inTank Media Baskets

Dubber's In-Wall 29 Gallon

iadubber

This is an awesome build man, I really like the idea of the overhead reservoirs. Are you still considering a goby with the hawaiian black sand? I would like this sand in my tank but have read it may be too coarse for goby's.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is an awesome build man, I really like the idea of the overhead reservoirs. Are you still considering a goby with the hawaiian black sand? I would like this sand in my tank but have read it may be too coarse for goby's.

I haven't thought about it much waiting but you are right, it is very coarse. I'd have to do some more research on gobies.

Nitrites are still hanging around. I'm thinking next week the cycle will be close to done. Then I'll wait another week and do some PWCs to get the nitrates out.

currently setting up a sump. On order are an eshopps pf nano overflow and return tube. Planning a 15tall or 10 gallon fuge and sump. I will keep the AC70 for a qt tank. Hopefully I can get the CPR to work hanging on the sump. I picked up an aqueon 2300 quiet one pump today as well.

Well, you think you have done enough research I didn't know the Apex Jr didn't have a variable speed port to control the LEDs out of the box. So I guess off hunting for a used VDM.

got my nitrite test kit delivered today. Still off the charts. It IS only week two. :) Sucks too as a local reefer has a nice mating pair of clowns and a YWG for sale. Surely they'll be gone before this cycle is overwith.

as dark as the chart goes in 5 minutes. I probably could do a couple PWCs and see where we end up. I dosed a lot of ammonia in this tank. Bringing it up to 6ppm the first day and 4-5ppm many times after the ammonia started processing. I've since stopped dosing ammonia.

Well, you think you have done enough research I didn't know the Apex Jr didn't have a variable speed port to control the LEDs out of the box. So I guess off hunting for a used VDM.

what does this mean?

wow.such.chris

The only purpose budgets serve is to chuckle at later... Do it right or don't do it at all is my motto. With a build as sleek as this youre going to be happy you've chosen high end products. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing this baby stocked!

This hobby and budget can not coexist

I did learn that last time. I get too impatient. I wanted to start slow, then add on items as I went. I just decided hell with it and get what I need right away.

The only purpose budgets serve is to chuckle at later... Do it right or don't do it at all is my motto.

Isn't that the truth.

Looks good! Can't wait to see some coral in this thing!

Me either!! I've been home this week working and it sucks looking at an empty tank next to my desk. I've got local reefers waiting to frag zoas for me.

what does this mean?

I didn't realize the Jr didn't have the ports built in to run the 0-10v dimmer cable that my light has. So I had to order the VDM instead of getting the WXM which I had planned on.

So it's been three weeks since I started the tank. Yesterday I got false readings for nitrite. I tested again twice this morning and there were no nitrites present. Amm was 0 and nitrates were 40ppm. I did an 8 gallon PWC on lunch break and the nitrates are under 20 now if I am to trust the readings. I don't plan on stocking with any livestock until sometime in December. I might however add some zoas the 30th when my local guy will have some dragon eyes, eagle eyes, armor of god, and the lavender mushroom fragged and ready for me.

Last week I upgraded from an API kit to a RedSea kit, the RedSea is easily head and shoulders above the API in terms of accuracy. I hear the Salifert ones are really good as well. If you want to double check your levels I would take a water sample to a trusted LFS, they should do the test for free and use higher quality/more accurate testers for better piece of mind. During my cycle my API kit was telling me my Ammonia and Nitrate were both 0, I got my LFS to test my water (Hanna Checkers) and it turned out that I would have killed the fish I was planning on adding. I find it always good to get a second opinion :).

Archived