ReefCleaners.org

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, fed Gertie a 3rd time tonight by hand. She was real quick to come out, barely stopped to think about it. Swam over and took it gently and left- I haven't decided to play tug of war with it. About 2 mins later I guess she still wanted more meat, because I saw her walk up to a nassarius that was moving and strike it- I don't know what level of hit it was but I do know the one strike didn't break the shell. Then the nass quickly hightailed it up the wall. So she knows it might be something eventually she'll want to eat but I think it was more of "let's see what happens when I do this" kinda hit. The exploratory hit. I figure if she really want it, she'd keep hitting it.

I checked on Geneva- nowhere to be seen. She must be molting. I picked up the rock, wasn't underneath it- I tried her first but she didn't come out at all, not even peek out.

Sorry, pic hopefully next time. Geneva ate from my hand today. There's hope w/ her yet!! I was thinking she was molting because I haven't seen her since the first time Gertie ate from my hand which was a while ago. Over a week I think. More difficult to get to her because the damsel is really fast at pickin' half of it off and I"m waving him away w/ a pinky while hoping Geneva acts on it. I kept only an inch from her home so she didn't have to swim out to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Look who opened polyps? So this is the 3rd tank it's gone into. I put a little oyster feast in there just now.. I'll try give it some small particles tomorrow. There's hope for it yet.

046_zps720d503d.jpg

Those r too cool. Where someone can get one of those btw?

I bought mine on ebay Woos Aquatics

Do you think it likes the lower light? I'm waiting for my LFS to get one in.

I don't know because it was healing up in the Evolve 8 and that light is really strong but it didn't have PE. In the 34 it's not as bright as the Evolve and it started w/ PE.

I bought mine on ebay Woos Aquatics

I don't know because it was healing up in the Evolve 8 and that light is really strong but it didn't have PE. In the 34 it's not as bright as the Evolve and it started w/ PE.

Thanks, I will check it out. I have never seen them in my LFS tho. But I also liked how it adds mystique to display tank with those odd shapes and curves.

I'm glad it found a happy spot again :) even if there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason.

Me too. Now it also has to grow back some skin again, you can see the black core.

Gertie was out of course, still took her a long time today to finally give in to get the food but at least she was more social. No pics from Geneva, she hid and half her food was eaten by the damsel.

You can see Gert in the tiny hole in the bottom.

006_zpsc3a204e5.jpg

009_zps4b5ad17d.jpg

005_zps039620f4.jpg

007_zps3e398d23.jpg

011_zpsf35ad368.jpg

Looks like the Mantis' and spiral wire are doing great :).

I'm glad it found a place it likes. Not the 34 w/ the Kessil, not the Evolve w/ the Par 38 but the mantis tank w/ a cheapo marineland single strip of light. Ha.

I'm getting the 10gallon QT I got Mon ready for tomorrow. The blue neon has some kind of bacterial something on him. A very light covering. A friend of mine gave me some medication that you mix w/ food but I'm making sure to put him in that tank because I don't want any problems with the clam. I'll have to read what it says. Seachem Metronidazole and/or Kana Plex, and a polymer that helps the medicine bond w/ the food. I've never used them, any tips?

Here's Gertie. I just put a small ricordia in her tank from the 34, it's been getting tinier so I thought I'd see if it like it there better. So, Gertie started hitting the rock which is basically a superglue rock. You can see the bright yellow/green of it in the blurry part. Hah! She just dragged the rock over to her den. It's so much lighter than regular rock. She must've felt proud.

002_zps99172e50.jpg

003_zps0e5ac64a.jpg

I have never had luck with ricordia. Dirty tank, clean tank, high light, low light... they don't die but they just shrink to dime size. I don't get it!

I have one that's fine in my 34, then 3 in my Evolve and they're doing fine. But nowhere else. I can't keep them really either.

MyLiquidBlue29BC

I have two Ricordea. I've had them for five months...spot feed them twice a week. They have grown (and changed color?) but refuse to make babies for me!

It's been a while for a pic for Geneva, even though I try. She is now definitely darker green than Gertie.

046_zpsf85ac81d.jpg

045_zps51b43f9c.jpg

So cute :)

So I ended up deciding to divide up my 40B :P Mike is going to make me a divider out of black acrylic with teeth so the flow can travel through it and I can keep all my plumbing as it. Should be pretty aesthetically pleasing I think. Going to have the front and sides viewable.

Archived