Pod Your Reef

Drop off Vivarium-Frogs!

Giga

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just buzzed through this, and I gotta say awesome!!

I had a big DIY viv drawn up years ago, and never bit the bullet. I was going to use plywood and sheets of rubber to create the box, with panes of sliding glass for the doors. Complete with pool, waterfalls, the whole nine yards... Wish I'd have done it.

Maybe one day, but in the meantime I'll live vicariously through this one. :)

Tree frogs are not really my thing(though they are really cool)as they are nocturnal so they just sleep all day-but dart frogs are out and about all day long and fun to watch.

I'd love to do dart frogs but as far as I am aware they are illegal to keep as pets in Australia so tree frogs would be the next best thing.

I am looking forward to your scape/background build photos.

Coming soon-I hope :rolleyes:

Awesome!!

Thank you

I just buzzed through this, and I gotta say awesome!!

I had a big DIY viv drawn up years ago, and never bit the bullet. I was going to use plywood and sheets of rubber to create the box, with panes of sliding glass for the doors. Complete with pool, waterfalls, the whole nine yards... Wish I'd have done it.

Maybe one day, but in the meantime I'll live vicariously through this one. :)

Anytime and you should do it-this is the next step from reefing, either a planted setup or a vivarium

I'd love to do dart frogs but as far as I am aware they are illegal to keep as pets in Australia so tree frogs would be the next best thing.

this is true-didn't know they were illegal there

Get a cane toad... Not. Kill those effers

Funny thing is that those who live in areas infected by Cane Toads play golf with them haha.

that......sounds....messy

I've seen docus where old people put dog food out for them because they enjoy the frogs' company lol

lol

:update:

Got a gaggle of cork tubes-some of those are 32" long

https://imageshack.com/i/gi8t3lj'>8t3l.jpg

Also started staining some wood(needs another coat)-this is going inside of the cutout to help frame the tank and give it a darker feel. Please excuse my garage, it's a disaster with all these builds right now.

https://imageshack.com/i/nb49kfj'>49kf.jpg

God i can't wait to move to a house that I plan to live in for more than 5 yrs. I am going to do some serious fish room renovation. Makin me so jealous with all the fun wall demo.

Build looks great. And if it's stocked like your last viv, it'll be a show stopper

it's going to be more more jungley and not as colorful. I'm going to make more like a real rain forest and pretty dense. Because of the multi species I want to make sure they feel comfortable with other tank mates. Though I will have some stand out plants as well :D

God i can't wait to move to a house that I plan to live in for more than 5 yrs. I am going to do some serious fish room renovation. Makin me so jealous with all the fun wall demo.

Yeah I love looking at my creations-My wife calls it a zoo exhibit-I call it......well......a zoo exhibit too :P

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the wall on the living room side

odtm.jpg

Also picked up a large fireball that will be the majority of the broms in this tank-with my lighting they will turn a crazy red

wow that is insane giga.....you are truly talented bro.

Thanks bro! Took a long time a few swear words along the way lol, but it came out pretty well so far, I've even started the scape for this

agreed.

Thank you!

Killer! So clean. Can't wait to see more!

You and me both! Lol

Wow is all I can say, such nice work man. Can't wait to see more!

Thank you!

Nice work Giga, that's going to look amazing once you have it stocked.

Last big thing is the lighting wich will be around 250 ish but now that I'm paying for day care I'm kinda haveing to penny and dime everything so it could be a bit

Archived