inTank Media Baskets

Dubber's In-Wall 29 Gallon

iadubber

*VDM in previous post

Sump built, filled and overflow tuned up. DT looks so much cleaner now.
Still some microbubbles but 99% better than when the cpr was hanging on the DT. Still tuning and breaking in the bak pak 2.
11030468903_504fe6c823_b.jpg
I decided no fuge for now. I plan to keep mostly zoas so a little dirtier water won't bother me.
11030470143_436ac3007e_b.jpg
11030421144_062f384c80_b.jpg
11030264865_2090993e60_b.jpg
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's going on with the hoses in the overflow? Hope you don't have one up in the u tube..

Looks a lot cleaner plumbed :)

And your scape is really aesthetically pleasing..

Lol I just didn't want you to have a flood ;)

I shoved that airline down in the drain and if you get it in far enough it takes away the gurgling/splashing if you have any.. It may vary based on your drain pipe and return pump..

I'm excited to see more..

if you want it to look good from the back, buy some hard plastic/acrylic sheets or something similar and cover it.. cut them to fit and you can glue the panels to the plastic rim of the tank. but IMO, it's the back.. it can look bad and it's all good.. you could hit it with some touch up if the light showing through bothers you.. just spray some spraypaint into a bowl and brush/dab it on..

Picked up some corals today

Some armor of god, green bay packer, dragon eye, eagle eye, lavender mushroom, with a free green plating coral and birdsnest he through in for nothing.

Some of the zoas didn't open up yet but I couldn't resist finally taking some pics.

11124856804_c42d02a520_b.jpg

11124796595_8b8b057259_b.jpg

11124859914_2e023d1f79_b.jpg

11124969103_453d015bbb_b.jpg

patrickbruno91

Very nice scape, It gives it a more depth feel in the center with how you have the overhang and the scape on the right curving slightly to the left. Grow out on this will look nice!

These were with my Canon 6D, a full set of extension tubes, and my Canon 85mm 1.8. Sadly I sold my Canon 100L macro lens this past summer, so I'm currently looking for a used Tamron 90mm Macro instead. The extension tubes suck balls.

lol happy to hear was thinking of extensions tubes I guess i'll just bite the bullet and get the real deal !

Let me clarify....I have the "dumb" tubes, so i have to set the aperture with the lens on the camera, hold the DOF button to activate it, and at the same time twist off the lens. Then mount the tubes and the lens on the tubes. If I would have opted for the extension tubes with the electrical contacts I might not have bad things to say about them. It is awfully nice having a dedicated macro lens though. With the tubes you lose so much working distance. I'd prefer to be a little farther from the glass then the tubes put me.

Here's a quick video I shot lastnight. I have never turned the video feature on, on any of my DSLRs until last night. This was shot with my EOS-M and 22mm pancake.

Archived