Top Shelf Aquatics

My 70g Cadlights Artisan, Radion Powered SPS Reef!

Alex B

Man...I have a tough decision to make right now. My friend just called me and offered me a apex lite with all types of goodies. He was running it on his 90 with 2 tunze pumps. I always loved how his tank looked and the flow. I didn't get tunze pumps because I couldn't afford them and a apex right now so I bought the rw-8s

Now this deal pops up! Wish he would have told me this 4 days ago before I ordered the pumps. Kinda sucks big time. I think I'm going to jump on the deal. Sucks because I know I'm gonna loose money now on 1 day old pumps.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For sure man. Let me get this all figured out. I have like 6 pumps right now..lol..my wife game me a serious look when I said I was getting this deal from my buddy now. "How many damn pumps do you need for 1 little tank"

I quote that word for word

Arkayology

For sure man. Let me get this all figured out. I have like 6 pumps right now..lol..my wife game me a serious look when I said I was getting this deal from my buddy now. "How many damn pumps do you need for 1 little tank" I quote that word for word

Big changes, but they are for the best. You will love the apex and those tunze pumps.

Thanks ark! I am going to work on the tank tom!

A little update. I don't have any new coral or pics...but...I feel like the tank has hit a huge milestone in the last 2 weeks!

This has me more excited then any coral or new equipment!

I did my weekly water change on Sunday night. I always test after water change. I was at the same param I've been at for the past months or so.

Dkh 8.4

Mag 1340

Calcium 450

Well today Tuesday I decided to test everything. I noticed a little growth spurt on some sticks and some better color.

Dkh 7.4

Calcium 410

Mag 1320

Looks like everything dropped in 2 days. This makes me super excited because obviously the corals are responding and sucking up some nutrients! The parameters I'm at right now is exactly where I want to be. So time to hook up a doser and get some 2 part going! I'll take some pics later this week to show the growth. I'm pretty stoked and feel like the tank is leveling out. Usually right behind growth is color, so I'm hoping things start to color up!

Anyone have a spare mp10 dry side housing?? I dropped one of mine when i was changing the pumps ;(

Can you buy just the housing anywhere? The pumps still works great, but has a small crack. Feel like smacking myself.

No, jebao are sold. Got a apex and something else. My 2 mp10s were going back on, and when I was putting them on I dropped one. I cracked the dry side housing. Still works perfect, but I need to fix it.

No, jebao are sold. Got a apex and something else. My 2 mp10s were going back on, and when I was putting them on I dropped one. I cracked the dry side housing. Still works perfect, but I need to fix it.

Your gonna love the apex! Especially with fusion. Did it come with a wxm?

Your gonna love the apex! Especially with fusion. Did it come with a wxm?

Thanks! It's a big task ripping everything up again to set up the apex. I haven't dug into it yet. Maybe this week. My buddy didn't have the wxm. He wasn't running vortechs so I guess no need for it. I believe that module is to control various ecotechs correct?

Cool. I don't have a radion, or vortechs so I prob won't end up getting it. The tank eventually will run 2 tunze pumps. Right now I'm back to vortechs until I swap everything over. I have always wanted to try tunze pumps, and my friends tank was amazing with them.

Been wanting an Apex for a while now but I keep spending my reef budget (and then some) on frags. Interested to see how you set it all up.

Been wanting an Apex for a while now but I keep spending my reef budget (and then some) on frags. Interested to see how you set it all up.

Yea the apex looks awesome. So much you could do!

For the tunze people. I'm leaning towards 2 6095 pumps for this tank. Anyone think something else is better? I think the small footprint would be great for this tank. My buddy ended up keeping his pumps, but sold me the apex. Gotta grab 2 pumps and I can set all this up!

Dude do I look retarded?

The name of the coral is 500 dollar efflo. I paid 15 bucks for it. Come on dude! Not my first rodeo.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Dude do I look retarded?

The name of the coral is 500 dollar efflo. I paid 15 bucks for it. Come on dude! Not my first rodeo.

homer-simpson-doh.gif

lol...it's all good broski. If I ever paid 500.00 for a coral, it better rub my back in bed. They did however sell 2 jelly bean chalices for like 500.00 each. We are talking about half inch frags.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I think i need to just sell my two giant colonies and buy 2 or 3 new awesome one of a kind acros, to grow out in place of my valida (brown yuck, needs to go) and the stylophora, which is cool, but not one of a kind...

wish i had better selection.... i mean, it wouldn't be so bad if the pink milli and red planet would grow but their as slow as molasses...

Congrats on the apex. I feel guilty not using mine to its full potential. Havent even done the update in like 2 years. Its basically functioning as an overpriced controller for my heater and a Digital thermometer/ph meter. :blush:

Dude you should have a pretty good coral selection over in ft lauderdale. I'm from Miami and I know they got fire over in dade. There is a frag swap in dania coming up on the 21. While the stuff in your tank may be common, the tank looks nice and filled in.

I guess it's really up to you. It's tough since you run a mixed reef. If the lps wasn't there you could up the flow and fill the tank with awesome acros!

Nice grabs on the Live sale bro. I ended up with 7 pieces total myself(pics on my thread). I know you were busy all day so I'm glad you were able to get some. There was some seriously nice stuff. Thanks again for letting me know about the sale, otherwise I would have never known about it.

Archived