Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 70g Cadlights Artisan, Radion Powered SPS Reef!

Alex B

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn Alex,I haven't stopped in since this had been set up,and wow. Those frags look crazy good. How have the sticks been treating you ?

Has WWC been Having some good stuff lately ? I've been thinking of making a trip out there,but the guys at LF said they'd have some nice sps frags coming from their farm this weekend,so I might check them out.

Dude do I look retarded?

The name of the coral is 500 dollar efflo. I paid 15 bucks for it. Come on dude! Not my first rodeo.

But you paid the $400 for the reef raft d-day? I need youre job!

Lol...u think I paid 400.00 for it?..it was bought during a live sale and it was part of a signature frag pack. 4 frags for $250.00

I actually even think I posted that somewhere on this thread.

While it's not the cheapest, it's not crazy either. Almost all the frags in this tank are from friends and other hobbyist. Those frags are the most expensive frags in this tank.

On another note, what anyone pays for a frag is there business/problem. I've seen people drop 2,000 on a piece of coral. While I think it's crazy, and would never do that. I won't be a hater either.....

;)

i spy the green slimer i gave yah! How are the frags doing?

Everything is doing good! The frags have colored up well. The miyagi is next to the monti. You can see it's nice and purple, and starting to get some green. Unfortunately that picture was after everything went trough the change of dropping zeovit. A lot of frags lost colors and looked crappy for a few weeks. Let me know when your home on vaca or something. Got a couple frags I could send ya soon :)

Damn Alex,I haven't stopped in since this had been set up,and wow. Those frags look crazy good. How have the sticks been treating you ?

Has WWC been Having some good stuff lately ? I've been thinking of making a trip out there,but the guys at LF said they'd have some nice sps frags coming from their farm this weekend,so I might check them out.

Honestly I don't do much shopping at wwc. I know they were setting up some propagation tanks. They were amazing!

Topshelf has some cool sps pieces lately. Orange passion, hawkins, PC Rainbow, the green Aussie solitary that was on reef builders and some more stuff. I haven't bought coral in a while with all the problems the tank has had. Things are getting better every day though.

Everything is doing good! The frags have colored up well. The miyagi is next to the monti. You can see it's nice and purple, and starting to get some green. Unfortunately that picture was after everything went trough the change of dropping zeovit. A lot of frags lost colors and looked crappy for a few weeks. Let me know when your home on vaca or something. Got a couple frags I could send ya soon :)

should be around christmas. I'm excited!

but i'm glad to hear things are doing well. my myagi responded really well to less light:

https://flic.kr/p/oLoquK'>14942149587_2d8129a7e3_b.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/oLoquK'>FSH_0461 by https://www.flickr.com/people/127239994@N04/'>loraine_klein1, on Flickr

Oh okay. I haven't been to WWC in probably 2-3 years. Always a little too pricey for my cheap ass self lol.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago (before they ordered the PC Rainbow Mitch,Travis,the guy with the Mustang and myself were all standing in the frag room drooling over pieces online lol. I wonder how much they are asking for the Orange Passion and Hawkins. I'd love to get a piece of each.

I'm still willing to get a few pieces from you like we spoke about whenever you're ready :D so you're completely offline now right ? Hopefully you see a 360* turn around on colors and survival right. There's been a few people whom have came offline due to problems.

Oh okay. I haven't been to WWC in probably 2-3 years. Always a little too pricey for my cheap ass self lol.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago (before they ordered the PC Rainbow Mitch,Travis,the guy with the Mustang and myself were all standing in the frag room drooling over pieces online lol. I wonder how much they are asking for the Orange Passion and Hawkins. I'd love to get a piece of each.

I'm still willing to get a few pieces from you like we spoke about whenever you're ready :D so you're completely offline now right ? Hopefully you see a 360* turn around on colors and survival right. There's been a few people whom have came offline due to problems.

Yes I've been offline completely for like a month. I should have some frags for you soon. I really don't like selling anything when it's not healthy. I would hate for you to put it in your tank and have problems. A healthy coral can handle stress 10000x better then a coral that's stressed to begin with. I also like for frags to encrust the glue well before selling them.

Oh nice man. It sucks that it didn't work out for you. But I'm glad that you are having good results without it. Nothing wrong with good ole fashion reef keeping. I mean it's treated reefers perfectly. Hopefully everything settles in well man. I was going to sump my 7 gallon with a 10 gallon,and run full blown zeo. But I've been thinking all day long and I'm thinking I'll just run a Skimz SH2 and call it a day.. Idk.

I agree with you 110%. Shit,I'm wanting to find some small ass numbs to grow out. I'm seriously contemplating trading in majority of my Zoa's and get som more sps.

Today I was looking at the tank. I've been a little busy and not paying much attention to things. Happy to report the hydroids are damn near gone. I don't know why, but I'm glad they are. I would think that the tank getting dirty since stopping zeovit would fuel them, but it did the opposite. They are all gone :)

I'm really stoked about that. They were really starting to irritate my zoas. The tank is exploding in coralline the last week. Stuff is everywhere. While it's a good sign that things are heading in the right direction, now I gotta scrape it...lol...love it on the rocks, but not on my glass.

I had some hydroids too,I don't know if I got them from Living Reef,or Top Shelf,but I took the frags out,freshwater dipped,scrubbed with a toothbrush and then super glued over where they were,and they never showed back up.

I'm happy to hear you report they are hopefully gone and you won that battle. I know they can pack a serious sting on softies and sps don't take to kindly to them.

I had some hydroids too,I don't know if I got them from Living Reef,or Top Shelf,but I took the frags out,freshwater dipped,scrubbed with a toothbrush and then super glued over where they were,and they never showed back up.

I'm happy to hear you report they are hopefully gone and you won that battle. I know they can pack a serious sting on softies and sps don't take to kindly to them.

Are they the same hydroids I had?? I was a little worried, but they dwindled down. Most people say the tiny hydroids like these will eventually disappear. I was a little concerned because I delt with colonial hydroids once and they were not fun. These did level out though as the tank matured.

From what I have read, all of those are better than the digitate hydroids I have in my nuvo. I have my fingers extra crossed that none of them will make it into my 34.....

Glad yours seem to have disappeared Alex.

From what I have read, all of those are better than the digitate hydroids I have in my nuvo. I have my fingers extra crossed that none of them will make it into my 34.....

Those are definitely the worst :o

I have a couple sticks of dynamite. Just hit me up if they make it into the new tank.

I had the free floating "jellyfish" type and the type that have long stems and fuzzy on the ends,I'm assuming the second type I had were worst than the free float ones.

These to be exact that covered this crab:

http://www.takakouno.com/gallery/v/album25/Hyroid_covered_Unidentified_Majidae_02.jpg.html

I also spoke to Travis from Top Shelf earlier Today,and he's going to set me aside a bunch of frags he thinks I might like/want and I'm going to stop by this weekend and he what he's got.

Lol...I'm good like that ;). I designed everything to be hidden. The wires are running in custom channels I built into the cabinet. Everything runs inside the channels and into my apex and dj strip. I also painted the back of the sump white, and that helps hide stuff like the skimmer and heater wires.

Please help me.

20131225_145709.jpg

Please help me.

20131225_145709.jpg

Aiii yai yai...that's mucho wires!

Kat how in the world do you need all those plugs! Between my eb8 and dj strip I have my whole tank covered with plugs to spare. I have skimmer, reactors, doser, lights, heater, fuge light and cabinet lighting, ato, powerheads, return pump, and a extra pump in the sump I use for water changes. I can't believe you got all that for 130d :o

Yah. so we both agree I need help right?

HEre's the electrical tree:

5 outlet GFCI

1-Powerstrip with main RSM equipment

2-Powerstrip with Pico equipment

3-RSM control panel powerstrip

4-Fridge

5-Vortech battery backup powering 1 MP10

-1. Powerstrip with main RSM equipment

A- skimmer

B-ATO

C-Apex jr

D-EB4

E-reactor

F-spare

G- always on wi fi for Apex

-2 Powerstrip with Pico equipment

A- pico LED

B-Pico PH

C- Pico return pump

D- Pico LED

E- LEF fan for RSM lights

-3 RSM control panel powerstrip

A- 2nd MP10

B-RSM internal return pump

C- night viewing actinic

The UPS on the lower left side is on it's own wall outlet with only the sump return pump hooked up to it.

Apex JR

1. Fuge fan

2. Doser

3. Doser

4. HEater

EB4

1. T5

2. T5

3. Nano Box Duo

4. Controller (always on)

About 25 total (I may have missed a couple)

Lol...no biggie...nothing that can't be fixed. In your case, since it's so much, I would buy a small cabinet or something and hide everything in there. I almost did the same thing with my tank, but then I hid my doser and ato in the decorative boxes next to my tank. You would never know anything tank related was in there.

Also, if you got 2 dj strips, I think you could clean it up a lot. They really are great and make it super easy to turn things off and on. Just mount them where they could never get wet.

Polarcollision

Today I was looking at the tank. I've been a little busy and not paying much attention to things. Happy to report the hydroids are damn near gone. I don't know why, but I'm glad they are. I would think that the tank getting dirty since stopping zeovit would fuel them, but it did the opposite. They are all gone :)

I'm really stoked about that. They were really starting to irritate my zoas. The tank is exploding in coralline the last week. Stuff is everywhere. While it's a good sign that things are heading in the right direction, now I gotta scrape it...lol...love it on the rocks, but not on my glass.

That's great news about the hydroids! Mine have not started going away yet. If you get some time will you pretty please with sugar on top let me know what all your parameters are, even temperature and media or additives? I'll try and match what you have going now and hope mine will die off too.

Polarcollision

I had a bunch of those in my Nuvo 8. They stung everything they could reach for 5-6 months and then just disappeared, never to be seen again. They should do the same for you also.

I love the A. meleagrides wrasse, though it is a she, not a he yet ;) the male is unfortunately drab compared to the female, hopefully it does like some leopard wrasses and doesn't always change to male when alone!

I hope she doesn't! She is my fav fish right now! The male colors are not that great like you said. I've noticed something kind of strange, but it's working in my favor. The yellow coris wrasse seems to be turning male. I almost thought it was a banana wrasse, that's how crazy his colors have gotten. He has become the dominant over the tamarin. They are not a pair, but he keeps her in check. I've seen behavior like this in same species fish before, so I'm hoping it helps in her staying female.

I love the A. meleagrides wrasse, though it is a she, not a he yet ;) the male is unfortunately drab compared to the female, hopefully it does like some leopard wrasses and doesn't always change to male when alone!

That's great news about the hydroids! Mine have not started going away yet. If you get some time will you pretty please with sugar on top let me know what all your parameters are, even temperature and media or additives? I'll try and match what you have going now and hope mine will die off too.
I'm actually due for some test :)I'll post up some parameters today. I think the biggest thing honestly is the maturing. A lot of coralline has been growing and taking over spots where the hydroids were. My corals also seem to have gotten healthier. My zoas just grew over then and smothered them.

I hope she doesn't! She is my fav fish right now! The male colors are not that great like you said. I've noticed something kind of strange, but it's working in my favor. The yellow coris wrasse seems to be turning male. I almost thought it was a banana wrasse, that's how crazy his colors have gotten. He has become the dominant over the tamarin. They are not a pair, but he keeps her in check. I've seen behavior like this in same species fish before, so I'm hoping it helps in her staying female.

That's definitely a point in your favor! Fingers crossed! fingerscrossed

Archived