ReefCleaners.org

Sangheili's Innovative Marine Nuvo 24 - aka How I ruined my carpet

sangheili

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to be through a retailer. You may be able to ask them to measure the tank glass. Or ensure the serial number is higher than 460 (mine is in the 460's).

Right good thinking the more i thought about this the more i couldn't see myself with the nuvo 38 but for some reason i can't push myself to delete my tank plans...hmmm maybe I'm meant to wait a little while before I make my final decision

Bought two things today. One is a massive Fire Cleaner Shrimp. The other is a Purple Psuedochromis. Once I came home I did a little more research on the Psuedochromis and found out they have a tendency to murder hermits and shrimp. So, he's sitting in quarantine until tomorrow when I can return him. Not taking a chance of having another rogue fish in my tank.

He sure is pretty though...

your welcome for saving your life again.

haha Mr. Know it all strikes again! :)

Your tub will be cleaned out today BTW.

Some new pictures. Got my rock anenome and he seems to be getting situated. Also got a very nice Birds Nest frag for super cheap at Desert Reef. And lastly, a hilarious picture of one of my Porcelain crab's hanging out!

eLjz4hc.jpg7wVx6aS.jpgcBcLuAP.jpg

Did u mod your tunze skimmer airline tubing or using it as is w/in tank cup? Happy with performance and noise factor?

Not modded yet. Not really pleased with it at the moment. I had it finally working decently then the tank exploded. Now its doing micro-bubble-hell again. Wish I had gone with a cadlights instead in retrospect. Hopefully it starts working well again soon...

But I guess because of its size can't run it inside one of the chambers. Also read some mixed reviews on it as well. Seems like the industry is having a tough time developing a reliable and efficient nano skimmer. The IM nano skimmer seems to have micro bubble issues and the tunze has mixed reviews and perhaps due for an update. I may have to settle on the tunze simply because I can atleast get it to fit inside the back chamber and the collection cup can atleast overflow into the chamber with the inTank cup in place.

But I guess because of its size can't run it inside one of the chambers. Also read some mixed reviews on it as well. Seems like the industry is having a tough time developing a reliable and efficient nano skimmer. The IM nano skimmer seems to have micro bubble issues and the tunze has mixed reviews and perhaps due for an update. I may have to settle on the tunze simply because I can atleast get it to fit inside the back chamber and the collection cup can atleast overflow into the chamber with the inTank cup in place.

Looked up the dimensions and damn you are right. I read someone saying they were using it with a Mini 38 and assumed it would fit the Nuvo 24 also. Yeah I think Tunze is the best option but I really wish I could get rid of these damn bubbles flying out of my spinstreams. It's like its snowing in my tank.

HammerheadV13

Looked up the dimensions and damn you are right. I read someone saying they were using it with a Mini 38 and assumed it would fit the Nuvo 24 also. Yeah I think Tunze is the best option but I really wish I could get rid of these damn bubbles flying out of my spinstreams. It's like its snowing in my tank.

If you placed filter floss in the flow at some point would that help with the micro bubbles? I used your idea of putting a little rubble at the bottom of the pump chamber to help disperse the bubbles that occur in the waterfall area.

If you placed filter floss in the flow at some point would that help with the micro bubbles? I used your idea of putting a little rubble at the bottom of the pump chamber to help disperse the bubbles that occur in the waterfall area.

That helps a little. I have done it with varying success over the last month. Right now there is some floss but bubbles still manage to get into the display no matter what I do.

Quick update

Added this week:

The rock anemone shown above

The nice birdsnest frag above

A sweet discosoma mushroom

TONS of Zoa frags. I think I need to let them grow out now haha

Coming next week:

1x Gold Maxima Clam

1x Derasa Clam

2x Glass Anenome Shrimp

Can You believe I paid $100 shipped for two clams and two anemone shrimp?

Things will definitely be slowing down now. I have most all of the livestock I've been wanting. The only two things I haven't been able to get have been a Squat Lobster and an Acropora Crab (kind of need some SPS before I get him tho). On the coral front I think I'm done Zoa shopping - no more room on my rock for frags! I still need a really nice SPS for the center of the tank to kind of complete that ledge but I need to wait for the tank to mature more first.

• 3 weeks later...

So a few things have happened in the last weeks:

I got two more clams (total of 3 now) - a Derasa and a Gold Maxima. The Derasa is stunning.

I got an AIO Acrylic Frag tank - 24x20x10

I have about 25 frags (Zoas/Shrooms/Acans) coming in tomorrow for the frag tank

Skimmer seems to finally be functioning well!

Tank is flourishing. I started using the Korallen-zucht nano package a few days ago and I can already see changes. My duncan was 2x it's normal size today shortly after dosing. Zoas are poping new babies like mad.

I will try to take some pictures tomorrow after I get all my frags. The zoas in my Nuvo are really starting to look impressive, they are spreading so fast!

Out of all the fish/inverts in the tank I think my two white Porcelean crabs might be the coolest. They are ALWAYS together and they find the most hilarious spots to hide/host in. The big one was completely inside my rock nem the other day. The small one loves to hide in my white pipe organ - he blends in so well you can barely see him. If you don't have any in your tank, your missing out.

That amazing i want to experiment with this kHz stuff it's been getting great reviews I've seen pics that look amazing, post those pictures soon please

Archived