SaltCritters.com

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the rock over to Geneva's tank, making sure she wasn't still in the fuge.

006_zps30a3a763.jpg

but NOOOOOOOOO.

who do I see staring from Gertie's tank a second later? FROM GERTIE'S TANK?!?!?!?!?

005_zpse58445aa.jpg

003_zps67a493bc.jpg

This is a comedy of horrors. Geneva ran towards the 2nd rock and hid. SO I hit up the back left corner where Gertie was- she was poking her head out but she was hitting the little net. First time I ever saw her attacking anything- how cute- attacking a pink net. I said

_uck this. I grabbed that corner rock SHE was in and moved it to Geneva's pad.

I put the lid on quick and I'm hoping that in a moment when I go back and take a look I will see Gertie exploring Geneva's old place.

It's Mantis MOVE OUT!! That's my new MHGTV- Mantis Home & Garden TV, new show. What about Mantis Swap??? Hell.

Gertie's new home, haven't seen her but I'm sure she's hiding. New home, new landscape, NEW FISH!!!! What the???

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/008_zps1e5e97a4.jpg.html'>008_zps1e5e97a4.jpg

And now as you see from left to right. Geneva's home|Gertie's home. I'm exhausted ya'll. That was stress I didn't need. Really. I went to sleep late last night because I was worried.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/007_zps58bdd7fb.jpg.html'>007_zps58bdd7fb.jpg.

Well, when I came home I fed both tanks. You know how you can tell when it's too "still'? Yep, While seeing Geneva in the back corner of the rock in her new home, I decided to pick up the middle rock, THERE WAS GENEVA! so it was Gertie I saw in the corner. So I picked up Gertie in her rock and moved her over. AND I SAW HER SIT IN THE SAME SPOT IN THE ROCK WHILE I TRANSFERRED. So they spent 24 hrs w/each other. Of course they did that before too but not even completely in water and had a bigger one yet in there w/ them.

OMGosh!!! She hitched a ride over to your fuge & then had a sleep over with her buddy! How crazy it that?!?!?!? Glad everyone is all settled now. Time to take a break & a good breather mantis mama!!

OMGosh!!! She hitched a ride over to your fuge & then had a sleep over with her buddy! How crazy it that?!?!?!? Glad everyone is all settled now. Time to take a break & a good breather mantis mama!!

I'm done! It was all my fault for putting that fuge rock in there temporarily, then the transferring began!! Yeah, never do that. And make sure you still have a dowel rod at home.

I have a 60g reef I started up in August, and I am planning a Nuva 16g mantis tank this spring. I've always wanted a nano reef using live Florida rock, googling the new setup, I came across your two threads. I've spent the morning reading both your 34g and Mantis threads, both awesome reads! I normally don't post here (124 posts since 2005) but compelled to tell you how much I admire both your tanks.

I do have one question, what lighting are you using on this tank? I'm still in the planning stages for my new build, would like to put an Evergrow IT2040 on the tank, even tho it's controllable, I'm still afraid it would be too much light and I'd be wasting my money purchasing it. Thanks....Loni

PS, I also bought this:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/180324246?campaign_label=receipt_buyer&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=receipt_010170_7297498688_0_0&utm_medium=trans_email

to go above my 60g..... :) :)

Well, it's funny, it came as the light that came w/ the 34. You were supposed to suction cup it under the ledge of the tank. I knew I needed it covered so it was a quick decision to put acrylic sheet on top and then rest the strip on top. The strip on the side has a valve you can twist and so you can make the tank darker or brighter but twisting it because it rolls an edge over it if that makes sense. But you need nothing more for the mantis tank. So definitely save the money for the bigger tank. If it works on macro that's all you need for nitrate control. They don't bother the macro either.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/1stimereefer/media/002_zps5425e272.jpg.html'>002_zps5425e272.jpg

I have a 60g reef I started up in August, and I am planning a Nuva 16g mantis tank this spring. I've always wanted a nano reef using live Florida rock, googling the new setup, I came across your two threads. I've spent the morning reading both your 34g and Mantis threads, both awesome reads! I normally don't post here (124 posts since 2005) but compelled to tell you how much I admire both your tanks.

I do have one question, what lighting are you using on this tank? I'm still in the planning stages for my new build, would like to put an Evergrow IT2040 on the tank, even tho it's controllable, I'm still afraid it would be too much light and I'd be wasting my money purchasing it. Thanks....Loni

PS, I also bought this:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/180324246?campaign_label=receipt_buyer&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=receipt_010170_7297498688_0_0&utm_medium=trans_email

to go above my 60g..... :) :)

Ha! Love the mermaid!!. It just works, plain and simple. As soon as I saw ETSY I knew what it was, kind of. I knew it was going to be something fishy. Thanks for the wonderful compliments. Funny how it just worked itself out, not knowing what to do w/ the 20. Those lil green girls gave me some stress this week. But it all worked out.

We're getting quite a group of Mantis tanks going. Whether you get the fancy kind or not they're attitudes are smashing!!! Dorky joke.

Great joke, why your threads are so enjoyable to read! I can't wait to get my mantis tank set up, but first I have to plan it out, which is ½ the fun of this addiction.

wow, quite the adventure! I'd be keeping quite the close eye gertie geneva going forward!

edit... nope, I was right the first time... its gertie that was in the wrong tank right?

wow, quite the adventure! I'd be keeping quite the close eye gertie geneva going forward!

edit... nope, I was right the first time... its gertie that was in the wrong tank right?

Now I got ya'll mixed up! It was me. I put the rock in Geneva's tank- the bigger lady- and she got transferred to the fuge and then Gertie's. Gertis IS in her new place as of yesterday, haven't seen her much. Gertie is now on the right, Geneva on the left. They're both not in their original tanks.

Size, a slight difference. Gertie caught up quick to Geneva though. Except for when I first put her in I haven't seen Gertie. I like the rock set up better but it's not as conducive for me to see her right now.

Your missing mantis made me all paranoid because I hadn't seen Bane in weeks. :o

I feed him live because finding him is a pain in my 20g fuge because theres so much macro. I hadn't heard his popping for awhile. I went looking for him tonight thinking I might get smacked/stabbed digging my hand blindly into the thick macro :blink:

I did find him though but didn't get a close look. Probably go looking for him tomorrow again to make sure his smashers are intact since I hadn't heard him in awhile. They hide so well.. its a pain to find them.. since they can vanish into a rock crevice. Not looking forward to trying to find him again.

Your missing mantis made me all paranoid because I hadn't seen Bane in weeks. :o

I feed him live because finding him is a pain in my 20g fuge because theres so much macro. I hadn't heard his popping for awhile. I went looking for him tonight thinking I might get smacked/stabbed digging my hand blindly into the thick macro :blink:

I did find him though but didn't get a close look. Probably go looking for him tomorrow again to make sure his smashers are intact since I hadn't heard him in awhile. They hide so well.. its a pain to find them.. since they can vanish into a rock crevice. Not looking forward to trying to find him again.

I hope you find your boy. Maybe it's just healing after a molt that went awry?

Archived