SaltCritters.com

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bali clowns!?! That would be awesome. I got a pair of Wyoming whites today and I'm setting up a 10 gallon for them this weekend. They were on clearance at Petco. 29.99 I couldn't pass it up.

I know, thats how you can tell the color is legit right? :)

Super! Not over saturated at all lol

Bali clowns!?! That would be awesome. I got a pair of Wyoming whites today and I'm setting up a 10 gallon for them this weekend. They were on clearance at Petco. 29.99 I couldn't pass it up.

Yeah, not something crazy special but these guys look super cute and theyve been in the holding tank for like ever, I might as well get them a nice tank to live in.

THATS CRAZYYY I was seeing posts about that on FB but I thought it was just one store. Its funny to think that four or five years ago those fish were like $2000 a piece. You got pictures???

Super! Not over saturated at all lol

Yeah, not something crazy special but these guys look super cute and theyve been in the holding tank for like ever, I might as well get them a nice tank to live in.

THATS CRAZYYY I was seeing posts about that on FB but I thought it was just one store. Its funny to think that four or five years ago those fish were like $2000 a piece. You got pictures???

The guy said something about them being discontinued lol. I do have pics but I'm on my phone and idk how to post lol. They're gorgeous though. Too bad my midnights didn't want to play. The WW wanted to share the hammer coral but my already bonded pair of midnights wasn't having it so they're in a holding basket atm. I'll post the pics tomorrow. My larger one has the black spot behind the find and a slight blue cast to her body around the gills. They really are much prettier than the Maine blizzards and the platinums. I'm hoping they lay eggs I'd like to see it. The male has been shaking his little butt at the big one all evening.

I know, thats how you can tell the color is legit right? :)

Isn't it just about show time (it's been a couple of weeks since you said you were revealing your :ninja: in a couple of weeks, no?)? When's the sponsorship and site (assuming you will have a site since you don't like ebay) happening? The busy season is upon us :). Start pumpin' 'em out!!

The guy said something about them being discontinued lol. I do have pics but I'm on my phone and idk how to post lol. They're gorgeous though. Too bad my midnights didn't want to play. The WW wanted to share the hammer coral but my already bonded pair of midnights wasn't having it so they're in a holding basket atm. I'll post the pics tomorrow. My larger one has the black spot behind the find and a slight blue cast to her body around the gills. They really are much prettier than the Maine blizzards and the platinums. I'm hoping they lay eggs I'd like to see it. The male has been shaking his little butt at the big one all evening.

It's crazy how much the prices have dropped on designer clowns. A friend of mine just bought a pair of Wyoming White's (I think that's what they're called) for $50.

You going to be at Coral Con this year? I'm still working things out but I'm hoping to go.

Theres a 90% chance that i'll be there :) If I am Ill be with Aly at reef chicks :) theres a nano reef special ;)

I would catch the midnights and let these guys explore the tank. How big is your tank? The issue is that clowns at the end of the day are still damsels and my my my are they aggressive lol. On the discontinued thing, they probably stopped carrying it cause no one bought. Lets be honest, advanced aquarists dont exactly go to petco for designer anything lol

Theres a 90% chance that i'll be there :) If I am Ill be with Aly at reef chicks :) theres a nano reef special ;)

I would catch the midnights and let these guys explore the tank. How big is your tank? The issue is that clowns at the end of the day are still damsels and my my my are they aggressive lol. On the discontinued thing, they probably stopped carrying it cause no one bought. Lets be honest, advanced aquarists dont exactly go to petco for designer anything lol

ooo nice. What's the special? And how do I get it?

ooo nice. What's the special? And how do I get it?

Drop by the booth while you're there, anyone from NR gets anything from a discount to a freebie from me(depending on what it is, I plan on having $10-$150 frags). Obviously it has to be from my section of stuff but believe me, I'm bringing some crazzzyyyy stuff and Aly is taking some stuff that even a cheap butt like me would pay for

TASTY

NO YOU DID NOT JUST GO THERE

Drop by the booth while you're there, anyone from NR gets anything from a discount to a freebie from me(depending on what it is, I plan on having $10-$150 frags). Obviously it has to be from my section of stuff but believe me, I'm bringing some crazzzyyyy stuff and Aly is taking some stuff that even a cheap butt like me would pay for

Sweet I'll be there. It'll be my wife and I, we are both heavily tattooed and I have a big ginger beard. :D My name is Ian, I'll stop on in and pick some stuff up from you! I'm into SPS and nice Acans! :D

It has taken me quite awhile, but I FINALLY got a good reaction out of you!

For the record, I do not eat or endorse the eating of cuttle fish...unless they are indeed tasty.

The tank is 41 gallons. I'm going to set up a 10 gallon for them and my rock anemones. I'll get them a frogspawn or a torch to host and then it will just be rock anemones. I have 4 and they just keep moving around my tank too much and the only place one of them seems to be happy is next to my wellsophyllia which is a no go. I really love the maiden voyage tank in the members aquariums and I'll probably use that as some sort of inspiration. I'm just going to get some spray paint to paint the rim so its not black (probably going to go cream) and then I'll use black sand and some dead rock from my LFS and then I'll be good to go. My husband has been asking for a tank in the bedroom anyway and we already have the 10 gallon and a filter set up. I just don't want to use my MH pendant. I'm going to look at the par38 LEDs for it.

It has taken me quite awhile, but I FINALLY got a good reaction out of you!

For the record, I do not eat or endorse the eating of cuttle fish...unless they are indeed tasty.

That was horrible lol, I think they taste like regular squid. I'm sure someone eats them lol heck theres people that eat tangs so it wouldnt be a far cry to eat one of these.

The tank is 41 gallons. I'm going to set up a 10 gallon for them and my rock anemones. I'll get them a frogspawn or a torch to host and then it will just be rock anemones. I have 4 and they just keep moving around my tank too much and the only place one of them seems to be happy is next to my wellsophyllia which is a no go. I really love the maiden voyage tank in the members aquariums and I'll probably use that as some sort of inspiration. I'm just going to get some spray paint to paint the rim so its not black (probably going to go cream) and then I'll use black sand and some dead rock from my LFS and then I'll be good to go. My husband has been asking for a tank in the bedroom anyway and we already have the 10 gallon and a filter set up. I just don't want to use my MH pendant. I'm going to look at the par38 LEDs for it. 10525858_10101150577201340_6643673791062

10726781_550892191708179_1699011734_n.jp

I'd avoid the metal halide, especially for something that small + in your room...unless you like sweating lolI an I think that tank would look totally freaking awesome, just gotta make sure everyone gets fed

THEYRE SO CUTE

The pair I picked up today, I want some hybrid babiessssssss.

1 x Bali Aquarich Picasso

1 x Pro Aquatics Flurry

100% awesome

They cant stand each other but they only locked jaws 3-4 times in the holding tanks and the Flurry backed down. Right now they're looking pretty fine and not really fighting. They took food the second I threw some in the tank(they're kinda skinny cause they've been held for about three weeks). They're hanging out together and soon they should become a little bit more used to each other. In about a month I'll throw a bubble tip in there, if I do it now the more dominant one will conquer the bubble tip and all out war will breakout.

15543976511_fac6593692_c.jpg

This is a really crap picture, once they pick a spot to hangout in I'll get better ones. They're busy exploring because they had less than 10 gallon holding tank to hangout in. I say six months and I'll have a super black pigmentation on the picasso.

So cute. I love the clowns. I can't wait to have mine in their tank. I ordered a par38 bulb and clip on fixture for the 10 gallon btw. I have a Kessil on the 41 gallon and I love LEDs. So efficient and cool. So ready for this weekend to set it up lol.

So cute. I love the clowns. I can't wait to have mine in their tank. I ordered a par38 bulb and clip on fixture for the 10 gallon btw. I have a Kessil on the 41 gallon and I love LEDs. So efficient and cool. So ready for this weekend to set it up lol.

IMO LEDs are the way to go especially the controllable type. You can get so many colors and intensities over the coral and actually acclimate them to your system rather than using the odl egg crate method or whatever one had to come up with.

Cant wait to see pictures on that!

The clowns now

14933484693_6250f207f5_c.jpg

This is by far the oddest three some ever lol the chromis is schooling with the clowns.... Need to get him some buddies before he completely believes that he too is a clown lol...

15367034679_e56d8f132b_c.jpg

btw he is with them allllll day lol without fail

10685577_10101154659205970_1712064820718

Tank is painted and will get full of sand water and rock today. Also, my lone chromis schools with my clowns in my 41 gallon. They won't quite let her near their hammer coral, so she sleeps in my green acro colony at night which is right next to it. I actually find most of my fish tend to stay close together with the exception of my yellow watchman goby. She has her pistol shrimp though so I guess she doesn't get too lonely.

Those clowns are pretty sweet, what is the little white guy again??

He is a Pro Aquatics Flurry :)

10685577_10101154659205970_1712064820718

Tank is painted and will get full of sand water and rock today. Also, my lone chromis schools with my clowns in my 41 gallon. They won't quite let her near their hammer coral, so she sleeps in my green acro colony at night which is right next to it. I actually find most of my fish tend to stay close together with the exception of my yellow watchman goby. She has her pistol shrimp though so I guess she doesn't get too lonely.

I think its funny but it also makes me feel bad for him, when I upgrade I'll probably get three or four so hes not alone all the time. Pistol shrimp is something I'll never everrrrrrrr get again lol. I have one somewhere in the tank and he only clicks at night >.>

He is a Pro Aquatics Flurry :)

Cute little bugger, I don't normally like the "designer" clowns.... I swear ya'll are trying to make me change all my ways LOL I used to only like sticks, I used to only like normal clowns, I used to only take crap blurred pics..:)

Cute little bugger, I don't normally like the "designer" clowns.... I swear ya'll are trying to make me change all my ways LOL I used to only like sticks, I used to only like normal clowns, I used to only take crap blurred pics.. :)

Bringing you to the dark side of designers :naughtydance:B)

Small Photo updates :)

Saw a UFO walking home from my lady friend's house....its probably a plane but I didn't pay attention at the time just wanted a picture of why I don't walk home lol I'm amazed someone didn't try to murder me

14958231144_3c4ed33ea9_c.jpg

Acro updates from the store, this is pure white halides. Yes the colonies are a little bleached but you'd be mad if you just got out of a bag from australia

15392348049_210e05f0c3_c.jpg

15579809522_74937d9630_c.jpg

Latin Lover cooperating

15392831988_9970ceb22d_c.jpg

Could not get a good picture of these for the life of me but you get the idea

15392830138_4b6ce01241_c.jpg

#growing

15392829348_29377d1de2_c.jpg

New

14958224234_d857c12623_c.jpg

When these guys open up....

15392337209_9cd612a50b_c.jpg

This one is pretty cool too

15578938195_802dbcd621_c.jpg

Queen Krak not cooperating

15555255516_f03275178e_c.jpg

Still really like these

15555253956_06a622791c_c.jpg

These are making a come back

15392332779_c62f22bf85_c.jpg

In single town such as myself

15579795102_23cb7b853a_c.jpg

These guys look pretty cool

15555252616_3732de60ed_c.jpg

Similar to a Tarantula but not quite

15579800312_08f7a57df4_c.jpg

Another pretty cool one :)

15576293231_c077013396_c.jpg

CAN YOU FEEEEEEEEEL THE LOOOOOOVE TONIGHT :wub: <3

(as most every thing one wants to get pictures of the clowns have decided to make THEE most awkward spot in the tank their home )

15392938437_6a3800414d_c.jpg

15392936767_76c1634d4e_c.jpg

14958786733_82a7384623_c.jpg

By the way I just wanted to point out that this is the easiest pairing I have EVER made. They locked jaws 2-3 times in the holding tank when placed together and then they set their hierarchy VERY quickly. They are now together all the time with no fights at all in my tank. The picasso is clearly the more dominant fish but doesn't bully the other one into submission. They just go along very well. The baby picasso I used to have I tried to pair with 5-6 other picassos and it always ended up with him being picked on and still being really aggressive so when I got these guys I assumed that since they're different types of clowns I should be prepared for giant battles(even had the breeding net next to the tank for a while). I am super happy to say that these two go together like PB & J and if they spawn I'll get the babies reared by one of my local clown guys for good measure. Its like their bonding was a freaking miracle lol

#growing

15392829348_29377d1de2_c.jpg

Those are gorgeous. Fruit Loops? Love them!

Just had to put out a WTB on my local reef page for them, gonna be getting a 3p frag for $20 on Friday. :)

Archived