Top Shelf Aquatics

Drop off Vivarium-Frogs!

Giga

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The top part is pretty much done-still need to add the doors and paint the rest of the outside black

fjrb.jpg
A little closer

32q5.jpg

The drop off part needs more work as I haven't got to it yet-sorry for the bad pic

nqvj.jpg

I have a rock that overhangs the drop off-again bad pic

jrzm.jpg

Here's the circulation part-I have 2 60mm fans in the center "tree" that pulls air from the bottom and is pointed at the glass to help keep it clear. I also have the wire running through airline tubeing and drilled a 1/4 hole in the glass
kkmg.jpg
5c4o.jpg
i37u.jpg
okhx.jpg
66ne.jpg
pvwd.jpg

All close up and ez access in case a fan breaks down. Granted a lot of this still needs to be foamed and covered but still ez to get at from the back

q1l3.jpg

Ultra cool stuff Giga, it's coming together really well. Nice work on the fan placement. Sorry if you answered this earlier, what are the logs made out of? Is it some sort of foam? Or a heavier stone like material?

Ultra cool stuff Giga, it's coming together really well. Nice work on the fan placement. Sorry if you answered this earlier, what are the logs made out of? Is it some sort of foam? Or a heavier stone like material?

Are you talking about what the tree's made of? thats just cork bark tubes-super lightweight!

Are you talking about what the tree's made of? thats just cork bark tubes-super lightweight!

Yeah sorry, the material the trees are made of. Would never have guessed cork haha.Good that they are light weight, wouldn't want them to cause any damage if they were to get dislodged somehow.

Yeah sorry, the material the trees are made of. Would never have guessed cork haha.Good that they are light weight, wouldn't want them to cause any damage if they were to get dislodged somehow.

Yeah I'd guess it's only like 25 ish pounds very lightweight

My guess would be because you build some of the sickest things I've ever seen. Between this and your mangrove system, I'm personally in awe. Can't wait to see how this turns out

My guess would be because you build some of the sickest things I've ever seen. Between this and your mangrove system, I'm personally in awe. Can't wait to see how this turns out

you and me both-I should have both of these systems "finished" by the start of summer!

Wow, this thing is looking great. :)

Thanks!

I'm really liking this, I like the way you build things, super simple and clean.

Kiss is the best way to design things

This is AWESOME!!! love this.

:wub:

Well that's pretty cool

Looking good; really want to see this thing planted already... ;)

I'm just about done, added the sliding door tracks and finished up the drop off side. The only thing left is a mistking and LEDs for the lights, problem is I'm paying for day care right now and I have literally no hobby money. I don't like to charge things so I might be a little bit

Well that's pretty cool I'm just about done, added the sliding door tracks and finished up the drop off side. The only thing left is a mistking and LEDs for the lights, problem is I'm paying for day care right now and I have literally no hobby money. I don't like to charge things so I might be a little bit

Take your time brother; this is the sort of thing worth waiting for.

Take your time brother; this is the sort of thing worth waiting for.

Finish this thing already! I'm getting antsy to see it all set up.

After this weekend it should be done and planting started

Archived