Top Shelf Aquatics

Shadow's 16G Disaster. Fumigation Poisoned the Tank and Crashed It.

Snow_Phoenix

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANGELLLLL!!! -tackles-

Nice to see you dropping by my thread. Hope all is going well with your tank. :)

Lol is all going good. I also have a small surprise on my tank. Will post it today.

But im always lurking your thread tho! :ninja: hehe

Some quick updates - everyone in the tank is doing fine and even the Mystery Fish is doing great. Will most likely add him to the DT sometime next week. :P

I added a huge pink goni today:

And also picked up this mysterious zoa with white mouths, peach rings and gray skirts:

And my derpy Nass snail has decided to smear my backdrop with some eggs. Not sure if this means it's about to pull a kamikaze trick on me, but either way, I'm getting rid of the eggs in the morning:

FTS on 21/11/2013.

:)

Are they zoa's or pallys? They look exactly like the pallys I got from Clay. Mine grow insanely fast and look bright orange-ish under actnics only.

Tank starting to look so full, I love it! I'm going to a huge frag swap Saturday. Hoping to bring home new goodies :D

Are they zoa's or pallys? They look exactly like the pallys I got from Clay. Mine grow insanely fast and look bright orange-ish under actnics only.

Tank starting to look so full, I love it! I'm going to a huge frag swap Saturday. Hoping to bring home new goodies :D

Eh, I'm not so sure come to think about it. I was assured that they were zoas, but now that you mention it, they look an awful lot like Palys. :P

Thanks! I'm picking up an Elegance and some shrooms and -maybe- some GSP next month. I'll probably stop coral-stocking afterwards and just let everything grow for a short while. :P Oooh, do keep us updated and don't forget to post some pictures! :)

Hmmmm, what kind of fish, will be watching to find out.

You won't have to wait very long. :) And he's not exactly rare, but he's very active. Currently going bonkers in the QT tank. I bet he'll love the DT - loads of places/caves/arches/tunnels for him to explore. And my mum officially declared him as 'her fish' lol. She named him Benny. :P

ditto

ummm sixline?

Dangnabit. Why are you guys so smart?! :blink:

And I didn't want to get him in the beginning. He's just a baby fish though - about an inch long. He was being chased around by the other wrasses and kept hiding behind the airstone. My mum suggested we pick him up. After tons of pleading and me being brainwashed by aliens and pod people, I complied. He's ever the sweet thing though. I'm hoping he'll mix around with the others well enough - I heard that as long as there's plenty of room for a fish to call it's own turf and explore, then there shouldn't be a problem.

This of course means I can't get a dragonet in the future since Benny will compete with him for pods. :(

But I'm planning on adding one more last fish this December and calling the tank stocked/overstocked as it is. I might have a steady set-up, but sometimes too much of a good thing isn't necessarily good.

Sixlines swim every inch of your tank. They are extremely fun to watch. Im sure he will be fine.

When I upgrade in the future I will definitely have one again. Been tempted to get one now but my 13.3 is too small for one. :(

Sixlines swim every inch of your tank. They are extremely fun to watch. Im sure he will be fine.

When I upgrade in the future I will definitely have one again. Been tempted to get one now but my 13.3 is too small for one. :(

That sounds promising! I always love to see fish up and about in my tank. The present three in the DT are always showing up on the corals and the like - can't wait to add Benny to the mix. And yeah, 13.3G is too small for one, sadly. But I think he'll be a great fish in your bigger tank once it's up and running. :)

That sounds promising! I always love to see fish up and about in my tank. The present three in the DT are always showing up on the corals and the like - can't wait to add Benny to the mix. And yeah, 13.3G is too small for one, sadly. But I think he'll be a great fish in your bigger tank once it's up and running. :)

Yup for now ill enjoy my clowns, which im still waiting for them to notice the nem!! :/

Yup for now ill enjoy my clowns, which im still waiting for them to notice the nem!! :/

Lol, clowns are weird. Mine are hosting my in-tank fuge box of all things. Every night I get to watch them bouncing on the Chaeto before sleeping. :mellow:

I love sixlines and semi-aggressive fish. Semi-aggressive fish always seem more active and "spunky".

You won't see any aggression from him until he matures and grows so he should be good for awhile. Hopefully he will matures into a docile sixline and you won't ever see aggression. My sixline in my mantis tank is not too bad so far, he chases the yellowtail damsel around during food time is all. Poor damsel, the clown bosses him around too. Hehe... luckily damsels don't care and don't seem to stress over it.

Loved my last sixline! My female clown kept him in check. I probably am not going to do one in my new tank though as it's more peaceful of a tank.

I love mine for sure and you saw that last pic of him eating a white brittle star that made him look like a catfish. He will sleep most likely on his side somewhere, mine sleeps on a ledge in back. I like the way they swim/glide, thus....named him Slide. I love the sparkle they have in their eyes. He will also nab food out of acans and duncans too though- he's alwaaaaaays hungry.

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement guys. Sorry for the late response - i am running a very high fever and am currently experiencing some chest pain. Been barely looking into the tanks yesterday. :( But my parents are helping me keep an eye on things. Benny is still doing fine though. His antics in the qt keep my thoughts away from the pain. :)

Take that fever seriously, the stomach flu ugly bug is going around and if you have a fever too long, too high you can do some internal damage.

Archived