ReefCleaners.org

Drop off Vivarium-Frogs!

Giga

I need a photo of your mangrove collection please and thankyou

In my new mangrove thread I will post some when it's time!

Well, I need a photo (or several) of the viv this thread is actually about!!!

Giga,

I am at your mercy...

soon- the glass is just too dirty right now :rolleyes:

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Very cool!

You really changed things up, up top! Looking good - broms look super happy with all those pups!

How are those vines coming along?

Sorry about the link:

http://biopod.org/

also, they have a kickstarter that is about to end:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099003506/worlds-first-smart-microhabitat?ref=nav_search

Gotta ask,
Do you know roughly the LUX that your broms are receiving at the top of the rosette?

Very cool!

You really changed things up, up top! Looking good - broms look super happy with all those pups!

How are those vines coming along?

Sorry about the link:

http://biopod.org/

also, they have a kickstarter that is about to end:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099003506/worlds-first-smart-microhabitat?ref=nav_search

Gotta ask,

Do you know roughly the LUX that your broms are receiving at the top of the rosette?

Yeah I've seen those biopod things before-I'm all DIY kind of guy but those are nice! I have no idea the lux that they get but I've actually turned the light down lately to save on my electric $-They are less red now because of it but I can turn up the light and turn almost all the broms bright red. But the tank is powered but 3 vero 18's 5k, 6 rebel es warm white and 3 3 up red,RB, blue

Yeah I've seen those biopod things before-I'm all DIY kind of guy but those are nice! I have no idea the lux that they get but I've actually turned the light down lately to save on my electric $-They are less red now because of it but I can turn up the light and turn almost all the broms bright red. But the tank is powered but 3 vero 18's 5k, 6 rebel es warm white and 3 3 up red,RB, blue

I am going to try out the Biopod Aqua and see what they are like. Managed to snag one of the 50% off units which was pretty well the deciding factor there.

As for the lighting, I was curious because I have noticed that most dart frog vivariums that include broms never seem to keep them colored up, and then you see pups for sale that are completely green and leggy. Basically I don't think most folks understand how to keep broms properly, and you seem to be doing a pretty good job.

I have found that broms tend to keep the best coloration between 8000 and 12,000 LUX depending on the cultivar. Was hoping to get some more data from other hobbyists that may confirm those findings as well.

I tossed up a comparison photo of my 'Wild Tiger' broms on my Tall Jungle thread. One is kept around 4000 LUX and the other around 9000 to 12,000 LUX (provided by a Radion XR30w Pro) and the difference is becoming more and more dramatic.

I am going to try out the Biopod Aqua and see what they are like. Managed to snag one of the 50% off units which was pretty well the deciding factor there.

As for the lighting, I was curious because I have noticed that most dart frog vivariums that include broms never seem to keep them colored up, and then you see pups for sale that are completely green and leggy. Basically I don't think most folks understand how to keep broms properly, and you seem to be doing a pretty good job.

I have found that broms tend to keep the best coloration between 8000 and 12,000 LUX depending on the cultivar. Was hoping to get some more data from other hobbyists that may confirm those findings as well.

I tossed up a comparison photo of my 'Wild Tiger' broms on my Tall Jungle thread. One is kept around 4000 LUX and the other around 9000 to 12,000 LUX (provided by a Radion XR30w Pro) and the difference is becoming more and more dramatic.

It help coming from a bonsai garden background and most people think 1 or 2 t8 is a lot of light when in reality its like being in the shadows. I don't know the actual facts but very bright diffused light works best for a vivarium.

Archived