SaltCritters.com

ReefBuilders LED Showdown : Round 2

DaveFason

They should have made it one of those 1-2 week contests or whatever where you can vote once a day. Then the biggest fans will come back loyal every day where someone else might vote once and then forget about it. I guess thats way too drawn out for this.. but still.. those kind of contests I guess better show who's the bigger fan since thats all this is about :)

Here at nano reef we may not be the biggest fish in the tank, but we sure are a feisty bunch!! it's cool to see so many come to your defense, Dave! Keep up the good work, you're obviously doing something right over there :).

+100! I love nano-reef tight nit community. A nano-reef riot was about to break out lol

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the comment "did you guys really think nanobox was going to win?" says it all. Super lame.

But what can you do. It was an unfair match up to begin with. I still will be getting a Nanobox. I really think the radions are over hyped and I hoped this show down would prove that. But again, it was clear who they wanted to win.

Ce la vie

Are you the 29 votes form North of the border? :P

Nope, not me.

I voted twice, once from home and once from my iPhone. This is okay since I have two personalities.

I will say though, displaying IP address for the public to see is not right and may warrant legal action IMO. Breach of privacy and security. Just saying.

The only annoying thing about this is that a number of you cheated and aren't willing to take responsibility. We could have won the poll without people voting numerous times fraudulently.

Hey I voted 71 times so don't try to give anyone else the credit!

This is not a fair game to set out to be at first place. They definitely know the bigger the company has the better chance to win for sure. Simply limit the amount of vote to each person is just increasing the probability for bigger company to win. Should I call it cheating as well?! I just feel I have wasted my time signed in to all my 4 computers at home and voted. They should have stated on the poll page saying each person is only allowed to vote once but they didn't. Then I wouldn't even vote at all, because Radion will win anyway. All I'm saying is that RB shouldn't limit the amount of vote because this poll is about fans not who is the bigger company.

Look, I'm not going to get into an argument over this, it's just a silly poll. It's not like there are any stakes, it's just a popularity contest for all of the companies, but most of all it just gives reefbuilder clicks.

That being said, not all companies are the same size and they can't just create a poll for similarly sized companies. Ecotech is a major competitor of Dave's in the real world so it is a suitable competitor for him in the poll as well.

But since some of you guys voted hundreds of times each, you got their attention and they altered the results, so now we'll never know whether Dave would have won or not.

Look, I'm not going to get into an argument over this, it's just a silly poll. It's not like there are any stakes, it's just a popularity contest for all of the companies, but most of all it just gives reefbuilder clicks.

That being said, not all companies are the same size and they can't just create a poll for similarly sized companies. Ecotech is a major competitor of Dave's in the real world so it is a suitable competitor for him in the poll as well.

But since some of you guys voted hundreds of times each, you got their attention and they altered the results, so now we'll never know whether Dave would have won or not.

I agree with what you said mostly, I even thought putting Nanobox against EcoTech is great because whoever voted for Radion will know that there is another small company called Nanobox that's up there against Radion. If that's RB's intention, we should thank them.

I'm just saying if this poll is set out to be about popularity of a product, they should just leave the poll fully open, not limiting one vote per person. It's just a suggestion, not against what RB has done for removing our votes. They did it to protect other companies which is understandable but they should have stated the rule on the poll page clearly. I honestly don't know we werent allowed to vote more than once, I voted total 5 times on different computers just wanted to show support to Nanobox. That's my original thought, cheating was not my intention. I believe same goes to a lot of people here.

I think the comment "did you guys really think nanobox was going to win?" says it all. Super lame.

Yeah. That really struck a sour note with me.

To me these are two very different products. Sure, they both produce light but that is where the similarity ends. With Nano Reef Box I have the ear of the owner / builder of my light. I can specify something custom for me in a finish I desire that will in most likelihood not be reproduced for anyone else. Cannot do that with the other product.

I am so ambivalent towards ecotech. It's an intense love/hate relationship, lol.

I just imagined a bunch of deranged looking people holding MP10's crawling out of a cave.

:D

LOL... Um no thanks! :D

Ecotech has been very good to me. Sent me a free ecosmart controller to try out. They have me as a customer for life for their powerheads. But that doesn't mean I will not try a WP10, I totally will.

So we had a speaker from Reef Builders at our local club meeting tonight. He was talking about lights and different LED's vs MH, ect.

I asked him what he thought about my idea of putting a t5 + led hybrid from nano-box on my 45g cube.

"That's probably the best light you could get"

jedimasterben

So we had a speaker from Reef Builders at our local club meeting tonight. He was talking about lights and different LED's vs MH, ect.

I asked him what he thought about my idea of putting a t5 + led hybrid from nano-box on my 45g cube.

"That's probably the best light you could get"

Who was it?

Archived