Innovative Marine Aquariums

FS: Scoly Collection for price I got it for. Taking the tank down. Pick up

Illuiix

Lol unfortunately yes. You see, my dream tank is to get a bigger cube tank and have scolys, chalices and collectible mushrooms. But I don't have that kind of money to collect all those the same time.....sooo since I've had a good gist of scolys and chalices(though I haven't done super high end chalices, I had superman chalice, Tyree bubble gum monster, flamethrower, etc), I'm going to do a collectible mushroom tank this time since I haven't done so. 1st mushroom is going to be a jawbreaker, however I really want a mama one so if I can score a good deal on it then that'll be it. If not, I'll get a baby one with at least two of the colors (yellow/red) and get other kinds of mushies.

I'm doing the same with my pico tank now in college. I have a couple jawbreakers, ironmans, some crazy rainbows, cool rhodactis, and my newest addition the WWC bounce mushy. Looking forward to doing some trading with you in the future.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing the same with my pico tank now in college. I have a couple jawbreakers, ironmans, some crazy rainbows, cool rhodactis, and my newest addition the WWC bounce mushy. Looking forward to doing some trading with you in the future.

I'm not going to do trades....sorry. Mind showing us some pictures of your setup? I'm mainly interested in jawbreakers/tie dyes. Plan is either get a mama one, or get a baby one along with other collectible mushies.

Maybe try craigslist, local reefer forums, local facebook groups, etc? Good luck with sale!

Thanks. So did your lfs ever get back to you on that master scoly price?

Rome wasn't built in a day. Basically everyone huys peices they like when they have the spare money. They usually don't say " I'm budgeting 1500 and once I hit that price, breaking everything Down.

Buy nice peices that are actually frag gable and sell them for more coral money. You also need to get over the fear of shipping if you want to move pieces within a timely manner. Deal with people you only feel comfortable with.

I say keep a few of the scoly's and sell a few and then add the other things you want to it.

People reset/downgrade/upgrade/side-grade/quit/re-join/ect.. all the time in this hobby but since you like scoly's I see no reason to sell them ALL.

I will take your reverse bleeding apple off your hand but you don't ship!!!! :angry:

This is so random, can't believe you decide to sell them all! Where is your love of scoly? Haha.

Thanks. So did your lfs ever get back to you on that master scoly price?

nope, someone put a hold on it an hour after he posted it on facebook. it was gone when i visited a few days later and he didn't want to tell me the price.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Basically everyone huys peices they like when they have the spare money. I hit that price, breaking everything Down.

Yeah thats just stupid. I could see setting a monthly budget of whatever you can afford but to set a total tank budget is insane..... especially that low. I hate to wonder what happens when he runs out of budget room for salt LOL.

I will take your reverse bleeding apple off your hand but you don't ship!!!! :angry:

This is so random, can't believe you decide to sell them all! Where is your love of scoly? Haha.

Lolol, sorry guys. I don't really want to ship scolys...

Anyways, part of the reason is because I want to do something different with a new tank*

I say keep a few of the scoly's and sell a few and then add the other things you want to it.

People reset/downgrade/upgrade/side-grade/quit/re-join/ect.. all the time in this hobby but since you like scoly's I see no reason to sell them ALL.

I'm putting all up for sale but I doubt all of them will be bought at the prices I'm asking for lol.

I might just keep a few, we'll just have to see.

nope, someone put a hold on it an hour after he posted it on facebook. it was gone when i visited a few days later and he didn't want to tell me the price.

Must be high I bet lol.

Ya know, those high end mushrooms are more expensive than those scolys.

No doubt. Check out Shroom Room on Facebook, place for lovers of shrooms- I saw a mushroom, amazing, went to ebay $499 for a mushroom??? I can't ever imagine paying that much.

Some, large Jawbreakers ($300+) and Godspawn ($250+) are the more obvious ones, most others are around $75-$125 vs his scolys which are like $115-$190.... Plus mushies will put out sellable babies....

Trading in scolys for high end mushrooms. This should be fun. Mushrooms are my favorite corals even if they're fairly basic.

I'm not trading at the moment. The plan is to order a new tank with new lights and either buy one big jawbreaker mama mushroom or buy multiple of various types of mushrooms...

what u doing with your BML light? didn't you just get that light????

Might just have to sell it, it really depends whether I sell all the scolys are not...

I really to dig the new tank idea of having a 14" picO cube with a nano razor over it, that's the plan if I were to take this tank down.

Lol, that's why I plan to either just get one jawbreaker mama and nothing else or get a couple various types of mushies. I'm not going to try to spend over the budget lol, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Some, large Jawbreakers ($300+) and Godspawn ($250+) are the more obvious ones, most others are around $75-$125 vs his scolys which are like $115-$190.... Plus mushies will put out sellable babies....

Actually I think a mama jawbreaker can go from $800-$1300.....lol, so hopefully I can score a lower deal for a mama.

IIRC Kmaintl who has the grand-daughter of the Original imported one has Nickel+ sized ones for $200-$250

A mama is like a golf ball size.

BTW Jawbreakers are hardy, but grow sllooowwwly, so I'd get a few candlelight or lavalamps for like $75 and let them grow out then get the Jawbreakers

I'd do a bunch of different ones. I picked up this guy at my LFS today and I think I'm slowly becoming obsessed with mushrooms again. When you post your new tank thread for this build shoot me a PM I want to follow it!

1525149_10100783302407970_1404154107_n.j

Looks like the burning monk mushroom on PlanetZoa but I picked it up for only $25. Has a purple mouth with green around it then it's a metallic orange everywhere else. To have a jawbreaker...I think I'd shit.

I'm not trading at the moment. The plan is to order a new tank with new lights and either buy one big jawbreaker mama mushroom or buy multiple of various types of mushrooms...

gulfsurfer101

Dude, your scoly's are so 2012 so I'll do the best I can and offer 50 a piece for whole lot of them. I got the chowder in the pot ready to bake son;)

BTW Jawbreakers are hardy, but grow sllooowwwly, so I'd get a few candlelight or lavalamps for like $75 and let them grow out then get the Jawbreakers

Yeah I know. Hopefully I can get it to grow faster...my water is raised differently lolol.

Nah, I like LOVE LOVE Jawbreakers compared to any other shroom out there. Jawbreaker is #1 on my list lol, going to make the thread

"J A W S"

No, a mother would be 5 inches, golf ball size is a juvie

Not according to RAP 2013. A mama was like only a little bigger than a golf ball size. I would say a half-dollar coin to be more exact. Unless I didn't see it full expanded over there.

I'd do a bunch of different ones. I picked up this guy at my LFS today and I think I'm slowly becoming obsessed with mushrooms again. When you post your new tank thread for this build shoot me a PM I want to follow it!

1525149_10100783302407970_1404154107_n.j

Looks like the burning monk mushroom on PlanetZoa but I picked it up for only $25. Has a purple mouth with green around it then it's a metallic orange everywhere else. To have a jawbreaker...I think I'd shit.

I can't really see the colors from that photo...mind taking a picture of it under direct spotlight?

Get 1 jawbreaker mushroom and put it in the tank... come back 10 years later and the entire tank will be covered :D

Lol, 10yrs! That's a long time...don't know if I would still have a mushroom tank going....lol.

Dude, your scoly's are so 2012 so I'll do the best I can and offer 50 a piece for whole lot of them. I got the chowder in the pot ready to bake son;)

Thanks for the offer but I'm not shipping these.

Archived