small like a 20 gallon shallow peninsula full of lps!

Lol nice! My husband and I were both hobbyists before we met so we fight over whose tank the 40 gallon really is lol. It sucks when we can't agree on placement!

+1 to some kind of blenny. I think a reef-safe wrasse would look good.....maybe a leopard wrasse. You could do a couple cardinals. They are always cool to watch school together.

I love the red tail spot cardinals for schooling fish.

lg-0106101-131v.jpg

Those are pretty cool. Wonder if my anthias will pick on them?

I saw a super healthy pair of fathead sunburst today. Maybe I should go back and get them ;)

13952677797_651d3f3fc1_z.jpg

Untitled by touchofklasse, on Flickr

Yeah...that's how scolys die....sorry to hear man. Hopefully your wife wasn't too upset about it. It's possible for them to recover but very rare...It happens though.

Looking forward to the new corals you're getting. :)

opaquelace

I'm not sure. I've always loved the way the look school together. They're clear, but they have silver so they reflect the light and they have the bright red spot on the tail.

Those are pretty cool. Wonder if my anthias will pick on them?

I'm not sure. I've always loved the way the look school together. They're clear, but they have silver so they reflect the light and they have the bright red spot on the tail.

They do look very pretty! My anthias, like most, are proving to by meanies! They even try to push around the tang! He is fed up and stood his ground. All seems well now...

Legendary Corals

I've heard that the red spots are notorious for not faring well long term. They're pretty common and are very attractive. When you think about tanks that have had them established for 1+ year, not many tanks come to mind...

Got some new pick ups today!

Worldwide corals utter peace (super deal on this)

Frag with 4 polyps of Rastas.

Tyree seasons greetings cap

Starburst cap

Ora joe the coral( already has some nice color!)

Tri color valida

Icefire Enchinata

And a acro they are calling Princess Peach. Not sure where this came from. I think it's also originally a WWC piece. (Had never seen this before. It is amazing! If it colors up like the colony my lfs had it will be in my top 5)

Pics tom when light cut on!

Pictures!

Archived