ReefCleaners.org

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Just bought one of this today. Mine is a little darker than this, more toward purple. I am putting it at high light area, hope it will turn lighter pink like this one! It's very pretty!

Saw one on PacificEastAquaculture. Pink stylophora right? I hope to get one soon too. How are your SPS doing? My pink birdnest has STN =(. I think it's from lack of flow. Pisses me off because when I add a Koralia 425 into the tank, all my LPS and softies blow around like a tornado landed. Without the 425, my SPS is not getting enough flow. Mixed reef is a pain in the butt. I should just get a MP10 but it's expensive. *sigh*.

Looks really nice! Seems like I should return both clowns to my friends and get more of these pretty looking guys. I am planning to get couple more sexy shrimps too, so they can dance together. haha

Shrimps dont add that much bioload. Your clowns are here to stay. They add so much to your tank.

• Like 1

Post the new stuff in pictures already!!!

Haha... I am still waiting for my macro lens to arrive. I got a 65mm Macro last week but it was so hard to use so I returned it. I have a 100mm Macro in a UPS truck now, should arrive on Wednesday. :)

• Like 2

Haha... I am still waiting for my macro lens to arrive. I got a 65mm Macro last week but it was so hard to use so I returned it. I have a 100mm Macro in a UPS truck now, should arrive on Wednesday. :)

65mm not long enough. 100mm ftw.

• Like 2

Saw one on PacificEastAquaculture. Pink stylophora right? I hope to get one soon too. How are your SPS doing? My pink birdnest has STN =(. I think it's from lack of flow. Pisses me off because when I add a Koralia 425 into the tank, all my LFS and softies blow around like a tornado landed. Without the 425, my SPS is not getting enough flow. Mixed reef is a pain in the butt. I should just get a MP10 but it's expensive. *sigh*.

Shrimps dont add that much bioload. Your clowns are here to stay. They add so much to your tank.

My SPS are all doing very good I think. At least color doesn't fade or bleach, my raspberry lemon is turning even more vivid color. I have also noticed my idaho grape monti grown thicker as well. I've learn that monti or acro will grown thicker if the flow is strong, so I think my pump is doing a good job. I also bought a guard to cover the top of MP10 to prevent water spill out of tank, so I can now turn my MP10 to level 5. :)

Yea. I saw this ORA Pink Stylo at store, it is the only one there and looks very different from others. It just stood out in all those SPS so I decided to take it home. You should get it! Very pretty in person. It will turn bright pink under strong light, thats what I am trying to achieve now, I can use this coral to determine if my lighting is bright enough. :P

65mm not long enough. 100mm ftw.

The 65mm I bought is 5x lens, not like 100mm 1x lens. 65mm is completely manual lens, no focus ring either, you focus by moving lens forward or backward. It is too hard to use, people use those to shoot something very very small... like a fly's eye... spider's hair...etc.

• Like 2

I think what you need is a designer clown!!

I was thinking a platinum clown or a black snowflake for yours.

DSC_0106-1.jpg

$%28KGrHqF,%21nsFGzcK5McwBRwhE+S+3g~~60_

Ahh that mp10 shield is going to grow algae...pita to clean lol, but useful for shallow reefs. :)

• Like 3

I think what you need is a designer clown!!

I was thinking a platinum clown or a black snowflake for yours.

Ahh that mp10 shield is going to grow algae...pita to clean lol, but useful for shallow reefs. :)

The designer clown looks so weird to me, but they are very special I think. It's definitely different from others, but I still not sure if I like it though. Haha...

Yea. I figured it will grown algae over time. It will be nice if they make glass one like all ADA products! It will be much easier to clean. :P

• Like 1

Never liked bionic but I see a lot of tanks that have success with it.

I am new to these alk dosing things. It was a little expensive but I figured a one gallon jar should last me forever and no need to mix dry powder...etc.

• Like 2

Noticed these guys (I believe they are asternia starfish) eating off my coralline algae so decided to removed them! So far, only see this much, I hope I already removed them all.

post-82095-0-31716600-1384770542_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Noticed these guys (I believe they are asternia starfish) eating off my coralline algae so decided to removed them! So far, only see this much, I hope I already removed them all.

From what I can tell these guys are hit or miss with being a nuisance

• Like 1

I found two today in my tank munching on some zoas, so I pulled them and tossed em.

• Like 2

From what I can tell these guys are hit or miss with being a nuisance

They eat coraline? Hmmmm I've always had white ones, never black lolol.

I actually saw them leave trails of bleach/lighter color passes on my coralline algae. I knew two of them came from a coral I purchased locally but thought it may not hurt much to leave them in the tank according to what I read from the forum. But since then, I started to notice my coralline algae getting lighter color in some area, that's when I started to pay attention on them and noticed they actually did eat the coralline algae. They don't completed removed thick layer of coralline algae but they do make them look lighter in color and ugly.

I found two today in my tank munching on some zoas, so I pulled them and tossed em.

I did not see they eat my zoas but I think black ones are the mean ones, white ones seem to behave better. I won't be surprised if these black ones start eating my zoas too. :)

• Like 1

Do you planted guys breed your shrimp like the hero guys breed their dart frogs/geckos? Either way, your reef and planted tank are very cool.

Thanks!

What do you mean "hero guys breed their dart frogs/geckos"? Sorry don't quite get your question. Haha

Aw man autocorrect got me. I meant "herp"

Haha... not familiar with Herp but as for just Crystal Shrimps, there are many different breeders worldwide. The most popular ones are from Japan, Taiwan and German. There are also worldwide competitions about Crystal Shrimps. Crystal Shrimps has many different categories... black, red, sonw white, golden... etc and grades of A, S, SS, SSS, PRL...etc, also different patterns like crown, flower, mosura, no-entry, hinomaru, v-band... etc. Kind of complicated... :D A truly high grade one with best colors and patterns can go up to thousands of dollars. omgomgomg

• Like 1