Now lets get some corals in this thang

:lol::ninja:

Lots of pulsing xenia!

You know i like xenia but it gets tough to control

Really? I hope not, hype can do way better then that

IMO Xenia is a beautiful soft coral

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

What are your thoughts on cleaners? I've been tempted to get a shrimp, but I like to target-feed my LPS and I'm afraid that it would be a thief in there.

What are your thoughts on cleaners? I've been tempted to get a shrimp, but I like to target-feed my LPS and I'm afraid that it would be a thief in there.

They are definitely thiefs but theyre really cool thiefs that are worth the hassle. You have to feed the shrimp first and once hes stuffed or preoccupied move on to your LPS.

• Like 1

Really? I hope not, hype can do way better then that

Lol. Coralist. :D

:lol::ninja:

You know i like xenia but it gets tough to control

IMO Xenia is a beautiful soft coral

I think the same.

Xenia is da debil.

Nah.

:lol: The times ive kept it ive always isolated it to its own piece of live rock to prevent it from spreading.

Exactly.

• Like 1
llama roadkill

DO IT. FORNICATE THE LPS. :lol:

But if you are worried about it stealing, don't get it. Food rarely reaches the bottom of my tank! (Granted I feed like 2 pellets at a time because I have no fish :( )

• Like 1

Well idk i just saw your old tank and i figured this one would be just as nice... Nicer, but since it's your tank do what you like

:P

Those halides look so good. If only they were cheaper to run...

Thanks man. yea i agree but i do think they're worth the expense. I havent found any other lighting(man made) that can replicate the look.

Thanks man. yea i agree but i do think they're worth the expense. I havent found any other lighting(man made) that can replicate the look.

I agree 100%, but I unfortunately can't afford it on a big tank, one 400w pendant is a lot consumption wise and it just doesn't give enough spread for what I have.

But yours sure helps your tank look awesome!

I agree 100%, but I unfortunately can't afford it on a big tank, one 400w pendant is a lot consumption wise and it just doesn't give enough spread for what I have.

But yours sure helps your tank look awesome!

No i totally agree with you its way too expensive to run on larger systems especially when you factor in the heat but fortunately my tank is small and because of evaporative cooling the tank isnt affected by the heat from the halide.

Thanks man it definitely helped complete the look i was going for.

• Like 2

:lol: The times ive kept it ive always isolated it to its own piece of live rock to prevent it from spreading.

That no workey..it will break off float free and attach where you least expect it :P I am still trying to get rid of it years later <_<

that is a lot for a small tank-mine has a 48x30 footprint and is half that

Well your tank is only minimally affected by ambient temperature. A zeroedges temperature is directly influenced by its surroundings. So if choose to set your tanks temperature cooler or warmer than the ambient temperatur your heating or cooling system will have to work harder. Evaporation is the byproduct of that struggle. Conversely if you allow ambient temperature to dictate your tanks temp then evaporation is dramatically less.

That no workey..it will break off float free and attach where you least expect it :P I am still trying to get rid of it years later <_<

Really i didnt know that?! Im fortunate thats never happened to me fingerscrossed Thanks for the heads up!