inTank Media Baskets

ReefBuilders LED Showdown : Round 2

DaveFason

The only annoying thing about this is that a number of you cheated and aren't willing to take responsibility. We could have won the poll without people voting numerous times fraudulently.
GTFO
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They matched it up so AI and Ecotech would be in the finals. Should just skip to the finals now

Rally the troops and get folks to vote for AI over Ecotech. Rules don't state you have to own one to vote.

Rally the troops and get folks to vote for AI over Ecotech. Rules don't state you have to own one to vote.

No doubt!!! Its like having a Porsche in a smart car race. It will always win.

I didn't vote for nanobox to vote down ecotech, I voted for nanobox because I believe he makes a superior product. I think ecotech is a good company and makes quality products (I do think diode selection is a bit misguided, and fanboys are a little annoying).. in the end, the percentage that nanobox had against ecotech is a win in itself.

speaking of fanboys, someone over at r2r today basically said that the radion is the only led out that is advanced enough to be used over coral... lol.. just shows you how much crap info has been spread around, and I think a lot of it comes from all of the horrible misinformation over at RC..

I didn't vote for nanobox to vote down ecotech, I voted for nanobox because I believe he makes a superior product. I think ecotech is a good company and makes quality products (I do think diode selection is a bit misguided, and fanboys are a little annoying).. in the end, the percentage that nanobox had against ecotech is a win in itself.

speaking of fanboys, someone over at r2r today basically said that the radion is the only led out that is advanced enough to be used over coral... lol.. just shows you how much crap info has been spread around, and I think a lot of it comes from all of the horrible misinformation over at RC..

Guess I should have put just kidding. Assumed it would not be taken seriously.

Can't vote. Now I will have to pick up the pieces

Edit: Looks like nobody can vote. Probably a pretty safe bet though, since I was #3 on the list of IP's stuffing the ballot box

how do you know?

I voted yesterday, and it shows the poll results for me. I didn't stuff the ballots. Maybe those who commented on the last one got banned?

I was commenting and I voted yesterday no problem..

I didn't do any ballot stuffing though (just once from each device)..

Well it looks like we were bad boys and girls (me included).

Reef-Builders talks about ballot stuffing in the next round. Funny how I don't remember reading anything about voting limitations. But now that the Radion will be the clear winner, now it's being discussed.

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/01/27/led-showdown-3-drama-knocking/

Is it really a surprise? You were only allowed a single vote from each IP address per day. Ballot stuffing is always disallowed unless you're allowed multiple votes per IP address.

Is it really a surprise? You were only allowed a single vote from each IP address per day. Ballot stuffing is always disallowed unless you're allowed multiple votes per IP address.

Oh, guess we should have known that. Remind me again which governing body sets the rules for informal web polling? :P

per day?

I assume so, it let me vote on the 2nd day on the same IP address :shrug:

and you guys are retarded, yes you should have known that generating fake IP addresses to pad the votes wasn't allowed. Just like every other poll on earth.

Ecotech marine.

Agreed!! He who pays the most money in sponsorship!! Reefbuilders would have rigged this anyway for fear of losing their deep pockets in case they were mad over it. They want to be known as the best. Its the same way with Nascar sponsors. Whatever the sponsor wants, the sponsor gets. The more I think about it, if Dave had 5,000 legitimate votes and Ecotach had 50, Ecotech would have still won. Period!!

I assume so, it let me vote on the 2nd day on the same IP address :shrug:

and you guys are retarded, yes you should have known that generating fake IP addresses to pad the votes wasn't allowed. Just like every other poll on earth.

:lol:

You did that eh.

Nobody created fake IPs actually. They just voted multiple times. Like you.

Archived