Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ReefBuilders LED Showdown : Round 2

DaveFason

I have a feeling reefbuilders won't let nanobox win.

They will want the big companies to win.

Just a feeling....

You could be right. Although, the editor of Reef Builders is a big NanoBox fan. He put them on the Top 10 Products of 2013 list! I think Dave impressed him at a show last year or something like that.

I'll be at ReefStock this year in Denver on 1 March and I'm looking forward to seeing the NanoBox in person for the first time.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully RB wouldn't change the voting outcome. I mean, NanoBox was one of their editor's choice items for 2013

I have a feeling reefbuilders won't let nanobox win.

They will want the big companies to win.

Just a feeling....

I know they have featured NanoBox a few times, but they get a lot more publicity if a company like Ecotech wins.

Hope my feeling is wrong.

I think that it would be much more media savvy for them to give it to NanoBox. B/c people who don't know about NanoBox will be like "Oh I want to see what the deal is with the company that beat EcoTech."

NanoBox sales go up, company expands, Dave gives free Duos to everyone who voted :P

You could be right. Although, the editor of Reef Builders is a big NanoBox fan. He put them on the Top 10 Products of 2013 list! I think Dave impressed him at a show last year or something like that.

I'll be at ReefStock this year in Denver on 1 March and I'm looking forward to seeing the NanoBox in person for the first time.

Haha, you beat me to it!

Speaking of shows - Dave, do you do any events here in the NC area? I don't even know if there are any?

So, uh, the poll is closed now for some reason, its the only one on the page that says that - and Ecotech is in second place!

it's a conspiracy I tell ya!! It really is kinda weird though...

jedimasterben

maybe they closed it when they realized people can vote as many times as they want. I voted like 10 times today on one computer. Not sure if my vote counted though.

Only votes from different IP addresses count.

Only votes from different IP addresses count.

If that's the case I bet they shut it down to throw out the multiple votes.

If so, we might be seeing a swing back to 60/40 EcoTech or something.

Just wondering, why did they put the Tide up against the Radion? The tide is more comparable to the Maxspect Razor 60W. I would have put the Duo up against the Radion.

Oh shit 50/50.

I have a bad feeling that they're going to say that the vote was rigged. I won't pass judgement until they address why the poll is closed, but I don't like it.

Edit: P.s. I did vote for your product, Dave. I'm definitely a DIYer at heart, but I've been recommending Nano-box for anyone who isn't as DIY savvy. Even though I'm a DIYer I still contemptate a 30c ADA or a PicO with a tide from time to time purely due to how aesthetically pleasing your little lights are. Plus, it's surprisingly hard to make a DIY job look exquisite over a >10 gallon tank. Go nanobox!

Second Edit: They took the poll offline and then as soon as it came back online, Ecotech took the lead! That's sketchy.

I've voted twice already once with my laptop and once with my phone. Those with smart phones who haven't done so use your phone to vote once too.

Archived