Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ReefBuilders LED Showdown : Round 2

DaveFason

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, we have already counted your vote.

Ecotech Radion/Pro 49.56%

NanoBox Reef Flare/Tide 50.44%

They may have just been fixing an IP issue. Now I will remote in and vote from home. :)

Thank you for voting!

Ecotech Radion/Pro 49.21%

NanoBox Reef Flare/Tide 50.79%

New Private window allows re-vote.

Thank you for voting!

Ecotech Radion/Pro 49.17%

NanoBox Reef Flare/Tide 50.83%

So apparently they are doing a cookie check instead of an IP check. Pretty amateur not to do both.

I'm sure they're identifying the router ip not the computer itself so if all of them are connected to the same router it still counts as one vote. Use your 4G people!

Edit: nvm I read markalot's post.

Thanks for all the support. To keep it fair please do not abuse the system.

However I had no clue that all of you guys are such supporters! Such a good feeling.

Honestly, it's for the best for ecotech that ecotech loses this as well. Maybe, just maybe if they lose this, they'll do what a ton of people have been calling for and use some non-cool white LEDs in their fixtures.

Go NanoBox!

jedimasterben

My thread on R2R is getting a good amount of views so I'm thinking that's what's pulling the vote.

I also may have called in some people... :ninja:

if dave wins over ecotech, it's a win-win.. nanobox makes a great product so it'll be great for him, and because radions have been thought of for far to long as the end-all-be-all of lighting, overshadowing anything new.. its' not that the radion is a bad product (besides the price and the cool whites, and a couple other non-useful colors - but they do make nice colorful tanks/corals) and I don't think people should vote against ecotech just because it's ecotech, they should vote for dave because he makes a better product.. but there is far too much fan-boi attitude around the radion, people get all butt-hurt when you say one bad thing about them.

However I had no clue that all of you guys are such supporters! Such a good feeling.

I know nothing of the light, other than looking at the web page and seeing results from other users. It's your old tank I liked. :)

We would never do that!!

I voted not only because I ordered a light, but because I prefer supporting the little guys in this hobby that make affordable lights possible.

Well.. affordable for what you get of course :3

Honestly, it's for the best for ecotech that ecotech loses this as well. Maybe, just maybe if they lose this, they'll do what a ton of people have been calling for and use some non-cool white LEDs in their fixtures.

Go NanoBox!

Exactly. Why pay so much for a fixture that is a pain to program and uses LEDs you don't need. They do it to say they use x amount of different colors to compete with the other popular fixtures. If they used the proper LEDs they'd have half the colors and lose the marketing gimmick.

Archived