ReefCleaners.org

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Looks great

those grommets worked out a lot better than the plugs.

Thanks! Yea. I couldn't find any plug that will work well and couldn't find small grommets either. I ended up ordering these 1" grommets on Amazon which works out perfectly!! Thanks again!

Report!

Nitrate ~0.3
Phosphate 0
Alkalinity 7.5 (slowly raise it up to 9)
Calcium 412

Corals seems doing fine. Polyps extend out all day long. Been feeding Korallen-Zucht Nano Power Package so no nitrate or phosphate increase. Also feeding Seachem Zooplankton to make both coral and filter feeders happy. Seachem does increase phosphate but not much since I only feed 0.3ml per week.

131109-01s.jpg

131109-02s.jpg

131109-05s.jpg

131109-06s.jpg

131109-07s.jpg

131109-08s.jpg

131109-09s.jpg

131109-10s.jpg

131109-11s.jpg

131109-13s.jpg

131109-15s.jpg

131109-16s.jpg

AND.... NO MORE UGLY WIRE!!

131109-00s.jpg

• Like 9

I use Canon 5DII with 24-70mm L lens. :)

lol...sorry. that was an insult calling it the T2i. How are you able to get macro shots with the 24-70?? Crop? How do you get the blue cast out of the pictures?

My friend shoots with the 5D II and all L lens. We went to Europe together and he bought all his gear in a freaking roller. Combined, we had like $15k worth of equipment on us as we walked / trained / hiked all over Europe. Entire time, I told him if we get robbed, it's his damn L lens' fault.

• Like 2

lol...sorry. that was an insult calling it the T2i. How are you able to get macro shots with the 24-70?? Crop? How do you get the blue cast out of the pictures?

My friend shoots with the 5D II and all L lens. We went to Europe together and he bought all his gear in a freaking roller. Combined, we had like $15k worth of equipment on us as we walked / trained / hiked all over Europe. Entire time, I told him if we get robbed, it's his damn L lens' fault.

LOL! No worry! I know. L are expensive but it's worth the extra though. Besides, the resale value are usually very good if you take good care of it.

Temperature and Saturation sliders in Lightroom will take care of the blue cast, but you should set custom white balance on your camera though. It will make your job much easier in Lightroom or any photo editing software. :)

• Like 2

Holy balls that's AMAZING! This thread has pretty much solidified my downsizing plans!

One more question on the stand, is the back of the stand that foldable thin foldable wood stuff, or is it solid mdf? I'm going to get the AI tank mount and want to bolt it to the back, I think it'll be fine either way but would perfer for it to be solid.

• Like 1

Holy balls that's AMAZING! This thread has pretty much solidified my downsizing plans!

One more question on the stand, is the back of the stand that foldable thin foldable wood stuff, or is it solid mdf? I'm going to get the AI tank mount and want to bolt it to the back, I think it'll be fine either way but would perfer for it to be solid.

Haha. Thanks!

It's the thin foldable stuff, might be too thin for extension mount though. How about mount it on the side, instead of on the back?

LOL! No worry! I know. L are expensive but it's worth the extra though. Besides, the resale value are usually very good if you take good care of it.

Temperature and Saturation sliders in Lightroom will take care of the blue cast, but you should set custom white balance on your camera though. It will make your job much easier in Lightroom or any photo editing software. :)

What white balance are you using?

That's how my friend justifies his camera spending to his wife. "It's an investment". He just got the 100mm L macro. I am gonna rob him one day for his gear...

• Like 2

I thought about that, but the mount does say you can bolt it in with 4 bolts, so I figure that may possibly be enough? How thick is the lip on the top? Maybe it could mount to that?

• Like 1

What white balance are you using?

That's how my friend justifies his camera spending to his wife. "It's an investment". He just got the 100mm L macro. I am gonna rob him one day for his gear...

100mm L Macro will be an awesome lens for reef tank macro shots! I actually ordered a macro lens too just couple days ago. I can't wait to use it on the tank. It's not L though, it's MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro.

You can custom set your white balance using a neutral grey color board or any neutral grey flat smooth material. Put the neutral grey board under the light, and take a photo of it. Then go to your custom white balance setting to use that photo as reference to set your custom white balance. Try it! :)

Yoyoyoyoyo, hey man, how did you do that wire hiding installation?? And how much were the parts?? Or did you not do it yourself?

10 bucks! Haha... just the cost of grommets if you have all the drilling tools, or just borrow from someone. You drill two 1" holes on top and on the bottom, then guide your wire using wire cloth hanger, then just plug those desk grommets in. That's it! There is wood studs every 16" so make sure you don't drill it to the studs. You can use stud finder to find the stud or just measure 16" from the edge of the wall, every 16" there will be a stud, just drill between every 16".

• Like 2

I thought about that, but the mount does say you can bolt it in with 4 bolts, so I figure that may possibly be enough? How thick is the lip on the top? Maybe it could mount to that?

Just over 1", not very thick either. Or if you plan to put the stand against back wall, maybe mount the extension mount on the wall?

Damn, is there a tutorial video on youtube for that? How should I type the keyword in? I mean what should I type as keyword? Grommet? Thanks.

Haha... let me search it for you.

Here it is...

This is hiding TV wire, but basically the same!

And here is grommets I bought. I use 1" grommets, you need to make sure your wire will fit through 1" hole. Mine barely fit through it!

http://www.amazon.com/White-Desk-Grommet-Pack/dp/B000NJ4QXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384059126&sr=8-1&keywords=desk+grommet+1%22+white

• Like 1

Damn, that looks like work ahah. Thanks again man. So I'm assuming you drilled where the light is and at the bottom portion of the wall aligned to it?

Yes!

It's not that bad though. Drilling the easy part, guiding the wire through is a little challenging but overall not bad.

• Like 1

Yes!

It's not that bad though. Drilling the easy part, guiding the wire through is a little challenging but overall not bad.

Heck, I think I'll have a professional do it for me for high wirings in the house when I get my own place. This way I don't need to buy the tools and all. It's too risky for myself to be doing that pro work lol.

• Like 1

Your reef looks awesome and your planted tank looks sick too! I have been contemplating trying planted out but ughh reefing already takes enough time lol

Thank you th64! Planted tank is only time consuming at earlier stage. Once it's stable, it will be just weekly water change and once a week dosage of additives for plants and trimming. :)

Thank you th64! Planted tank is only time consuming at earlier stage. Once it's stable, it will be just weekly water change and once a week dosage of additives for plants and trimming. :)

Which is why you need to leave that fw craze behind! :)

SW for the win.

• Like 1

Just over 1", not very thick either. Or if you plan to put the stand against back wall, maybe mount the extension mount on the wall?

Haha... let me search it for you.

Here it is...

This is hiding TV wire, but basically the same!

And here is grommets I bought. I use 1" grommets, you need to make sure your wire will fit through 1" hole. Mine barely fit through it!

http://www.amazon.com/White-Desk-Grommet-Pack/dp/B000NJ4QXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384059126&sr=8-1&keywords=desk+grommet+1%22+white

Yeah, that actually may work! AI states that you can mount it vertically on the top of the stand, and order the pipe to length.. sounds like that may work, I'll email AI for some pics, thanks again bro!

• Like 1

Red Sea Phosphate Pro Test Kit for sale!! Brand new! Never been used!

Price is $35

I ordered this kit wrong when I ordered Nitrate kit. Already got a Phosphate Checker so need to sell this one.

Let me know if you want it. Local pickup or I can meet you in Bellevue.

post-82095-0-70061700-1384066899_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Red Sea Phosphate Pro Test Kit for sale!! Brand new! Never been used!

Price is $35

I ordered this kit wrong when I ordered Nitrate kit. Already got a Phosphate Checker so need to sell this one.

Let me know if you want it. Local pickup or I can meet you in Bellevue.

You should probably sell that over to "Hardware Classifieds"

Here's the link. http://www.nano-reef.com/forum/11-hardware-classifieds/

P.S. I think you should get rid of the wired Ai pictures in your 1st post. :)

Like this.

11/09/13 - No more ugly wire! Also moved encrusting montipora to different locations.

131109-00s.jpg

SETUP

ADA 60F Cube Garden (24"x12"x7") ~8.5 Gallons

Aqua Illumination Hydra LED

EcoTech VorTech MP10

Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152

FISH

Ocellaris Clown Fish (2)

[had 3, returned 1 to breeder, too much bio-load]

Randall's Prawn Goby

[10/23-10/29 clowns gang picked on him, deceased on 7th day. RIP]

INVERT