inTank Media Baskets

ReefBuilders LED Showdown : Round 2

DaveFason

I have a bad feeling that they're going to say that the vote was rigged. I won't pass judgement until they address why the poll is closed, but I don't like it.

Second Edit: They took the poll offline and then as soon as it came back online, Ecotech took the lead! That's sketchy.

Boom. Called it.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boom. Called it.

Not necessarily defending RB, but I'd when 3 people voted 250 times it was rigged. It's hard to argue once they post the numbers.

Not necessarily defending RB, but I'd when 3 people voted 250 times it was rigged. It's hard to argue once they post the numbers.

Also easy enough to alter those totals. We will never know. They should have let it go through.

My IP was listed and it seemed about right.

I just wish they could have stopped them on the front end, would have saved me some time ;)

The new post is up, but there is no place to vote it seems?

I think that is from last year. interestingly enough it looks like they had the same problem last year.

I get the feeling they wouldn't have even looked at the IPs if the Radion had won to begin with.

You may be right.

I think that is from last year. interestingly enough it looks like they had the same problem last year.

Ah yeah, it is. Derp. I saw the 24th and thought it was for today. I'm dumb. You are correct, though. Apparently, last year companies were being sketchy, too.

This isn't a fair competition at all since the beginning. This is a poll that shows how each product's users like and loyal to the company. Not about how good the product is or how the product perform. (Even though I think Nanobox is better than Radion in many specs) By limiting ammount of voting of each person is simply letting the bigger company win because they have bigger customer base. We vote multiple times to show how we love Nanobox, how we support Nanonox and how passionate we like to support Nanobox. That's what the poll all about. If, they don't let us vote mutiple times, there would have no way to win a much bigger company like EcoTech, might as well announce Radion the winner from beginning.

On the other side of the coin, the Ecotech fans could have done the same thing. Nanobox is miniscule in comparison to Ecotech Marine (for now), and even by RB's numbers it was a tight race. That, IMO, is win for Dave and nanobox in itself. If I'm not mistaken, nanobox really just got going ~6 months ago. The Ecotech Radion has been touted by many as being the benchmark of LED fixtures that sets the standard for all of the rest for a few years now. That stated, for nanobox to even be in the game is extremely impressive as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't a fair competition at all since the beginning. This is a poll that shows how each product's users like and loyal to the company. Not about how good the product is or how the product perform. (Even though I think Nanobox is better than Radion in many specs) By limiting ammount of voting of each person is simply letting the bigger company win because they have bigger customer base. We vote multiple times to show how we love Nanobox, how we support Nanonox and how passionate we like to support Nanobox. If, they don't let us vote mutiple times, there would have no way to win a much bigger company like EcoTech, might as well announce Radion the winner from beginning.

winner winner chicken dinner.

This isn't a fair competition at all since the beginning. This is a poll that shows how each product's users like and loyal to the company. Not about how good the product is or how the product perform. (Even though I think Nanobox is better than Radion in many specs) By limiting ammount of voting of each person is simply letting the bigger company win because they have bigger customer base. We vote multiple times to show how we love Nanobox, how we support Nanonox and how passionate we like to support Nanobox. If, they don't let us vote mutiple times, there would have no way to win a much bigger company like EcoTech, might as well announce Radion the winner from beginning.

Agreed. It's just a popularity contest and has nothing to do with which light is better.

I have to say, regardless of how this turned out, I dislike the fact that they put the NanoBox Tide model against the Radion Pro... Two different markets and goals for tanks. Their excuse "As the criteria for this is simply which light interests you or excites you the most, wattage should not be a factor. A really cool nano light should stand as much of a chance at others." is total BS. That goes to show it's not about how great the light is, or it's market, etc. It's all about popularity and recognition. If it was about the function and utility of the light, the NB Tide would have gone against a different light. Why not the Duo vs the Radion Pro?

It won't change the outcome, and ultimately it doesn't matter, but it still stinks that they put the Tide against the Radion Pro as they are two different class of light.

The only annoying thing about this is that a number of you cheated and aren't willing to take responsibility. We could have won the poll without people voting numerous times fraudulently.

The only annoying thing about this is that a number of you cheated and aren't willing to take responsibility. We could have won the poll without people voting numerous times fraudulently.

sarcastic?

Because they deleted all the duplicate votes, and NanoBox still lost.

BattleAthletics

Man if only I knew about the Tor Browser before I voted. I could have lit that shite up.

Lrn 2 intrnt

Yeah, bro. We.

This is not a fair game to set out to be at first place. They definitely know the bigger the company has the better chance to win for sure. Simply limit the amount of vote to each person is just increasing the probability for bigger company to win. Should I call it cheating as well?! I just feel I have wasted my time signed in to all my 4 computers at home and voted. They should have stated on the poll page saying each person is only allowed to vote once but they didn't. Then I wouldn't even vote at all, because Radion will win anyway. All I'm saying is that RB shouldn't limit the amount of vote because this poll is about fans not who is the bigger company.

WTF? If they allowed us to vote more than once, then what did we do wrong? They are too lazy to put in simple checks to prevent someone refreshing the page 50 times and voting 50 times, so they are calling foul? BS.

Archived