Innovative Marine Aquariums

FS: Scoly Collection for price I got it for. Taking the tank down. Pick up

Illuiix

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very expensive...and all the good stuff is in their display tank. I live by Lalani and she drives out of town for some stuff but I tend to stay local because bringing my kids an hour out of town is just too much of a hassle. The owner of my LFS has had the same orange/green carpet anemone (nothing special) listed for $90 because she bought it for $60 and won't go down on the price. My husband and I tend to stick to the $10-$40 frag tank and occasionally find some good stuff. If we want something special we usually have no choice but to order online. We had an awesome reef store in town a few years ago but it closed down due to lack of business. I would LOVE to tour SoCal LFSs just to see what they have. I'm sure they have some crazy awesome stuff.

Oh lalani! Haha, she's quite the photographer here. You two should carpool or something since you two are so close by each other.

Well, I used to shop off from the $10-40 frags, surprisingly you can score some goodies from those price ranges over here in cali but they're all frags. This is my 5th year in the hobby, so I tend to lose interests quickly if something isn't rare or higher end/super too bright to me...who knows, maybe I might lose interests in jawbreakers once I own them for a while.....lol.. I always change ideas for my tank...it's terrible lol.

I just can't get hard over a mushroom! I don't care how many colors are in it. I don't care if the hand of Picasso painted it himself. Your scoly's are boss, and to give them up for some warpainted mushies just boggles my brains!

Well, seems like you're the only guy here so far to have more interests in my scolys than some high end mushrooms lol.

lol

Lol.

Oh lalani! Haha, she's quite the photographer here. You two should carpool or something since you two are so close by each other.

Well, I used to shop off from the $10-40 frags, surprisingly you can score some goodies from those price ranges over here in cali but they're all frags. This is my 5th year in the hobby, so I tend to lose interests quickly if something isn't rare or higher end/super too bright to me...who knows, maybe I might lose interests in jawbreakers once I own them for a while.....lol.. I always change ideas for my tank...it's terrible lol.

Well, seems like you're the only guy here so far to have more interests in my scolys than some high end mushrooms lol.

Lol.

http://youtu.be/2Z4m4lnjxkY'>http://youtu.be/2Z4m4lnjxkY

He is not the only guy! I would take a pile of scolys over a pile of jawbreakers any day of the week.

He is not the only guy! I would take a pile of scolys over a pile of jawbreakers any day of the week.

Lol, well I might just keep them if no one buys it, soo who knows what I'll do....lol.

You have a scolymia species tank...lol. :P

That's a crazy price for a piece of coral. Especially a mushroom. Good thing is mushrooms are hardy and not finicky like SPS/LPS. Although they aren't as interactive as scolymias which you can feed and watch as far as that goes. Hence the anemone shrimp. That would make it more interesting. Especially since your tanks are usually so clean and minimal in the first place.

Not a crazy price for a slow growing incredible shroom in high demand. They do have some nice feeding reactions, not as good as scolys though.

Sea dwelling creatures is a wholesaler. 90% of LFS get there fish from them. They also sell corals but more fish than corals check out WWC youtube account they tour SDC facility. Kmanti is a member here that sells those overpriced mushys you now like. Can I give you a little advice? When someone shows you a picture of there coral they like be nice :). Your comments like mehh not very bright or its just a regular mushroom make you seem like a dick. Which I know your not but others may not. If someone posts a picture and I don't like it i usually say ow thats nice :).

Agreed.

What? You see yellow? Now you're just lying lol.

Oh lord.

I call super hypocrite.

Take the jawbreakers, frag them, then buy scolys, now you have both lol

gulfsurfer101

Overpriced mushbox just doesn't cut it for me and I've been in this hobby about 14yrs now. I still get stoked about living fauna on my liverock. Guess I'm just simple folk;)

Lalani and I have exchanged corals and are swapping some this coming week. Also I've got you beat in this hobby by almost 2 years but I still enjoy everything. Probably because we get "new" stuff so much later than Cali. And I don't have the funds to change it out every few months lol. My tank is 2.5 years old and just getting full. I go slow when it comes to stocking up.

Lol, well I might just keep them if no one buys it, soo who knows what I'll do....lol.

Well what the f else are you gonna do with them if don't sell them lol ????

Lalani and I have exchanged corals and are swapping some this coming week. Also I've got you beat in this hobby by almost 2 years but I still enjoy everything. Probably because we get "new" stuff so much later than Cali. And I don't have the funds to change it out every few months lol. My tank is 2.5 years old and just getting full. I go slow when it comes to stocking up.

I see. Well I might just keep the scolys if it doesn't sell. Otherwise, I will use the funds to get the new tank, then sell my old tank and then buy a jawbreaker/tiedye/gameover mushroom, hopefully a mama....though it's hard to score a mam size deal...lol.

For me...I keep changing tank ideas...it's ridiculous lol.....oh well...lol. I thought I could last long with scolys but...seems not from this selling thread lol.

Well what the f else are you gonna do with them if don't sell them lol ????

Lolol. Yeah that's true.

Throw them in the trash then throw $1500 in the trash.

Whoa, that's harsh buddy.

I see. Well I might just keep the scolys if it doesn't sell. Otherwise, I will use the funds to get the new tank, then sell my old tank and then buy a jawbreaker/tiedye/gameover mushroom, hopefully a mama....though it's hard to score a mam size deal...lol.

For me...I keep changing tank ideas...it's ridiculous lol.....oh well...lol. I thought I could last long with scolys but...seems not from this selling thread lol.

Pretty sure you wont be able to sell all your scolys locally so kiss your mushroom tank goodbye =P. Once you go scolys only, there's no going back.

Is that what this is?

Mmm a little bit.. On the other hand, I really want a jawbreaker mama but don't have the funds unless I sell my scolys, guess you can see it that way.

Pretty sure you wont be able to sell all your scolys locally so kiss your mushroom tank goodbye =P. Once you go scolys only, there's no going back.

Yeah that's also the option as well. But I wouldn't mind either way. Scolys aren't so bad lol.

My dream tank is to have scolys, chalices and jawbreakers/tiedyes/gameovers.

I just don't have the funds for all of it together, so gotta stick with either.

Mmm a little bit.. On the other hand, I really want a jawbreaker mama but don't have the funds unless I sell my scolys, guess you can see it that way.

Well, good luck getting a colony of jawbreakers for $100. I visited that shop and I don't see any corals or a frag tank. Mainly FW stuff.

Well, good luck getting a colony of jawbreakers for $100. I visited that shop and I don't see any corals or a frag tank. Mainly FW stuff.

LOL!! I'm not testing my luck either....I think I'd be willing to spend $700-800 on a jawbreaker mama, but it has to have all three colors (at least 25% green/rest-yellow/red)...

Yeah that guy was lucky enough to score that small colony ahah. Man, you've actually went there after he said where?? Haahahah that's funny dude.

I would like to take a jawbreaker and chop it into 100 pieces. A year from now Ben would be swinging from my sack!

Is that even possible?? Lol :lol:

LOL!! I'm not testing my luck either....I think I'd be willing to spend $700-800 on a jawbreaker mama, but it has to have all three colors (at least 25% green/rest-yellow/red)...

Yeah that guy was lucky enough to score that small colony ahah. Man, you've actually went there after he said where?? Haahahah that's funny dude.

Lol, yup. Visited the shop cause I had a study group near the shop at a tea shop. No jawbreakers but at least I discovered one heck-of-a tea shop.

I had a chance to buy a med size jawbreaker for hundred and past....... Over rated. Hopefully you sell all these scolys before die like a lot of them do after that 1-2 year mark lol

Chop them up and litter the tank. All those little pieces will become baby mushrooms! People just have no balls to chop up a 500 dollar mushy.

I would do it...

Archived