ReefCleaners.org

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

on the RW-8's they provide you with a lot of flow. I have both of mine set at ELSE and on flow setting 2 and let me tell you these things push some water. I have a bad cyano outbreak and they are helping get flow to areas that haven't had it since the tank was setup.

Cons: Don't use night mode you have to manually turn it off and when you have two pumps sync'd its a PITA

Enough for.... 120 gallons........ lol

Did you see whats happening with the Gyre? A bunch of people have had it take a crap on them lol

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case you guys don't follow me on FB or Instagram, I've been asked if its photoshop and to those people I say "drop by, everything looks better in person" :)

15547351698_b2528b5fd3_c.jpg

Lol, Cornbred is selling that same exact plate right now on ebay...auction at $192 already.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cornbreds-Rainbow-Sunkist-Fungia-Wysiwyg-CORAL-/121482677282?pt=Coral_and_Live_Rock&hash=item1c48ee8c22

$_57.JPG

defective_weeble

So... if I actually bite you....

Sorry Claudia, but I'm not your kinda girl :P

I hope you plan on running BB with atleast a 6' SPS tank. I just tossed one in my 48"x30"x24" to mix the salt and its got plenty of flow, could probably be the only pump I'd need in the tank.... if only it didn't have that damn cord. :lol:

Not bare bottom, but yep, it's 6 feet. 180 SPS tank.

Consider going BB or plan to turn them down, which also means you won't be able to run ELSE mode, atleast not through the stock controller ;)

Did you see whats happening with the Gyre? A bunch of people have had it take a crap on them lol

I'm not really surprised. Afterall they said they were going to be more in line with Jebao, pricing certainly isn't so gotta fall in somewhere LOL

Lol, Cornbred is selling that same exact plate right now on ebay...auction at $192 already.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cornbreds-Rainbow-Sunkist-Fungia-Wysiwyg-CORAL-/121482677282?pt=Coral_and_Live_Rock&hash=item1c48ee8c22

$_57.JPG

Guess who he bought it from? lol

Sorry Claudia, but I'm not your kinda girl :P

Dammit! You'd look so nice in a dress though :)

Are you gonna go full sps or mixed-ish

I'm not really surprised. Afterall they said they were going to be more in line with Jebao, pricing certainly isn't so gotta fall in somewhere LOL

I understand that new products have kinks here and there but imo I've seen more than a couple mess up already. I really didnt expect that from Maxspect. Jebao is putting a hurtin' on some other pump markets, mostly bc the people that were limited to only x, y, z pumps and never really used the bells and whistles can no get Jebaos a tonnnn cheaper to do basically the same thing. One of them craps out? Get another no big deal. On another note, how does one get proper flow with just one pump in the tank??

Um ma'am,we need to speak about that FairyTale Zoa's

Those are completely off limits lol, I'm growing them. Do you know how much JF is selling them for?

The RW-8's go from 184 GPH to 2000 gph. On a 120 you might need two side pumps and two pumps on the back wall. then yes you could go with the RW-8s.. (I currently have them at flow setting 2 which is about 25%) These pumps have a very wide flow pattern too.

Don't put them too close to the sand because they have a uber under tow..

If you wanted to only have two pumps on a 120 go with the RW-15's plenty of flow then.

I am a flow kinda guy, i mean I had two MP-10s @ 80% random flow on a 34 20X20 cube.

BTW I had two wp-10s on the 60 and that was way too little flow. To the point that I had the worse cyano outbreak because of dead areas, now there isn't a dead spot and cyano is going away.

defective_weeble

Dammit! You'd look so nice in a dress though :)

Are you gonna go full sps or mixed-ish

My brain tells me full SPS, but I'm sure there will be some LPS in there somewhere. Most of our LPS and softies are in Candace's tank though. Including the fastest growing plug of Blondies I've ever seen. Bought them with 2 heads a month ago, now have 7.

The problem that I have is placement to keep the LPS happy in a high flow tank. My local dude has a super sick black torch that I want really bad, but I'm not sure where I'd put it to keep it from looking like it's in a tornado. That said, I do want some movement in the tank, and I also have an acan garden that has to stay because I love it too much to not have it.

If you wanted to only have two pumps on a 120 go with the RW-15's plenty of flow then.

2x rw15s is excessive in a 4' 120 especially a mixed/ lps dom tank. Full SPS and bare bottom it would even be a bit, they flow looooong easily shoot with good power 5-6' each. Rw8s would be plenty in a 4'er.

I run 2x rw15s in a 8'x3' tank and they cover every inch.

The RW-8's go from 184 GPH to 2000 gph. On a 120 you might need two side pumps and two pumps on the back wall. then yes you could go with the RW-8s.. (I currently have them at flow setting 2 which is about 25%) These pumps have a very wide flow pattern too.

Don't put them too close to the sand because they have a uber under tow..

I am a flow kinda guy, i mean I had two MP-10s @ 80% random flow on a 34 20X20 cube.

BTW I had two wp-10s on the 60 and that was way too little flow. To the point that I had the worse cyano outbreak because of dead areas, now there isn't a dead spot and cyano is going away.

Hmmm I have to look into it I wanna play around with having multiple flow patterns.

Were cranked all the way up?

My brain tells me full SPS, but I'm sure there will be some LPS in there somewhere. Most of our LPS and softies are in Candace's tank though. Including the fastest growing plug of Blondies I've ever seen. Bought them with 2 heads a month ago, now have 7.

The problem that I have is placement to keep the LPS happy in a high flow tank. My local dude has a super sick black torch that I want really bad, but I'm not sure where I'd put it to keep it from looking like it's in a tornado. That said, I do want some movement in the tank, and I also have an acan garden that has to stay because I love it too much to not have it.

Black torches are the freaking bomb! I love the look of them man. Besides don't kid yourself, you're a LPS guy lol

So you're running a lfs or working for them? Or you're running an online side job selling pieces? I'm confused.

Lol, neither. I work for arguably the coolest wholesaler out there :) If you see someone on the east coast selling something "ultra" 8/10 it comes through me. A lot of people on in the Mid-US are jumping on the train and we even have people on the west coast(for whatever reason lol). The reason it's the same picture is because Cornbred bought the piece from us and wanted to use my image

2x rw15s is excessive in a 4' 120 especially a mixed/ lps dom tank. Full SPS and bare bottom it would even be a bit, they flow looooong easily shoot with good power 5-6' each. Rw8s would be plenty in a 4'er.

I run 2x rw15s in a 8'x3' tank and they cover every inch.

I just want softies lol fuuuuu SPS, I've given up on those

That makes sense lol. Just didn't see a wysiwyg or anything,doh <_<

its in the wysiwyg section :P

http://www.jasonfoxsignaturecorals.com/product_p/wyg-52.htm

What on earth is this and how can I get one?! Again, your pictures are amazing...

Than you sir :) this is a Cornbred Rockstar I have a buddy with some of them if you're interested

Than you sir :) this is a Cornbred Rockstar I have a buddy with some of them if you're interested

I have a feeling its way out of my price range but it is gorgeous...

I just want softies lol fuuuuu SPS, I've given up on those

I know which is why I said 2x rw15s would be extremely excessive. Don't be a quitter lol

It really doesn't surprise me tho if they aren't doing stellar for you, I'd guess your water is geared more towards happy z/ps. If you think you might wanna try em again later just send em my way and if you ever change your mind or set up a tank with cleaner water and more flow you will have some nice chunky pieces waiting.

I have a feeling its way out of my price range but it is gorgeous...

Not at all lol, they're not the cheapest but they're certainly not an arm and a leg. Imo its a fair price and I'm a cheap ass :)

I know which is why I said 2x rw15s would be extremely excessive. Don't be a quitter lol

It really doesn't surprise me tho if they aren't doing stellar for you, I'd guess your water is geared more towards happy z/ps. If you think you might wanna try em again later just send em my way and if you ever change your mind or set up a tank with cleaner water and more flow you will have some nice chunky pieces waiting.

Well, chalices are doing pretty good now in here as well! I currently have no need for sticks and super clean water(and honestly I like my z/ps soooo much better) that being said I may change my mind on that down the road lol. If I find something super really cool with potential you already know its going your way lol

Archived