ReefCleaners.org

3 gallon mantis tank

Based

screwed up my whole scape on accident, got to catch the mantis for i can make him a nicer home,hopefully i find the ricordea in this process

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

netting the mantis was easy, making a new scape is hard :( and the glue stop holding it and i could tell that it was becoming unstable so yeah

netting the mantis was easy, making a new scape is hard :( and the glue stop holding it and i could tell that it was becoming unstable so yeah

What did you glue it with?

i think its called loctite or something its in a blue bottle and its shaped kinda like a triangle

Oh ya you can't glue rock with that, just frags. You would need to use epoxy to glue the rocks.

Oh ya you can't glue rock with that, just frags. You would need to use epoxy to glue the rocks.

people on here told me to use that to hold my rocks together. Well new scape looks ok, not the best, hulk likes it though, will get a couple pics once the water clears up

people on here told me to use that to hold my rocks together. Well new scape looks ok, not the best, hulk likes it though, will get a couple pics once the water clears up

Well they shouldn't have :o It is fine for frags and small things but not rock-scaping :P

I use it on my rocks for quick jobs.... It's holding so far but I don't trust it to...lol just keeps one piece from breaking the hitching the thermostat on my heater to ninety... Really like why is there even a setting for that? Come on guys.....

I think i made my tank recycle, diatoms everywhere and the hulk has been acting slugish(however you spell it) lately. Pretty sure my yasha in my 28 is a goner, 1st time i havent seen him in more than 5 days :(

A lot of white specs on my glass moving, i can see body formation. Cannot be pods since rocks were dry and the sand was made for freshwater but could be used for saltwater as well. Could be hermit babies, but i would want to think it was mantis babies, no way i expect these things to survive because i do not have any of the right equipment.

A lot of white specs on my glass moving, i can see body formation. Cannot be pods since rocks were dry and the sand was made for freshwater but could be used for saltwater as well. Could be hermit babies, but i would want to think it was mantis babies, no way i expect these things to survive because i do not have any of the right equipment.

Normal part of cycle. I used dry rock too but had white specs crawling ALL over. Besides, you only have 1 mantis shrimp and its a male I thought? /bonk

Here are some baby mantises though:

Normal part of cycle. I used dry rock too but had white specs crawling ALL over. Besides, you only have 1 mantis shrimp and its a male. /bonk

Here are some baby mantises though:

Actually its a female, i never looked until it started acting strange, i dont think theyre pods, might be hermit babies, dont know for sure.

theyre honestly a tons of them, i would of notice these before, theyre on the glass, the rocks, and the sand.

How is she doing anyways? Done being sluggish I hope?

A little sluggish but shes climbing rocks and stuff, she seems a lot more stable.

Really wonder what these are

theyre honestly a tons of them, i would of notice these before, theyre on the glass, the rocks, and the sand.

A little sluggish but shes climbing rocks and stuff, she seems a lot more stable.

Really wonder what these are

Well that's how mine were, pods tend to have an explosion in numbers during/after a cycle and at some point their numbers stabilize based on # of food.

Pods, hermit fry, mysis fry.. who knows :) Anything could have came on that coral.

Well that's how mine were, pods tend to have an explosion in numbers during/after a cycle and at some point their numbers stabilize based on # of food.

Pods, hermit fry, mysis fry.. who knows :) Anything could have came on that coral.

Would pods be one the ricordea? I took the ricordea off the rock they were on, well one was already off the rock so i carefully took the second one off, the rock never made it into my tank

Would pods be one the ricordea? I took the ricordea off the rock they were on, well one was already off the rock so i carefully took the second one off, the rock never made it into my tank

Yes, pods often hitchhike on corals.

my camera cant focus, some look like they could be baby mantises some dont, its probably pods, but i wouldnt think they would hitch hike on a softy, kinda really confused, but it is a female i believe, i dont see any sticks, so we need a proper name for her, shes still acting weird though but not bad, weirdness level is at a 5/10 when it was a 9/10 before. Still stumbling around and clinging onto rocks for support.

my camera cant focus, some look like they could be baby mantises some dont, its probably pods, but i wouldnt think they would hitch hike on a softy, kinda really confused, but it is a female i believe, i dont see any sticks, so we need a proper name for her, shes still acting weird though but not bad, weirdness level is at a 5/10 when it was a 9/10 before. Still stumbling around and clinging onto rocks for support.

They can easily hitchhike on corals :P

In reef aquaria, harpacticoids are commonly the first small "bugs" seen on the walls of the aquarium shortly after it is set up. Often dense swarms of them may occur in the water, particularly if fish have not been added. Once the other benthic fauna starts to become abundant, the numbers of the harpacticoids drop as predators on them become more abundant and common.

Archived