SaltCritters.com

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

I am half way there on the hot tub. On a different note I am done with plates :angry: I seem to always drop things on them and kill a portion of them. I killed my long tentacle plate this week by dropping a piece of LR on it :).

Aww man! That thing was a beauty! My plate died when I moved it to the new tank :( I threw out the skeleton and the same day my fiancé asks where it is. She never notices anything moving or going I to the tanks. Apparently she liked that one and was upset I didn't tell her it died :lol:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww man! That thing was a beauty! My plate died when I moved it to the new tank :( I threw out the skeleton and the same day my fiancé asks where it is. She never notices anything moving or going I to the tanks. Apparently she liked that one and was upset I didn't tell her it died :lol:

That's funny you say that my wife is the same way. I have thousands of dollars in Z's and P's and chalices but she likes 1 coral. It's a orange plate the size of a quarter that Glenn sent me months ago. My wife never looks in my tank only her friends do when they come over. She gets tired of people saying ow what is that she says #### I don't know that is Brad's baby. I was cleaning the tank one day and she walked up and said that orange dot is my favorite :huh:

Kyle what's for lunch today you still on the diet? We are going to Longhorn for lunch my brother gave me a gift card for my birthday. Think I can spend the whole hundo at lunch :)?

That's funny you say that my wife is the same way. I have thousands of dollars in Z's and P's and chalices but she likes 1 coral. It's a orange plate the size of a quarter that Glenn sent me months ago. My wife never looks in my tank only her friends do when they come over. She gets tired of people saying ow what is that she says #### I don't know that is Brad's baby. I was cleaning the tank one day and she walked up and said that orange dot is my favorite :huh:

Chicks dig the plate :lol:

Kyle what's for lunch today you still on the diet? We are going to Longhorn for lunch my brother gave me a gift card for my birthday. Think I can spend the whole hundo at lunch :)?

Yep still on the diet. Down 7.5 lbs in 3 weeks. Except last night I pigged out on pizza and wings waiting for a football game that ended up being cancelled due to lightning. Pissed me off! Hundred at dinner definitely doable. At lunch, that's a lot of food!

As for lunch, no idea. Still working jimmy johns on weekends (one more weekend and I'll be done with that) so it's either a jj sub, or whatever is at the house when I get home

Calling Chris! What's a good tabling acro?

There are quite a few nice choices really....

acropora hyacinthus, acropora efflorescens (commonly referred to as an efflo), acropora solitaryensis

a couple of my personal favorites are

acropora granulosa and acropora plana :)

Hyacinthus are probably the easier ones to find (like red planet) with efflos and solis being a bit less common.

There are quite a few nice choices really.... acropora hyacinthus, acropora efflorescens (commonly referred to as an efflo), acropora solitaryensis a couple of my personal favorites areacropora granulosa and acropora plana :) Hyacinthus are probably the easier ones to find (like red planet) with efflos and solis being a bit less common.
:huh: english boy english :)

FTS 8/31/14 14913491539_ef668b4dea_h.jpg Click for larger size :)
Looking good you should try a flare locline nozzle it gives you more spread than that nozzle.
:huh: english boy english :)Looking good you should try a flare locline nozzle it gives you more spread than that nozzle.

In English what he said was "sticks sticks sticks" :lol:

I was actually looking at flare nozzles today so that may be the route I go. I have little to no flow right at the front of the rock so gotta figure that out

You wouldn't understand either way ;) lol

I think I summed it up well :lol:

Scratch that. I moved my scoly so my gobies stop killing it. Not sure if it will make it though

Put it in low flow and LOW light.... Mine had damage to the mouth and is making a solid recovery. I just tucked it in a corner fed it like once a month and forgot about it otherwise lol

Put it in low flow and LOW light.... Mine had damage to the mouth and is making a solid recovery. I just tucked it in a corner fed it like once a month and forgot about it otherwise lol

Having trouble with the low light part. Not much rock to make shadows. The damn gobies thought it would be a good idea to perch on the scoly all the time. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed some tissue recession the other day. Moved it out of their area and they seem to have left it alone.

Having trouble with the low light part. Not much rock to make shadows. The damn gobies thought it would be a good idea to perch on the scoly all the time. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed some tissue recession the other day. Moved it out of their area and they seem to have left it alone.
Has to be the light buddy. My gobies perch on my scoly, brains and chalices all day everyday. Try a front corner of your tank that would be the lowest par if I had to guess. Not to late to hang a bomb ass dimmable T5 fixture above it :lol:
Has to be the light buddy. My gobies perch on my scoly, brains and chalices all day everyday. Try a front corner of your tank that would be the lowest par if I had to guess. Not to late to hang a bomb ass dimmable T5 fixture above it :lol:

Damn. Well that definitely kills that suspicion. It's already in the corner of the tank. I didn't think the light was that bright as the percentages are equal to my other tank. Guess I need to turn down the light a bit

Anybody have any small pieces of rock, basically rubble rock they're looking to get rid of?

I've got some I could spare. Let me know if you still need it.

Archived