Pod Your Reef

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Very cool....he looks like a Pierre to me.

You're quick with the pics man!

Pierre it is then. I just got done cleaning the tank and mounting some frags so I had taken a picture or two of him. Pics are easy with the lights off since theres no editing the blue out :lol:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More new additions

15013700592_ab66e436ee_c.jpg

15014066985_389c415ff4_c.jpg

14827342129_76b2e4a229_c.jpg

14991070176_b90f0c4f4b_c.jpg

14991069996_7bbe70838d_c.jpg

Also thought this was a neat pic :)

14827541977_95a7e93db5_b.jpg

In stick news, every stick that enters my tank turns brown. Or has no PE. I believe my tank is too dirty to have sticks!

I told you 30 posts back they would be brown in no time :) sticks are for chicks buddy. Were those chslices wysiwyg from Aqua? You order off there site or?

I told you 30 posts back they would be brown in no time :) sticks are for chicks buddy. Were those chslices wysiwyg from Aqua? You order off there site or?

You told me so :lol: They were wysiwyg. I ordered from there post on R2R. He posted 300 something pics with prices so I picked from those

In stick news, every stick that enters my tank turns brown. Or has no PE. I believe my tank is too dirty to have sticks!

Phosphates or low light are the 2 primary reasons corals turn brown. The other thing to consider would be a source issue, pests or freshies are easy causes of the browns as well.

Phosphates or low light are the 2 primary reasons corals turn brown. The other thing to consider would be a source issue, pests or freshies are easy causes of the browns as well.

My guess is phosphates because I've got my light at about 80% for most of the day and the acro's are nearly directly under it.

My guess is phosphates because I've got my light at about 80% for most of the day and the acro's are nearly directly under it.
Sticks always browned out on me but montis do great in my tank. I have a sunset in the back of my tank that is super bright.
Sticks always browned out on me but montis do great in my tank. I have a sunset in the back of my tank that is super bright.

Interesting. My tank is the same. I have a starburst Monti that looks awesome sitting right next to a brown acro

Sticks turned brown on me too when I had high phosphates and algae problem. Then I had a mini crash, threw away most of my sticks, and now no more algae or phosphate issue. No more sticks for me; LPS and softies all the way. New obsession for me is goniopora, the encrusting kind which is supposely very hardy.

Also jumped on the new chalice bandwagon and got a gold chalice. How am I suppose to feed this guy? I never see any tentacles. I heard they are super slow growers too....

Sticks turned brown on me too when I had high phosphates and algae problem. Then I had a mini crash, threw away most of my sticks, and now no more algae or phosphate issue. No more sticks for me; LPS and softies all the way. New obsession for me is goniopora, the encrusting kind which is supposely very hardy.

Also jumped on the new chalice bandwagon and got a gold chalice. How am I suppose to feed this guy? I never see any tentacles. I heard they are super slow growers too....

This post is full of win!

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Lwnman/media/a9944595-5f47-4607-a715-2a5faaba43cb.jpg.html'>a9944595-5f47-4607-a715-2a5faaba43cb.jpg

Sticks turned brown on me too when I had high phosphates and algae problem. Then I had a mini crash, threw away most of my sticks, and now no more algae or phosphate issue. No more sticks for me; LPS and softies all the way. New obsession for me is goniopora, the encrusting kind which is supposely very hardy. Also jumped on the new chalice bandwagon and got a gold chalice. How am I suppose to feed this guy? I never see any tentacles. I heard they are super slow growers too....
Sounds similar for sure. Zoas are still my main obsession though! I have a few chalices, just mainly feed them smaller bits of mysis shrimp. Most of mine have the tentacles so it makes it easy but a few I've never seen them so I'm not totally sure how they're eating. As for growth it definitely varies. I have one chalice that has at least doubled over the 4-5 months I've had it, and another I got at the same time that hasn't grown much at all.

This post is full of win! a9944595-5f47-4607-a715-2a5faaba43cb.jpg
:lol: box of z/p's coming from LC tomorrow!

Talk to me, Goose. I have mass quantities of z's and p's.

My dealer arrives on time :)

He's in a flat spin.....don't know if he can regain control....

We're good!

Spent about 2-3 hours today cleaning every spot of the tank and the frag racks. Then moved a few frags over to the new tank!

I'll have a fs thread up tomorrow (probably) showing all of the goods :). I'm still debating over whether I should do frag packs or just sell them all individually.

I'll have a fs thread up tomorrow (probably) showing all of the goods :). I'm still debating over whether I should do frag packs or just sell them all individually.
Just sell some slacker :).

I'm not slacking, just been busy elsewhere. The wife and kids are back to school so the coral game is back on now :).

I didn't count, but if I had to guess I would say I probably have 150-200 zoa frags to list (some of the one's you sent me months ago, Lawn).

I'm not slacking, just been busy elsewhere. The wife and kids are back to school so the coral game is back on now :).I didn't count, but if I had to guess I would say I probably have 150-200 zoa frags to list (some of the one's you sent me months ago, Lawn).
I've been keeping a mental note of the ones on your flickr so I'll keep an eye out for them!

How's that WM chalice you got from Legendary corals doing? Ive got one coming tomorrow
I've been keeping a mental note of the ones on your flickr so I'll keep an eye out for them!

How's that WM chalice you got from Legendary corals doing? Ive got one coming tomorrow

Which one the Conjure is my favorite.

Archived