Pod Your Reef

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see. Well this mid-week update kinda sucks ahaha.

You work there full-time?

Its mostly just Indo, when GMP comes in we very rarely even have time to take pictures before they get sold.

Mhmm

Nice, nice. I thought you were working full-time for your pops' company back in the days? Never knew you'd make the switch haha. I'm working everyday now...weekend at a lfs hehe. Hopefully I can score some eye candies on the weekends from my boss.

Nice, nice. I thought you were working full-time for your pops' company back in the days? Never knew you'd make the switch haha. I'm working everyday now...weekend at a lfs hehe. Hopefully I can score some eye candies on the weekends from my boss.

Used to, I've done a lot since lol

IMO Cali has a big problem with cherry pickers as far as I've heard leave the shops with some what slim pickings

Temptation, thy name is Clam

15774564555_1cb383e1f4_c.jpg

15154598214_15f424c39e_c.jpg

On a sidenote, we put these in with the acros and literally in a day the suck out all the calcium omgomgomg they have me pouring a gallon of calcium every 3 days :rant:

IMO Cali has a big problem with cherry pickers as far as I've heard leave the shops with some what slim pickings

Yeah, I wouldn't know haha.

Temptation, thy name is Clam

15774564555_1cb383e1f4_c.jpg

15154598214_15f424c39e_c.jpg

On a sidenote, we put these in with the acros and literally in a day the suck out all the calcium omgomgomg they have me pouring a gallon of calcium every 3 days :rant:

These make me want to get a clam but my lobster would enjoy that snack.

These make me want to get a clam but my lobster would enjoy that snack.

These two bastards have squirted me like three times already, they're gonna rot in this tank lol....jk but seriously you're not losing out believe me

These two bastards have squirted me like three times already, they're gonna rot in this tank lol....jk but seriously you're not losing out believe me

Lol maybe they're just calling you for more calcium. I just really like that black/white pattern. I'm so used to seeing nothing but blues and purples.

I've been debating wether or not to go back to the LFS for work... I dunno if I want to work for coral again haha. That said, the tank could use some new tech. Also the only store I'd want to work at is somewhat shady.

Just take a trip to the wholesaler with your boss one day, its pretty fun ngl

Probably won't because my lfs gets shipment from Vietnam, Indo, he has a farm there.

If by turned all the way up you are referring to the wp-10s yes they were. I think the wp-10s were marked wrong as far as flow rates. The RW8s wow they produce a ton of flow..

Good luck with the 120..

Lol maybe they're just calling you for more calcium. I just really like that black/white pattern. I'm so used to seeing nothing but blues and purples.

Yeah the black ones are considered to be somewhat rare, I'm gonna get a picture of the one I like best today it has like a hue of pink to it(unless they bought it already <_< )

I've been debating wether or not to go back to the LFS for work... I dunno if I want to work for coral again haha. That said, the tank could use some new tech. Also the only store I'd want to work at is somewhat shady.

Somewhat? Lol in what sense?

Probably won't because my lfs gets shipment from Vietnam, Indo, he has a farm there.

So basically he tranships? You guys are either big or expensive or both lol

If by turned all the way up you are referring to the wp-10s yes they were. I think the wp-10s were marked wrong as far as flow rates. The RW8s wow they produce a ton of flow..

Good luck with the 120..

Man, I'm excited to get it home. I need to see when I'm doing the whole breakdown, build thing but I'm currently just picking stuff up

Well, chalices are doing pretty good now in here as well! I currently have no need for sticks and super clean water(and honestly I like my z/ps soooo much better) that being said I may change my mind on that down the road lol. If I find something super really cool with potential you already know its going your way lol

Not surprising, chalices seem to like the dirty water as well. ;) I like the challenge with sticks, they are so easy to piss off its super rewarding IMO to finally make them happy!

:)

Sounds like you could use a calcium reactor

Alright, I'll say it: phrasing.

But seriously, the clams are really pretty!

Got some of these, I realllyyyy like em!

All these guys are in the QT now***

15611058207_9afde2ec51_c.jpg

15610811988_b19424b334_c.jpg

Were my bowsers from like forever ago, apparently they ended up in my sump and faded to heck but hey they could have melted. I found them, remounted them and to the QT, need to ask my grandparents wtf happened lol the saddest part is that I completely forgot about them lol

15176781813_b269dcf6cd_c.jpg

QT: I won a little tiny frag tank at coral con and decided to turn it into a QT for zoas. Very simple a pump for motion and a ton of turbos and other CUC critters. I dip all the QT specimens two times a week for two weeks and then they get into the tank :)

Btw when I said tiny I meant tiny, 1/2 gallon with a daily water change from the display

In other news I finally ordered an RW-8 through Amazon prime, it should be here Tuesday :)

(I am slightly worried that it may be too strong for my tank... in which case I'll just have to get the 120 sooner...boohoo)

Archived