Cultivated Reef

My 70g Cadlights Artisan, Radion Powered SPS Reef!

Alex B

Yes! It is a duo 24 with 2 t5's added. I think it's going to be perfect for this tank. The t5 should supplement the led and give me that t5 look I love. I'm also hoping it helps blend the light. Not a fan of disco ball shimmer! I think my sps will be happy.

Sexy.

Love the Anthias as well, they're definitely on my list of fish to keep one day.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sexy.

Love the Anthias as well, they're definitely on my list of fish to keep one day.

Thanks!! I'm hoping I can keep them happy and my sps happy at the same time. Anthias require small frequent feedings. I'm hoping I can keep my water clean enough with all the feeding! I'm going to try 2 times daily and see how they do. If not I'll bump it up to 3 small feedings.

Been doing some work today. Seeing my light got me in the groove. I needed something to hide my ato and i found these. I think it looks good and no one would know a ato was in it. Also installed a new lamp. Wish I could get rid of this crappy tile And do wood floors! I guess that's another project.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14004213473/]14004213473_cbbc759aaf_c.jpg[/url]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14004213473/]DSC_0556[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/]touchofklasse[/url], on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/13984644824/]13984644824_dbb6367f0e_c.jpg[/url]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/13984644824/]DSC_0547[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/]touchofklasse[/url], on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/13984656354/]13984656354_a448a208c6_c.jpg[/url]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/13984656354/]DSC_0552[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/]touchofklasse[/url], on Flickr

Do what I did, leave your RODI running over night and damage your floors. :slap:

We had wood floors, but I always wanted darker floors. Total accident, but very happy it happened haha. Insurance covered the new floors.

Do what I did, leave your RODI running over night and damage your floors. :slap:

We had wood floors, but I always wanted darker floors. Total accident, but very happy it happened haha. Insurance covered the new floors.

This best more and more awesome every time I stop by this thread :D what's the plan for the lighting? Are you going to hang it from the ceiling or a mounting arm?

lol...that's one way to get new floors. I like that the tile is easy maintenance with my kids, but it looks ugly.

I'm going to hang the light from the ceiling. Also the way Dave wired it I am sending the wires trough the wall. So no wires in sight. Thanks for compliment!!

I did this a few weeks ago, but passed out on the couch.... Over filled the ato container and the fiancé came in from work and it probably over flowed for 5 min.... Good thing I sealed the inside of my stand with clear silicone cause not to much leaked out.

I did this a few weeks ago, but passed out on the couch.... Over filled the ato container and the fiancé came in from work and it probably over flowed for 5 min.... Good thing I sealed the inside of my stand with clear silicone cause not to much leaked out.

I really should have thought about this. I could have put one of those pans inside the cabinet. Ohhh well.... I shall try not to overflow my family room!

In other news one of my anthias is morphing into male colors! So pretty. Hopefully I get my light installed this Friday and I can post some nice pics with proper lighting!

Uugghuhh..so here I am all excited, ready for my light to make a entrance tom..and boom!

Cloudy water...this sucks...I'm sure it's just a bacteria bloom. Any zeo heads care to comment? I lowered my zeostart dose a few days ago...I'm now dosing it twice daily at .15

Anyone have any ideas? I'm hanging my light tom and picking up a lot of stuff on sat and sun. Reefapalooza!

Ohhh well guess I will have to deal with it. It really doesn't bother me, but would like to know if it's something in my dosing schedule.

Zeostart 3 twice daily at .15 .30 total

Zeobak 3 drops twice a week

Sponge power 3 drops daily

Uugghuhh..so here I am all excited, ready for my light to make a entrance tom..and boom!

Cloudy water...this sucks...I'm sure it's just a bacteria bloom. Any zeo heads care to comment? I lowered my zeostart dose a few days ago...I'm now dosing it twice daily at .15

Anyone have any ideas? I'm hanging my light tom and picking up a lot of stuff on sat and sun. Reefapalooza!

Ohhh well guess I will have to deal with it. It really doesn't bother me, but would like to know if it's something in my dosing schedule.

Zeostart 3 twice daily at .15 .30 total

Zeobak 3 drops twice a week

Sponge power 3 drops daily

Responded in your other Zeovit thread post.

Responded in your other Zeovit thread post.

Thanks Aj

Looks like the reef gods are on my side! Did a 10 gallon water change and skimmed wet. Woke up to a clear tank!...not a 100% but much much better. My light should be here in a couple hours...stoked!!!!!!!

Pics soon

Thanks Aj

Looks like the reef gods are on my side! Did a 10 gallon water change and skimmed wet. Woke up to a clear tank!...not a 100% but much much better. My light should be here in a couple hours...stoked!!!!!!!

Pics soon

Good news, just take it slow dosing Start3 because one drop of that too much and the bloom can come right back.

I would hold off on adding it for a few days to let things stabilize.

Good news, just take it slow dosing Start3 because one drop of that too much and the bloom can come right back.

I would hold off on adding it for a few days to let things stabilize.

Thanks man! I didn't dose it today. Just dosed sponge power. Also just tested my water. Everything look pretty good except for calcium.

Calcium around 470

Dkh 8.1

Mag 1320

Mag and dkh are pretty close to where I want them. Would like to be at 7.5 dkh and 1280 mag...calcium is a bit high though.

Hoping when i get some coral in the tank things start to taper down. Nothing in the tank right now to use up nutrients.

Well I'm not done with the install...but i couldn't resist. Light is hung. Still deciding if I want to run the cables in the wall or not.

I'm super happy. It's putting out some serious light, and color is amazing. Very happy. Better pictures and stuff to come.

14009118402_8c32cfee29_c.jpg

Untitled by touchofklasse, on Flickr

Nice tank!

Good luck with your build.

Looks dope!
Nice dude! Looks great

Thanks guys. Still working on this thing! It's almost done. My OCD makes things like this a all day project.

Very nice build. I'm thinking about a CAD Lights myself. How come you had to go hunting for plumbing parts? Isn't everything included for that?

Very nice build. I'm thinking about a CAD Lights myself. How come you had to go hunting for plumbing parts? Isn't everything included for that?

It does bring plumbing. I chose not to use it. I wanted a gate valve and standard plumbing. That required me to do a little hunting and custom fitting. Herbie overflows don't work as good with a ballvalve, and I also wanted unions for maintanance incase I ever have to remove anything. My plumbing is done is a way that if I ever have a leak it can be fixed with no cutting in minutes!

Dave everything looks good so far! Thanks again for everything. The one on one was real cool man! Anytime ur in Florida again u know where I'm at!

Small update. I got some frags in today. Everything is doing good except the one frag I was most excited about! :(

I bought pretty nice frag of SSC. It was actually a very big. About 3 inches! I love this coral so I payed a premium. 100.00 for the frag. Not horrible for a frag that big I guess. Well I got home and noticed it was starting to rtn. I mean fast! I fragged it after acclimation. So far it slowed down? But noticed another branch receding today. Going to glue it and pray for the best! Everything else is looking great.

Here's the list so far. Pics to come soon!

Ora red planet

Strawberry shortcake

Tyree pink lemonade

Superman digi

Another big frag which I'm hoping is a browned out strawberry shortcake time will tell

Pearlberry acro

About 20 ricordea for my garden

Couple cool zoas

And a scoly

I know I shouldn't add this much at once. But too much nice stuff at reefapalooza. I couldn't resist!

TheKleinReef

OK well I just spent 2 hours playing with my Nikon. Results???I really suck at taking pictures. Nothing to post unless u want to see washed out crappy pics with bad white balance. Someone help....

Find the right white balance by trial and error. That what I did. And Shoot in RAW. I suggest using Lightroom or something similar to edit the pictures. There you can tweak a lot of stuff to fix the pics up.

Archived