Innovative Marine Aquariums

Drop off Vivarium-Frogs!

Giga

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may have missed it but did you decide against the water feature?

I was on the fence for a long time about it and I didn't want more maintenance, with running to many hobbies, it just made more sense not to.

Holy shiot!

Indeed lol

Pretty.

thanks! will be a lot better once there are colorful broms and orchids in there and better pics

hypostatic
I was on the fence for a long time about it and I didn't want more maintenance, with running to many hobbies, it just made more sense not to

Ahhh wise choice. A big reason why people leave reefing for frogs is because it's SO much less maintenance lol

can't wait to see it done with water, tetras dans dendro.

good job

No water section gonna be added

Ahhh wise choice. A big reason why people leave reefing for frogs is because it's SO much less maintenance lol

Yeah and it's so cool! Once this is set up I think I might like it more then my reef tank.

Orchids !!?!?!? Now I'm intrigued

Yes many small species, I started planting them yesterday!

No water section gonna be added Yeah and it's so cool! Once this is set up I think I might like it more then my reef tank. Yes many small species, I started planting them yesterday!

Changed your mind ?

I think a lower section with some small fish etc... would have been awesome.

I just finished my fogger and just order my mistking and leaf litter, Goona seed it with micro fauna and get this this started!

hypostatic

Springtails are pretty easy; just make sure you don't overfeed and cause a CO2 spike, which will kill them. If the culture is vented it'll prevent this.

The trickiest thing with FFs is keeping them mite-free. As long as you wash your hands before touching the cultures and keep them on mite paper you should be fine.

Oh keep the STs on mite paper too -- they're also prone to mite infestation.

Springtails are pretty easy; just make sure you don't overfeed and cause a CO2 spike, which will kill them. If the culture is vented it'll prevent this.

The trickiest thing with FFs is keeping them mite-free. As long as you wash your hands before touching the cultures and keep them on mite paper you should be fine.

Oh keep the STs on mite paper too -- they're also prone to mite infestation.

thanks, that's good to know.

You've kept frogs before right?

Yeah I kept veradero, but I only kept enough food for them and bought new fly cultures, I never kept my own culture of everything

• 2 weeks later...

So I've hooked up my led light but seem to be having a problem-when I hook up the cla 36a to my 5 up ldd board and hook up all my regular luzeon es leds it works fine. But when I hook up ther vero 18's each on their own ldd they get to about 25% brightness then just dim down to almost nothing even though the sotrm X is on 4095(max brightness). The cla meanwell is outputting 42V so I know it more then enought to handle the Vero's-as at max there 29.9v or something-any idea?

Archived