Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Shadow's 16G Disaster. Fumigation Poisoned the Tank and Crashed It.

Snow_Phoenix

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW: I love how your corals are big colonies and not piss ant frags like mine. lol

Lol, they're not very big actually - maybe only six inches across tops. :P We can't seem to get any small frags here - I was insanely lucky to snag that Galaxea frag (around 2 inches) because if ever there are frags at my LFS, they get sold off rather quickly. But I personally prefer mini colonies --> not too big, not too small. :)

And yours aren't piss ant frags lol.

Lol, they're not very big actually - maybe only six inches across tops. :P We can't seem to get any small frags here - I was insanely lucky to snag that Galaxea frag (around 2 inches) because if ever there are frags at my LFS, they get sold off rather quickly. But I personally prefer mini colonies --> not too big, not too small. :)

And yours aren't piss ant frags lol.

That is HUGE considering I buy some corals that are like a 1-3 polyps. lol They grow.. eventually but ya.. I started with ONE red hornet and it is like 15 now so I'm at least proud of that lol

That is HUGE considering I buy some corals that are like a 1-3 polyps. lol They grow.. eventually but ya.. I started with ONE red hornet and it is like 15 now so I'm at least proud of that lol

Really? Lol, I consider them average over here -> take the People Eater polyps I just purchased for example. It's actually classified as 'Small-Medium' hehe. I've seen a 1' long frogspawn colony for sale before, and it was called 'XL' size. :P

How much does it cost to purchase a colony instead of a frag over there, btw? Is it very expensive?

Really? Lol, I consider them average over here -> take the People Eater polyps I just purchased for example. It's actually classified as 'Small-Medium' hehe. I've seen a 1' long frogspawn colony for sale before, and it was called 'XL' size. :P

How much does it cost to purchase a colony instead of a frag over there, btw? Is it very expensive?

Yeah, it is spendy depending on what you buy. If it is a common zoa.. then it won't be much and can get a good size colony. But if it is semi rare then they charge by the polyp usually. I think when I got my red hornet it was $25 per polyp which is why I only bought one. When I bought a common one.. I paid like $5 or $10 and got like 15-20 heads.

I have a slight problem. I have several hitchiker rock crabs that are probably less than half and inch long and excellent scavengers, but aren't exactly reef-safe. I just noticed one of them picking on my Fire and Ice zoas, and has actually munched on several polyps. How do I get them out when they're so tiny and nocturnal?

Also, I keep switching my stocking plans, so bear with me.

Livestock I currently have besides a wide variety of inverts:

2 Occy clownfish

1 Yellow Clown Goby

Livestock that seems to catch my eye:

Neon damsel (Allen's damsel)

Scooter Dragonet

Clown Blenny/Bicolor Blenny

Hi-Fin Red-Banded Goby

Will the remaining four fish 'fit' into my tank, or is it too overstocked? I'm using a Weipro SA-2013 skimmer and have a 30G which is 2.5' long. My parents keep insisting on a blue fish, and I admit the idea has me piqued. The only common damsels available here are Fiji Blue Devils, Allen's Damsel, Domino Damsel, Three-Stripe/Four-Stripe, Kupang Damsel, Yellowtail Damsel, Azure Damsel.

I am honestly considering adding a blue fish that won't be too much of a bioload, and something very active. Even Cherub Angels have me fascinated, but they appear to have a large bioload. Gudgeons jump - my previous one did, even though I had a lid on. Blue Reef Chromis aren't available here, I've checked. I could do a Coral beauty, but it may nip my polyps.

Is your skimmer skimming clear? It looks clear.

I'd prob risk a damsel cuz I love damsels but add it last.

Actually it's a very dilute brown in color - it's wet-skimming (as usual grrr...).

Okay, which means the damsel goes after the Scooter, right?

Actually it's a very dilute brown in color - it's wet-skimming (as usual grrr...).

Okay, which means the damsel goes after the Scooter, right?

Yeah. My misbar occy keeps my damsel in check. She chases the damsel around but no harm is done.

Yeah. My misbar occy keeps my damsel in check. She chases the damsel around but no harm is done.

Okay, no worries then, I can wait. :)

As for the clown blenny, it's quite expensive this time around and virtually unaffordable (on my part) right now, so I have to opt for a Bicolor. Bicolors have just as much personality, although maybe they aren't as exotic or unique.

Okay, no worries then, I can wait. :)

As for the clown blenny, it's quite expensive this time around and virtually unaffordable (on my part) right now, so I have to opt for a Bicolor. Bicolors have just as much personality, although maybe they aren't as exotic or unique.

Just watch him for nipping, especially if you get a clam. They are kind of known for that. My husband will be sad if you don't have a clown blenny.. he asked me what your avatar was and why we didn't have one. lol

Just watch him for nipping, especially if you get a clam. They are kind of known for that. My husband will be sad if you don't have a clown blenny.. he asked me what your avatar was and why we didn't have one. lol

Oh, darn. I was planning on getting a clam in the long-term. I decided to go ixnay on the nem and go with the clam instead. >.<

Haha, then I shall see first. If I can save enough money, I might just be able to get a clown blenny. But maybe in December - for Christmas or something. :) This of course means I won't be getting the Bicolor if I get the clown. It's a pity blennies don't get along. Otherwise I'd have a tankful of them! :)

Oh, darn. I was planning on getting a clam in the long-term. I decided to go ixnay on the nem and go with the clam instead. >.<

Haha, then I shall see first. If I can save enough money, I might just be able to get a clown blenny. But maybe in December - for Christmas or something. :) This of course means I won't be getting the Bicolor if I get the clown. It's a pity blennies don't get along. Otherwise I'd have a tankful of them! :)

Was it maybe just that shipment that was expensive? I'm not sure how it works there. I tried to find your blenny here and they wanted like $130. I plan on having my 'dream' fish once I move to my next apt/house. Maybe I will get one then.

Was it maybe just that shipment that was expensive? I'm not sure how it works there. I tried to find your blenny here and they wanted like $130. I plan on having my 'dream' fish once I move to my next apt/house. Maybe I will get one then.

Could be. But also because this little guy is from Cebu, and generally this is a new supplier. I noticed from the previous batch that this supplier provides healthier fish as compared to the previous, cheaper supplier. I'd rather fork out extra cash and get a healthy fish that's eating/parasite-free than a cheaper, sickly one. And $130 sounds quite reasonable actually, for a clown blenny. Do upload pictures if you ever get one. :)

For the unwanted crab, put a little food into a slender glass and put it upright against the rock, it'll crawl in but shouldn't be able to get out. That's the one thing I don't have is crabs, seems I got everything else. But...that's alright, just because I got rocks doesn't mean I have to get CRABS!!

For the unwanted crab, put a little food into a slender glass and put it upright against the rock, it'll crawl in but shouldn't be able to get out. That's the one thing I don't have is crabs, seems I got everything else. But...that's alright, just because I got rocks doesn't mean I have to get CRABS!!

Thanks, I shall try that! I have a few of the little guys to catch. I don't want them to keep feasting on my zoas. :(

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: That blenny!

Yes, he's such a looker, isn't he? :) I miss my dear Pico very much...Would love to get a replacement. Had we lived nearby, I would totally get one for you for Christmas. :)

Okay, I have a zoa-eating Bobbit worm in my tank. Need to get it out quickly - am doing as much reading as I can to set up a trap/douse the LR in stuff etc. Hope and pray I catc every single part of it. :(

Yes, he's such a looker, isn't he? :) I miss my dear Pico very much...Would love to get a replacement. Had we lived nearby, I would totally get one for you for Christmas. :)

Okay, I have a zoa-eating Bobbit worm in my tank. Need to get it out quickly - am doing as much reading as I can to set up a trap/douse the LR in stuff etc. Hope and pray I catc every single part of it. :(

Lure it into open sand and catch it with tweezers. Or grill tongs if it's larger.

Lure it into open sand and catch it with tweezers. Or grill tongs if it's larger.

I tried that last night with a small piece of Jumbo shrimp, but he never came out. Plus my clownfish stole the jumbo shrimp piece from my tweezers - thinking it was for her as I was waving it around the LR crevice. <_<

I tried that last night with a small piece of Jumbo shrimp, but he never came out. Plus my clownfish stole the jumbo shrimp piece from my tweezers - thinking it was for her as I was waving it around the LR crevice. <_<

Haha, this happens when I try to feed Ivy sometimes. Dang damsels stealing huge pieces of food.

Okay, I've tried everything I could. A variety of concentrated dips from Malachite Green, Crystal Violet to Methylene Blue, Freshwater and Iodine. Only got a ton of crabs and clams falling out, but nothing else. Gave the rocks a good DI rinse before putting it back in the display. Am going to set up a trap for the Bobbit worm. A DIY bottle trap. Wish me luck. :mellow:

oh ew those are creepy. actually more like terrifying. I just looked at my tank like "wtf is going to come out of my lr?"

can you even put the rock back in the tank after all of those chems? I don't even know what they are.

Archived