Cultivated Reef

My 70g Cadlights Artisan, Radion Powered SPS Reef!

Alex B

Nanofreak79

Most of them look like they have good PE? Sucks to hear when you get a bad order. Hopefully some pull through, or they make it right. I'm no big fisherman, but do enjoy bringing the kiddos to the lake and doing some dock or shore fishing. They've all caught some decent sized fish that way. Use to live on a lake with an old ass pontoon to use, sadly no more and were stuck in the burbs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of them look like they have good PE? Sucks to hear when you get a bad order. Hopefully some pull through, or they make it right. I'm no big fisherman, but do enjoy bringing the kiddos to the lake and doing some dock or shore fishing. They've all caught some decent sized fish that way. Use to live on a lake with an old ass pontoon to use, sadly no more and were stuck in the burbs.

Fishing is fun no matter how u do it!

The ones I posted are the ones that made it it. I have 3 that did not. All the ones I put up should make it! They look pretty healthy.

Nanofreak79

Yeah, I saw some I wish I had in my tank. My cad only has real estate left for sticks, so I'm on the hunt for some nice ones. Drool....

Hope the frags make it, if your system is up to par they may do okay in time :)

Thanks Christine. Everything that came in healthy looks happy! Plenty of PE and colors don't look to bad. Unfortunately the frags that came in with TN are goners. They had already lost most of the tissue in shipping. I have them in the tank anyways. You never know. I don't throw away sps till not even 1 little piece of tissue remains. I've had frags grow back from almost nothing! Amazing creatures these coral are... :)

So I got things squared away with reef raft. New shipment coming in.

Some of this d day

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14631599255/'>14631599255_389173b2c8.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14631599255/'>Untitled by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/'>touchofklasse, on Flickr

And some of this. This piece is in the tank now, but I didn't post a pic because it's in super poor shape. It lost 80% of the tissue. Doubt it will make it. It's a new release called yellow submarine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14444944970/'>14444944970_84b9a70060.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14444944970/'>Untitled by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/'>touchofklasse, on Flickr

I do need a wrasse for critter control. They play a huge part in a reef. I've never been a huge wrasse guy though. Only wrasse I really love is leapord wrasse. Any other really cool ones!?

I don't know if I would do a trio, but definitely one. You read my mind. It's my fav wrasse. If I find one eating prepared foods I will jump on it.

I like them too. I want to buy stuff that's not too common, but it's a possibility. I love yellow fish!

0304101-124.jpg

Those are both insane, I hope they make it. I've been thinking of adding something yellow to my tank and those are both stunning.

Thank you! I hope I can keep even 50% of that color. So nice!!!

Those will be a couple more sick additions....i knew reef raft would make it right bro.

Thanks bro! I hope they arrive healthy and take off! Will definitely be the nicest pieces in the tank.

Sweet baby Jesus in a manger that piece is insane.

;)

I do need a wrasse for critter control. They play a huge part in a reef. I've never been a huge wrasse guy though. Only wrasse I really love is leapord wrasse. Any other really cool ones!?

I don't know if I would do a trio, but definitely one. You read my mind. It's my fav wrasse. If I find one eating prepared foods I will jump on it.

I like them too. I want to buy stuff that's not too common, but it's a possibility. I love yellow fish!

0304101-124.jpg

I like those too! My yellow coris is having a blast in my tank. Pod heaven

So everything is doing good in the tank. Nanotopia thanks a bunch for helping me out! Things have turned around, and everything is looking happier by the day.

Want every ones opinion. I have been thinking about doing a floating canopy. I think it would look awesome. Yay or nay??

Always glad to help Alex :)

Thanks Christine! Sometimes I feel like I'm over my head running zeo, but I'm in it for the long haul. I know it's going to have some ups and downs. It's definitely a learning curve, but hopefully I get it dialed in. Things do look better the last week. Like anyone else I hate having things die on me. Unfortunately I have lost 2 frags. 1 was never very healthy, the other was a result of my nutrients dropping too much. Everything else is still going strong. Color seems to be getting better now also.

Nice adds man. You put all other tanks on this site to shame. Now lets get those frags growing!

I wouldn't say all that! Lots of beautiful tanks on NR! Thank you though!!

I'm working on the growing part. I have some frags that have taken off, some not so much. I think now that the system is getting more stable, things should start looking better. The last 2 weeks I'm finally seeing some good coralline growth, and all gha and brown film is gone! Signs of a maturing tank make me happy :) tank is now officially 5 months old.

frankdontsurf

Your on the right track! I have a plotter and printer since I do automotive ppf film. Problem is the following. When you print vinyl the adhesive side is not colored. It's white with the adhesive which means once it's on the tank the printed part is on the outside. Talking to a 3m rep yesterday got me closer. Apparently I need to get vinyl with no adhesive. I then need to print the color and seal it. Once I do that I can use a clear adhesive so that the printed vinyl faces in and you get the effect in the tank. Sounds a little complicated..lol...going to keep looking around.

Contact my boy @stickerz_ on Instagram tell him I sent you. I go by @frankdontsurf on IG also. Him and I go way back, pre pubcescent days. He can probably help you out and keep costs down.

Just scored a frag of og orange passion. It's a tiny little nub, but it's encrusted and has awesome color. Got the frag for 35.00 bucks. Very happy today!! ;). Better then paying $150+ for a half inch frag. Crappy cellphone shot but here ya go

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14516413638/'>14516413638_759243358e_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123509535@N06/14516413638/'>Untitled by https://www.flickr.com/people/123509535@N06/'>touchofklasse, on Flickr

Notice the awesome color on the frag behind it. That's one of my reef raft pieces which came in with no color at all. I think my zeo routine is getting better!

Dang, it got that much color on it that fast? Zeovit is such an expensive system, but it has to work for SPS systems I assume. I was recommended a bottle of FlatWorm Stop for coral color/growth instead of using what I normally use (acropower) but I found it made my Bonsai pale and my gorg slimed so much it didn't open for a week and didn't open until after I dipped it in Coral RX. Some people swear by the FlatWorm Stop even if they don't use the whole zeo system, but I just didn't like it. Congats on the orange passion. That's a score :D

Dang, it got that much color on it that fast? Zeovit is such an expensive system, but it has to work for SPS systems I assume. I was recommended a bottle of FlatWorm Stop for coral color/growth instead of using what I normally use (acropower) but I found it made my Bonsai pale and my gorg slimed so much it didn't open for a week and didn't open until after I dipped it in Coral RX. Some people swear by the FlatWorm Stop even if they don't use the whole zeo system, but I just didn't like it. Congats on the orange passion. That's a score :D

Thanks! I have noticed I can see colors around the 2-3 weeks mark. Sometimes even less. Some pieces however have been more stubborn and have taken a little longer. Regardless the corals do seem to color up pretty quick. It's a lot of trial and error though. I have lost a couple pieces getting the system dialed in. I might have moved a little fast at the beginning. Patience is a hard thing for me ;)

Everything seems to be on the up though. Also I'm surprised they recommended flatworm stop and compared it to acropower. Acropower is a amino acid supplement. Not sure what's in flatworm stop, but it's not a amino acid supplement. That's for sure. I don't think it's a food either. From what I know it's to threat for flatworms, or can be used to prevent them with periodic dosing as a precaution. If you were looking for foods, or amino acids you would want pohls xtra and coral vitalizer.

Thanks! I have noticed I can see colors around the 2-3 weeks mark. Sometimes even less. Some pieces however have been more stubborn and have taken a little longer. Regardless the corals do seem to color up pretty quick. It's a lot of trial and error though. I have lost a couple pieces getting the system dialed in. I might have moved a little fast at the beginning. Patience is a hard thing for me ;)

Everything seems to be on the up though. Also I'm surprised they recommended flatworm stop and compared it to acropower. Acropower is a amino acid supplement. Not sure what's in flatworm stop, but it's not a amino acid supplement. That's for sure. I don't think it's a food either. From what I know it's to threat for flatworms, or can be used to prevent them with periodic dosing as a precaution. If you were looking for foods, or amino acids you would want pohls xtra and coral vitalizer.

From what I understand, FlatWorm Stop was originally intended as a coral booster (for color and growth) and the increase in slime coat was a side effect. They noticed that the slime coat prevent the flat worms from being able to eat the acropora and they would gradually die out. So that's how they decided to market it. I may try it again, but I think because I have a really mixed reef system I'll stick to the acropower for now.

From what I understand, FlatWorm Stop was originally intended as a coral booster (for color and growth) and the increase in slime coat was a side effect. They noticed that the slime coat prevent the flat worms from being able to eat the acropora and they would gradually die out. So that's how they decided to market it. I may try it again, but I think because I have a really mixed reef system I'll stick to the acropower for now.

Where did you hear that?

Archived