Coral Vue Hydros

My 70g Cadlights Artisan, Radion Powered SPS Reef!

Alex B

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i really like it! it makes me want to change mine. but i'm one of the worst aquascapers ever... haha

Thanks! Its a art. I can scape a planted tank like a beast! I feel like reef tanks are a little harder. You have to keep in mind the rock work is going to be covered in coral one day. I have tried my hardest to plan ahead. I have a idea of what is going to go where. Hopefully it all works out!

scape is sick as hell.

Thanks mane!

Now that looks good. I agree with the old scape looking bulky now that I see the new scape. I think you hit the jackpot on this one.

Now that looks good. I agree with the old scape looking bulky now that I see the new scape. I think you hit the jackpot on this one.

Thanks man! I'll be back tom if you still need to test your stuff.

The tank looks great! That aquascape is amazing. I love how open and minimal it looks. I'm currently gathering equipment for my 45 Shallow Reef Cadlights set up and following your build closely. Any chance you could send the parts list for your plumbing?

The tank looks great! That aquascape is amazing. I love how open and minimal it looks. I'm currently gathering equipment for my 45 Shallow Reef Cadlights set up and following your build closely. Any chance you could send the parts list for your plumbing?

Thanks Nic! I am going to pass by Lowes tom. Ill take a pic and get a part number of the adapter I used. Everything else I'll list down below

The drain is a 1 inch bulkhead. This converts the main drain to standard. I then used a spears gate valve and 2 90's. Also a union for the valve.

The emergency drain and return are stock metric piping inside the overflow. I then converted it to 3/4 at the stock bulkhead. After that its just a couple true union gate valves and a couple 90's.

I'll get some better pics for you shortly.

Guys I need some help with a id of the little suckers above. I cleaned my glass and they came right back! I have hundreds at this point! When I cleaned the glass I noticed they swim! They pump almost like a jelly fish and swim around till they find the glass again. What are these things? On a better note

Just got home from the lfs. Picked up a couple things...annnndddd some fish!!

So excited to have some life in the tank! Fish are a already in but hiding. Some pics tonight when they decide to come out.

710F0589-95B1-4CF4-A1B2-D48D055DBBD8_zps

C0681F39-E64A-4CC0-B14D-6E4E21600A4A_zps

Tank looks great!!! Not sure about those hitch hikers. What fishys you get?

Bartlett anthias and a yellow eye kole tang. I wanted a squaretail tang but it sold. My wife fell in love with a little baby kole so home it came. That's it for me for fish. I want to keep the load light. The anthias are a trio of females. One is bigger then the rest and already showing male colors. They were all together and looked very peaceful so I snatched them up! As soon as they come out I'll grab some pics

After much research it seems they are hydroid jellyfish. They are a eye sore but not nuisance like some other hydroids.

Happy Easter everyone. Fish are happy and eating. Was glad to see everyone came out when I rang the dinner bell. Even the kole tang had some mysis and pellets. The anthias have so far eaten everything I've thrown at them! Flakes, pellets, mysis and cyclo! I'm very happy about that as some anthias can be stubborn and only want frozen. The tang has also been grazing and taking out some pods.

13954476085_1092f9b8a8_c.jpg

image by touchofklasse, on Flickr

13931353812_e557e7d5eb_c.jpg

And someone found a really good hiding spot!

13931350412_cc529c6645_c.jpg

I believe nanotopia was recommending you skim dry with zeo products. She posted something in the nano zeo thread

Thank you! I just saw her reply in the zeo thread. I will dial it back a bit and skim dryer. It's been pulling a crazy skimate the last 2 days since I made the little stand for it.

Yea you definitely want to be dry skimming with ZeoVit, however for the first few weeks while things are getting started you are ok with some wet skimming to get nutrients down. Basically dry skimming comes into play once things hit ULNS and you begin to worry about stripping too much from the water.

Steensj2004

Cleaning up some of the wiring. But pretty much 99% finished.

13983648405_932580e14f_c.jpg

-Dave

Out of curiosity, how much did this cost? looking at building another tank soon...

Out of curiosity, how much did this cost? looking at building another tank soon...

I think when dealing with something so custom pricing varies. Best bet is to pm Dave. He is a great dude to deal with, and I see you already have a nanobox light!!

That light is going to be awesome above your tank

Thanks! I'm stoked
Looking great. Question; Is that 2 x T5 + LED?

Yes! It is a duo 24 with 2 t5's added. I think it's going to be perfect for this tank. The t5 should supplement the led and give me that t5 look I love. I'm also hoping it helps blend the light. Not a fan of disco ball shimmer! I think my sps will be happy.

Archived