Cultivated Reef

FS: Scoly Collection for price I got it for. Taking the tank down. Pick up

Illuiix

Lol...I don't understand...I'm just being honest...lol.

It's fine. I have arguments with my husband about colors all the time. He gets mad at me.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine. I have arguments with my husband about colors all the time. He gets mad at me.

Maybe your husband just sees orange like I do? Or does he see other colors as well?? Lol, this amazes me lol.

Lol, why??? I don't see the point of that..lol.

I hardly lie to people unless I have to....

Yeah that's the thing...scolys look better on sand beds imo. That's why I never wanted live rocks in the tank....but with mushrooms, they need live rocks lol.

I almost wish you could do this mushroom tank in a goldfish bowl.

I almost wish you could do this mushroom tank in a goldfish bowl.

Goldfish bowl? Why? Lol, it would be hard to mount the lights onto a goldfish bowl lol.

Maybe your husband just sees orange like I do? Or does he see other colors as well?? Lol, this amazes me lol.

I still see green, and I think he just sees orange. I haven't asked him lol and the lights are out. Idk, if it was all orange it wouldn't look metallic would it? The underneath is purple.

Goldfish bowl? Why? Lol, it would be hard to mount the lights onto a goldfish bowl lol.

Because I think a single rock with a big mushy would look neat, especially with the way the curved glass would distort the mushroom. What are those tanks called, those circular biotope things?

I still see green, and I think he just sees orange. I haven't asked him lol and the lights are out. Idk, if it was all orange it wouldn't look metallic would it? The underneath is purple.

Mmm I think most shrooms are purple underneath.

Actually most shrooms are metallic looking, it's just harder to spot the metallic in pictures unless it's under blues/actinics.

But no, most don't have purple underneath. Usually the foot/base is the same color as the top unless they are metallic...at least ime.

What? Lol, nope I'm not lol.

Lol. That was a joke.

But no, most don't have purple underneath. Usually the foot/base is the same color as the top unless they are metallic...at least ime.

Lol. That was a joke.

Oh lol,

actually well I had couple mushrooms when I started this hobby and all of mine had purple bases/ underneath color....I mean, this is what I think...I could be wrong...lol.

And there are lots of metallic looking one color mushrooms out there. I've seen green ones too.

Lol. That was a joke.

I see green around the mouth! What is the little girl crushing the can? I have been meaning to ask and now since this thread is totally derailed :).

Oh yea they definitely have those...but all mushrooms are not metallic. I have 2 metallic green rhodactis and they have purple feet/bases. But the run-of-the-mill orange/red ones ime always have the same color base/foot as the actual polyp. I find there are metallic ones (true metallic ones) and then there are your every day ones. The true metallic ones are almost translucent when it comes to their color on top, but underneath you can see some other color peaking through. It has dimension I guess is what I'm saying.

I see green around the mouth! What is the little girl crushing the can? I have been meaning to ask and now since this thread is totally derailed :).

Darla from The Little Rascals movie lol.

Oh yea they definitely have those...but all mushrooms are not metallic. I have 2 metallic green rhodactis and they have purple feet/bases. But the run-of-the-mill orange/red ones ime always have the same color base/foot as the actual polyp. I find there are metallic ones (true metallic ones) and then there are your every day ones. The true metallic ones are almost translucent when it comes to their color on top, but underneath you can see some other color peaking through. It has dimension I guess is what I'm saying.

Darla from The Little Rascals movie lol.

I see. Yeah I guess you're right lol.

That girl looks mean lol.

What you have appears to be an "ironman" mushroom. From what I understand, it takes jawbreakers a realllllly long time to develop all of the crazy colors that you see posted often. That said, I've seen some ironman shroom with green and red in them just like jawbreakers, yours may very well be a jawbreaker that hasn't developed the green and red yet. I've got 10 or so ironman 'shrooms in my frag tank right now, but can't get $6 for them because it's hard for me to get a decent pic of them.

What you have appears to be an "ironman" mushroom. From what I understand, it takes jawbreakers a realllllly long time to develop all of the crazy colors that you see posted often. That said, I've seen some ironman shroom with green and red in them just like jawbreakers, yours may very well be a jawbreaker that hasn't developed the green and red yet. I've got 10 or so ironman 'shrooms in my frag tank right now, but can't get $6 for them because it's hard for me to get a decent pic of them.

Well send me some freaking pictures I might buy some.

Yea looks similar when I google, but it's not as bright an orange it's kind of rusty. Who knows though once it's spent a few weeks under my LEDs. It was under PC lighting *shudder* Also illuix I tried to convince one of my husband's friends to buy a scoly from you but he's not prepared to spend the money yet lol.

Use your iPhone. :P

Yea looks similar when I google, but it's not as bright an orange it's kind of rusty. Who knows though once it's spent a few weeks under my LEDs. It was under PC lighting *shudder* Also illuix I tried to convince one of my husband's friends to buy a scoly from you but he's not prepared to spend the money yet lol.

He won't ship the scolys! Or I would of bought them all for half price :P

Well, don't get your hopes so high on that mushroom being an iron man mushroom....I mean that's just my opinion but who knows, maybe it can become an iron man mushrooms since it was under pc lighting(crap lights) before your tank?

Well, aren't you out of California? I wasn't planning on shipping these...I'd be too scared to ship these expensive (well to me they're expensive...) corals...I have shipped before but I don't plan on shipping again unless I somehow start an online coral business lol.

For half price? Haha, I'd be losing so much money like that... :(

Well, don't get your hopes so high on that mushroom being an iron man mushroom....I mean that's just my opinion but who knows, maybe it can become an iron man mushrooms since it was under pc lighting(crap lights) before your tank?

Well, aren't you out of California? I wasn't planning on shipping these...I'd be too scared to ship these expensive (well to me they're expensive...) corals...I have shipped before but I don't plan on shipping again unless I somehow start an online coral business lol.

For half price? Haha, I'd be losing so much money like that... :(

Yep Cajun country is about 20 miles from you :P

Aww I thought you were shipping?! And I don't care what it is honestly it's just cool. And scolys are always expensive. Any coral/frag over $50 is expensive to me lol. Too bad. Fair pricing even with shipping. We can't find a bleeding apple scolymia at my LFS for under $300 which is just ridiculous.

Yep Cajun country is about 20 miles from you :P

Yessss lol

LPS hog. Stop it.

Aww I thought you were shipping?! And I don't care what it is honestly it's just cool. And scolys are always expensive. Any coral/frag over $50 is expensive to me lol. Too bad. Fair pricing even with shipping. We can't find a bleeding apple scolymia at my LFS for under $300 which is just ridiculous.

Yessss lol

LPS hog. Stop it.

Lol, wow, that's super expensive over where you live...I probably could get an abnormal shaped looking bleeding apple for around $100-150...but I bought my scolys from the internet, where everything is a little overpriced than where I live at...lol. Too lazy to be driving around Socal to look for some of my taste* type of scolys...lol.

Very expensive...and all the good stuff is in their display tank. I live by Lalani and she drives out of town for some stuff but I tend to stay local because bringing my kids an hour out of town is just too much of a hassle. The owner of my LFS has had the same orange/green carpet anemone (nothing special) listed for $90 because she bought it for $60 and won't go down on the price. My husband and I tend to stick to the $10-$40 frag tank and occasionally find some good stuff. If we want something special we usually have no choice but to order online. We had an awesome reef store in town a few years ago but it closed down due to lack of business. I would LOVE to tour SoCal LFSs just to see what they have. I'm sure they have some crazy awesome stuff.

gulfsurfer101

I just can't get hard over a mushroom! I don't care how many colors are in it. I don't care if the hand of Picasso painted it himself. Your scoly's are boss, and to give them up for some warpainted mushies just boggles my brains!

Archived