Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arce's Tank

Arce

Sooooo on saturday i may have gone and bought some SPS. I wanted to buy online, but i know of a LFS that dumps maricultured pieces for like 40 or less so i wanted to see what they have. Got two decent sized millies, one looks to be the blue/purple as i wanted and the second was a discount piece because its a bit brown but has strong PE and showing through some green color at the tips. Was worth it for the size and health. I got my old pink milli from them as well as my blue stag, they are always a bit pale in their system but turn around great. Still planning to do a online order but waiting till some of the stuff i want is in stock.

• Like 6

Tank turns 1 in 5 days, technically, but have nothing to show for it. SPS are still all healing but everything is at least moving in the right direction.

• Like 1

Tank turns 1 in 5 days, technically, but have nothing to show for it. SPS are still all healing but everything is at least moving in the right direction.

The right direction is great. How is the tank doing in general compared to before?

Pics of the new stuff?

• Like 1

The right direction is great. How is the tank doing in general compared to before?

Pics of the new stuff?

Everything is running smooth. SPS are showing signs of improvement, showing PE and some getting some color back. No more necrosis. Clam actually looks happier now, not sure if its related but it opens nice and wide with a full mantle now. Ill get pics of the new stuff eventually, its nothing worth showing right now. Depressed coming home to brown still, i need things to get color back. Only SPS in the tank that is doing amazing is the kat, its starting to branch off and color/pe is great.

• Like 3

Whelp I'm an idiot. I never realized red sea's 2 part reef energy has to be refrigerated. I've had it open for... 2 weeks? Think its safe to use or toss them.

Does it say it must be or recommended? I never noticed my MicroBacter7 needed refridgerated until recently. It recommends it to extend the life. I have used 1 or 2 full bottles that sat in my tank cabinet already.

If it says it must be I would toss it.

• Like 1

Does it say it must be or recommended? I never noticed my MicroBacter7 needed refridgerated until recently. It recommends it to extended the life.

If it says it must be I would toss it.

Hm idr seeing recommended.. have to check when i go home, but the description on BRS says "refrigerate after opening"

Excellent. :ninja:

Going to have to sweep this one under the carpet, fiance is guna kill me if she knew i dropped this dough on something other than our future house or wedding. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 4

I dont know if my mandain will make it the next couple days. Was about to do a water change and saw him stiff and slowly being pullled into the suction of the mp10. Luckily i quickly grabbed him since my hand was near the tank. He twitched around a couple times so i shut the pumps off and held him thinking he was seconds away. Looked like he recovered so i let him go to see what would happen. Right now hes swimming around but appears sluggish. Ive had this guy for almost 2 years now, maybe a year and 9-10 months? Sad.

Mandarin is alive as of this morning. Not sure what the hell happened last night but i lowered my MP10 a couple notches hoping he doesn't get sucked in, id hate for him to go that way...

• Like 2

Going to have to sweep this one under the carpet, fiance is guna kill me if she knew i dropped this dough on something other than our future house or wedding. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:ninja: It's easy to make up the numbers by saving somewhere else. Like 1 beer instead of 2 when you go out. I have always maintained a spreadsheet but when I feel I have gone overboard I make an effort to either sell frags or cut back on some other excess. I'm familiar with couples cutting back to save for the wedding from watching my friends. It's crazy how much it adds up when you think about it. She doesn't get her manicures. you cut down on beer. Take lunch from home instead of eating out while at work.

One big expense is cell phone bills. Unlimited data is pointless if you are connected to wi-fi for a good part of your day. The data gets used up by streaming youtube and such. If you don't have wi-fi at work, chances are you aren't streaming youtube anyway while at work. Look into lower cell phone plans.

I successfully switched to ProjectFi over 3-4 months ago. Have a 1 GB plan. I've travelled often, and also non stop for 2 weeks on it and never went above my plan rate. And then even if you do go above - they don't charge you a flat fee for going over your usage like the carriers do - it's the same price you pay per 100mb on the plan that you pay if you go over the plan. My brother is also now on Project Fi and he has 2 additional data cards for his children. So the whole family is saving. We did not make the switch without first checking our data usage - individually and as a family. So we felt quite confident in project fi. I am on the 1GB plan, my brother is on the 2GB I think.

• Like 3

So SPS update since i looked at everything during the water change yesterday. The blue stag is coming back strong, went from a brown turd to now a nice light green/blue hue. I lost my pink table it finally gave out and RTNd. Slimer is a mess, dead patches on the branches and base but whats alive has strong PE and a veryyy light green showing through the brown. Not sure if i should just cut this one up or let it grow over the dead patches. Other sps are ok, Kat piece is still a champ and growing with good color. One issue i have is a lot of algae still growing on dead patches of the sps and I'm afraid it may spread. I've cut the dead pieces off, except for the slimer, but it still comes back on a couple pieces.

• Like 3

I had to chop multiple times due to the algae. It was only a few weeks ago I trimmed the Kat a final time due to algae on some older dead tips. Dose just a little strontium and you'll have coraline on those dead tips. :D

• Like 3

I had to chop multiple times due to the algae. It was only a few weeks ago I trimmed the Kat a final time due to algae on some older dead tips. Dose just a little strontium and you'll have coraline on those dead tips. :D

It wont freaking go away, ive scrubbed and cut multiple times but keeps coming back.

I might have possibly bought more sps yesterday...... I have a problem, i need to stop buying things lol.

• Like 3

What did you buy? :)

My LFS has this awesome piece in their DT, its a green stag (but its not a stag) like with purple tips but the corallite at the top has a green ring. Hard to explain but its sweet, not sure what type of SPS it is though. Got a nice piece of that and then replaced the pink table that died on me since he had a monstrous sized colony of it and he just threw it away since it was so big.

• Like 2

Tank turned 1 year old today, not much to show for it though. Sps are still recovering, having a diatom break out now probably due to the new sand and the dry rock i threw into the sump for some added filtration.

• Like 1