Coral Vue Hydros

Dubber's In-Wall 29 Gallon

iadubber

Canon 6D? My dream camera that I'll never be able to afford... :closedeyes:

It's really come down in price since I've bought it. You can get a refurb or used for under $1500 usually. What are you shooting with now? I had the 7D for three years and was my workhorse until I sold it to "upgrade" to the 6D.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really come down in price since I've bought it. You can get a refurb or used for under $1500 usually. What are you shooting with now? I had the 7D for three years and was my workhorse until I sold it to "upgrade" to the 6D.

Yeah, that's my only chance, is to get it used. I just need the body too. The new 70D is promising, and can be a nice compromise, but I've got full frame envy! How do you like the 6D?

Currently shooting with an ancient Rebel xti (400D), which still does the job, but low light / indoor shooting is horrible, even at F1.4

Yeah, that's my only chance, is to get it used. I just need the body too. The new 70D is promising, and can be a nice compromise, but I've got full frame envy! How do you like the 6D?

Currently shooting with an ancient Rebel xti (400D), which still does the job, but low light / indoor shooting is horrible, even at F1.4

I honestly haven't shot a lot with it. I got it in September which is winding down time for my summer photography of kids, families, and seniors. Overall I like it a lot. Low light is fantastic. AF is ok, nothing like the 7D/5DIII/1DX/1D4/1D3. I miss the joystick on the back for focus point selection, but the xti doesn't have it so you wouldn't miss it. I'll tell you that my 135L and the 6D is a mind melting combo, so creamy.

Ugh, I am so jealous of your reef room! Everything looks great!

Tanks! (pun intended)

Added lastnight: three head frogspawn

Delivery today

Four Turbos

1 Green Ricordia

1 Picasso

1 Misbar

I was worried about the livestock. I ordered from Saltwaterfish.com. It's been COOOOOLD up here in Iowa. I was afraid they'd be dead on arrival. Turns out they were pretty peppy so far. I acclimated for two hours and now they are in QT and already eating. Lets hope they stay that way.

I planned on possibly dosing cupramine as a preventative measure but can't find it locally.

I realized after working on my most recent project that size seems to always be a limiting factor especially when making decisions on stocking a tank. Maybe it's a good excuse for a bigger tank down the road?

It'll probably be what I work on this coming year. My wife would kill me if I upped to the 29 right now.

The thing is the 20 Long is my longtime freshwater favorite. I've had a few freshwater 20 Longs and I love them. For some reason when sitting at my desk I want to see just a bit more depth in my tank. And I'd like something with black silicone. I priced it out and for a tank, overflow/return kit from glassholes, new sand, and paint the back glass I'm at about $200 which isn't bad I guess. I need to stay in the 30/30.25" wide tanks though.

Some updates:

My epoxy job came loose on my overhang rock. Now it looks like crap honestly. I don't know if my plastic rod is going to hold up. I might have to pull it out and re-epoxy them together.

My Clowns seem to be doing fine. But I am noticing some odd behavior from my more submissive Picasso. When I get home I feed them and it's usually wedged under my PVC elbow. But as soon as I show up it pops right out and eats and moves around like nothing is happening. I've just never witnessed this before in any of my previous clowns.

ATO is out for delivery

Ordered a moonlight setup on Amazon today. As well as cupramine and a copper test just in case the clowns take a turn for the worse in QT. I checked PetCo and Petsmart locally and neither had any copper treatments or tests.

My clowns are pretty lazy and lounge around when no one is watching, they are very active when someone is in the room or walks past the tank though (greedy guts think they are going to be fed). I have noticed that the clowns are more active during the day since I have changed the flow through my tank though, they have to fight against the current less and seem more 'energetic'.

My clowns are pretty lazy and lounge around when no one is watching, they are very active when someone is in the room or walks past the tank though (greedy guts think they are going to be fed). I have noticed that the clowns are more active during the day since I have changed the flow through my tank though, they have to fight against the current less and seem more 'energetic'.

Thanks. Yeah she, I'll call it she for now, seems healthy when I am around. Just seems weird how she shimmies and wedges herself against the bottom of the pvc elbow. I had to sneak in to take these pics so she wouldn't come up to me.

11316905426_6548a0e0e7_b.jpg

11316849755_0029014c41_b.jpg

ATO arrived damaged so it's on it's way back to Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

The inevitable has happened. I've been noticing my plastic rods were bending a bit and my epoxy didn't hold the overhang rock up. The two rocks came down on top of my hairy mushroom. Hoping he lives, I did a total rescape lastnight with a two island theme that I like more. Just because of the fact there are more hiding spots for fish now.

the old scape was more unique, but honestly I like this one better.. looking good dubber..

I agree on the uniqueness of the last one, it just didn't work out how I'd hoped. This new one is great and I like the coral placement alot better as well.

Archived