Cultivated Reef

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

those zoas are sick along with all those chalices. awesome shots.

If I keep on getting work for photography I'm gonna just upgrade my glass :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilmatty5dimes

If I keep on getting work for photography I'm gonna just upgrade my glass :)

That would be sweet. Your going to need the room here pretty soon.

Love those chalice pictures, top quality photography. I've been looking around to start a collection myself and saving up for WWC when they release some frags of their jelly bean chalice again.

Love those chalice pictures, top quality photography. I've been looking around to start a collection myself and saving up for WWC when they release some frags of their jelly bean chalice again.
I love WWC stuff. I wish they would fill up there online store more and chill with the stupid ebay and ####ing live sale BS. They use to keep there store full but not anymore. There kinda dicks anymore about returning emails and PM's as well.
I love WWC stuff. I wish they would fill up there online store more and chill with the stupid ebay and ####ing live sale BS. They use to keep there store full but not anymore. There kinda dicks anymore about returning emails and PM's as well.

I live about 20 miles from their store and they have amazing things inside. They are pricey but some of their chalices blow my mind. And they cut me good deals in the store so I can't really complain.

I live about 20 miles from their store and they have amazing things inside. They are pricey but some of their chalices blow my mind. And they cut me good deals in the store so I can't really complain.
Bet it's nice having them as a LFS ;).

With those nem's I'll live vicariously thru you,if only.

Wait till you see whats coming (;

That would be sweet. Your going to need the room here pretty soon.

I have an 80 gallon DB on order already :)

Thank you so much :) If you ask Victor nicely I'm sure he would be willing to help you out :)

You have to understand that the live sales bring in people that dont want to pay $200 for a single piece in. Personally I don't have the time nor energy to sit through a live sale.

I'm going to go after this weeks frag swap :)

Thank you so much :) If you ask Victor nicely I'm sure he would be willing to help you out :)

You have to understand that the live sales bring in people that dont want to pay $200 for a single piece in. Personally I don't have the time nor energy to sit through a live sale.

I'm going to go after this weeks frag swap :)

I'm getting paid Thursday so I'll definitely be in there after I do my water change. Hopefully I can keep it under $100 :D

Meh,WWC is nice but so damn pricey. It's a little unnecessary.

I'm patiently waiting to see the new build thread though :)

The backroom farm? Man they spent some money on that stuff!

Cherry picking isn't cheap either. You can get a blind box of turds and maybe a gem or two and not spend a ton "per piece" but if you want 99% fire its gonna burn the benjis as well ;) And wholesalers aren't stupid if someone is willing to pay they will play too..... I was going to buy a chalice at a reasonable price that I could have still made a little on, ended up going to a big namer for 2k.... for a piece that had 5-6 eyes.

I agree with you Claya but they use to have decent priced stuff on the website. Plus those bastards wouldn't sell me a t shirt on my last order :).

I've noticed that once vendors start using other websites to sell their prices skyrocket. It sucks bc now if someone wants a really cool piece they have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

A great example is the Disney World acro, the guy that grew it out used to sell it for $30 but then he gave a piece away, that guy sold it for $500 and now the original guy is selling his for $500 an inch too.... not even a vendor mind you

I'm getting paid Thursday so I'll definitely be in there after I do my water change. Hopefully I can keep it under $100 :D

Thats what I always tell myself too.... :lol:

Meh,WWC is nice but so damn pricey. It's a little unnecessary.

I'm patiently waiting to see the new build thread though :)

I'm kreepin' on that build thread too omgomgomg

I think it looks really nice, high quality too

Cherry picking isn't cheap either. You can get a blind box of turds and maybe a gem or two and not spend a ton "per piece" but if you want 99% fire its gonna burn the benjis as well ;) And wholesalers aren't stupid if someone is willing to pay they will play too..... I was going to buy a chalice at a reasonable price that I could have still made a little on, ended up going to a big namer for 2k.... for a piece that had 5-6 eyes.

Cherry picking is more expensive that getting the straight goods lol. If someone buys like 1k they'll get a couple cool pieces but if they only want to cherry pick those couple cool pieces are gonna be a lot more expensive lol. BUT they'll probably sell very well as well.

Cherry picking is more expensive that getting the straight goods lol. If someone buys like 1k they'll get a couple cool pieces but if they only want to cherry pick those couple cool pieces are gonna be a lot more expensive lol. BUT they'll probably sell very well as well.

Yeah I know, my point was more so that stuff isn't as cheap as some people think/ make it out to be ;)

Sort of current FTS

15698490552_9009641dfd_c.jpg

My children are always together :wub:

15694987101_0235204744_c.jpg

I made some frags today for the Secret Santa, five frags of different stuff got made today and they'll grow out until they get shipped out to the winner :) I thought this was funny because I was putting in food haha

15077552453_376a3c3640_c.jpg

This guy is going back to strictly next saturday

15511016899_bd9079a058_c.jpg

I have been looking for one of these(this size) FOREVER strictly had one and I picked it up! He's about the size of a .50, not shy at all...in fact this is the only db yellow eye I've ever had

15698494112_6f8642632c_c.jpg

Really tiny and really thin, I'll fatten him up soon

15673179976_429aac0df7_c.jpg

Remember the skinny ich infested sixline I got a month ago? Not so skinny anymore.... Super fast though so excuse the horrible pictures

15511702057_a49cab46aa_c.jpg

15694982291_43fe52bd44_c.jpg

They get fed once a day plus all the pods this guy can eat :)

Tank pictures....

Tank looks good, nice new tang too! :) When you getting the deep blue??

They get fed once a day plus all the pods this guy can eat :)

And you wonder why they don't work LOL

Yeah I know, my point was more so that stuff isn't as cheap as some people think/ make it out to be ;)

Yeah just cause someone gets a crazy zoa colony at X amount doesnt mean they didnt buy 12 more at the same price that we useless.

So, I went to the fish store today and they have a 110 and I'm awful tempted.... the only issue is that its a skinny tank and would be pretty hard to aquascape/I cant reach the bottom of the tank/ Id need a dehumidifier for the room..... but for 799.99 for the tank stand and canopy it doesn't feel like too hard a blow

do you freak out on closed zoas? i used to freak out all the time with mine

Depends....

1) If they're usually open(like most in the pictures) = I don't really care

2) If they are closed but are otherwise healthy = I leave them be(this is how the best morphs happen)

3) They are closed shut and started to shrink = move to lower light/ flow/ water change

4) Closed with algae around the mouth = brush off algae, dip in RO(then 50/50 peroxide, then coral rx, then bug off if things get progressively worse)

5) they're closed and basically the polyp is falling off = dip it, why not

6) the zoa is over $200 = I start freaking out and calling people that know more than me/ give it to someone dosing Vitamin C

Most zoas will at some point do this the idea is to just keep your water good and they'll be fine. Most zoa deaths that I've had were because of the stupid worms I had in my tank(the six line is so fat because he eats em) or because I get lazy on my water changes. HOWEVER alk spikes are a major problem and sometimes polyps like radioactive dragon eyes do this weird thing for me yearly where almost all of them melt except like 10 of em for no reason what so ever. I imagine its because a strain of something kills em off... survival of the fittest type of thing...but idk yet I just stopped keeping them.

Yeah just cause someone gets a crazy zoa colony at X amount doesnt mean they didnt buy 12 more at the same price that we useless.

Exactly! Hell I have a rock of whammin watermelons and radio active dragon eyes that ended up costing me about $75/pp because of all the dying/ diseased bs one wholesaler sent me.... still waiting for my QT's to be safe and recycle after cleaning up that mess :(

So, I went to the fish store today and they have a 110 and I'm awful tempted.... the only issue is that its a skinny tank and would be pretty hard to aquascape/I cant reach the bottom of the tank/ Id need a dehumidifier for the room..... but for 799.99 for the tank stand and canopy it doesn't feel like too hard a blow

Thats not a bad deal... but skinny tanks that are hard to scape suck....

Exactly! Hell I have a rock of whammin watermelons and radio active dragon eyes that ended up costing me about $75/pp because of all the dying/ diseased bs one wholesaler sent me.... still waiting for my QT's to be safe and recycle after cleaning up that mess :(

Thats not a bad deal... but skinny tanks that are hard to scape suck....

Especially with those people send em with all types of crap on them....

I just dont want to end up with a tank half full of rock and the other half completely open... or being forced to do a rock wall.... If they can work out a 125 I'd be crazy about it. The 110 is cool because since I can barely reach in there without a ladder I know I wouldnt be cutting much lmao

Especially with those people send em with all types of crap on them....

Yup, I'd rather pay a little more for better quality and know what I am getting then go blind and hope for the best.... especially after that. Hopefully my dedication and desire for healthy quality pieces over being cheap will be worth it in the long run.

I just dont want to end up with a tank half full of rock and the other half completely open... or being forced to do a rock wall.... If they can work out a 125 I'd be crazy about it. The 110 is cool because since I can barely reach in there without a ladder I know I wouldnt be cutting much lmao

A 125 would be pretty cool, I still prefer something deeper front to back.... I know I need a step stool for the new tank, but the plan is to use that to grow out stuff anyways :)

That Disney World Tenuis is crazy looking.

It just seems crazy that when a vendor,such as WWC,they can take a plain Jane zoa or chalice put a crazy name on it,and it'll go from $20-$30 to $100-$150.

It makes me respect the people who may pay higher prices for a piece but know they can double their income by selling things for cheaper and making money faster. Just my .02.

Archived