Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 70g Cadlights Artisan, Radion Powered SPS Reef!

Alex B

Arkayology

i know its a bad pic, but anyone have a id on this? Though it was something but its changing big time since i brought it home. Its a nice sized mini coony that i got for 70 bucks.

14096179873_27ba7cff2b_c.jpg

IMG_3543 by touchofklasse, on Flickr

Looks like a tenuis to me. Not sure if it has a fancy name or not; It doesn't ring any bells for me that way it looks. It looks like a nice piece either way. It may be maricultured?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arkayology

Thank you. When I bought it I was hoping it was a ora tenuis "joe the coral". It looked a lot more blue in the store. In the weeks I've had it, it started to almost have a light green base and the tips are almost purple. Guess I just have to see what it looks like. It's pretty none the less

My Joe the Coral has green polyps, a slight purple to the tips and the body is a nice blue near the tips that fades to a whiteish-green near the base of the branches. It could be a JTC, or something similar. Either way, it looks like a nice piece.

Arkayology

Throw up a pic of yours! Would love something to compare too. I'm starting to see a little green, but on the base not the polyps.

Here is mine:

IMG_2623.jpg

Arkayology

I think all of those looks pretty similar to mine. It is just the kind of light that they are under I think.

TheKleinReef

I'm liking it. Color is great! Also the t5 makes the shimmer awesome. Reminds me of halide shimmer...not the disco ball shimmer. Not a huge fan of the shimmer you get from some LEDs. I'm thinking I'm going to try 2 coral+ bulbs. That way I can run my LEDs with more blue, and once the t5s kick on its good. I feel like right now when the t5 kicks on it's a little blue. I like a 14k look.'

my next tank will probably be a LED/T5 hybrid as well. i'm glad it's working for you. it kinda makes me wish i had Dave at Nanobox retro my sunpower... ah well.

I think you should move the scoly over to the left or right edge of the tank where it isn't under direct light output. IMO. Hard to tell if there's weak water flow over there or not though.

Looking amazing. Well done so far.

Thanks Aj, means a lot.

I think you should move the scoly over to the left or right edge of the tank where it isn't under direct light output. IMO. Hard to tell if there's weak water flow over there or not though.

I think I'm going to put it in the back right side. There is a little shade and the flow should be lowest there. I won't lie, with the mp10 and mp40 it's pretty heavy in my tank. Thanks again!

I love your tank man, but damn all I read about is people getting shitty deliveries..

Well I got my tank without to many hiccups. The oyster on the glass almost made me loose it. It's the absolute only thing that was wrong with the tank. The silicone work is amazing, everything lines up great, cabinet looks good, even the skimmer which I was worried about is doing good! I talked to them a couple times troughout my purchase and made sure they understood what I was expecting.

Also they did credit me money for the chip. Once wet, you don't know it's there.

picture's actually look okay. just meddle with the WB and you should get some good results! :)

Thanks! I didn't adjust the white balance too much on those. Just a little. I wanted to keep them as close to real as possible. I took these with mostly blues, light was already dimming for the night.

TheKleinReef

Thanks! I didn't adjust the white balance too much on those. Just a little. I wanted to keep them as close to real as possible. I took these with mostly blues, light was already dimming for the night.

that makes sense. i was scrolling through the pictures while some friends were over and your pics got some compliments. :D

this tank is gonna be so epic!

that makes sense. i was scrolling through the pictures while some friends were over and your pics got some compliments. :D

this tank is gonna be so epic!

Thanks bro! I'm hoping it can mature and get to the level I want. I really want this tank covered in heathy fuzzy sticks, and awesome color

I love the tang! That's a white tail bristletooth tang right?

Good eye!! I got this tang being sold as a regular yellow eye kole. When I looked at him I noticed how white his tail was. I had read stuff about white tail bristletooth tangs, and them being a little rare. I decided to keep my mouth shut and buy him :)

His tail has slow gotten whiter with time! I'm pretty stoked about it. He is also a little more red then a normal kole, but it's hard to photograph. All in all it's one pretty little fish. I have looked into him, and it seems as they get older they get even more red and tail gets even whiter!

Where's the scoly placed right now? Looks like the skeleton is pretty exposed. Was this taken right when the lights were turned on?

It's in a corner of the tank like you recommended. The was taken with lights dimming for the night. Since taking this pic I went ahead and covered it with a small plastic container with some holes in it. I want to make sure it's being left alone and maybe defuse some light. I fed it last night and it reacted to food, but not like normal. Don't know what else to do. :(

Awesome scape! Great tank! I'd get those SPS frags off their plugs.

Thank you! As much as i hate frag plugs, it seems every time i mess with them i break branches :unsure:

Archived