SaltCritters.com

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CONGRATS! !!

Thank you!

Congrats my friend. Now can you rejoin NR and put the books to bed :)?

I've definitely been absent on here for the past 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately it may get worse as my next adventure is studying for my Chartered Financial Analyst certification. Taking the first test in December. Pass rate is 33% on the first try

Way to go man, that is SWEET!! Congrats :D

Thanks man!

Chartered Financial Analyst :wacko: WTF does that mean in english :lol:? How is the new tank doing and operation rid the Bryopsis?

Basically means whoever has the verification is an expert in any type of financial analysis whether it be stocks bonds companies etc.

New tank is doing good. Still getting the light dialed in. Some z/p's that were in lower light before don't seem to like lower light now and vice versa! Operation destroy bryopsis is in full effect :lol: almost completely gone about two weeks into treatment

Congrats Kyle!

I picked up something nice today.

842B44B6-B070-4AC6-BEA2-F6CFC1433ADE-291

I want to get rid of the stupid "vents" on the sides, tint the windows, and lightly smoke the tail lights and I'll be a happy camper. :)

What kind of car is that? Looks really sleek!

What kind of car is that? Looks really sleek!

Scion tc? Definitely a sweet car!

Congrats Kyle!

Edit: saw a non-reef related picture and automatically assumed I was in lawns thread. Sorry Kyle

Thanks! I post non reef related stuff. Lawns thread is full of the strange non reef related :lol:

Yup. Tc.

So... Is it possible to be a financial expert and still spend money on reefing? :D

I asked him what his clients thought about him spending hundreds on little pieces of colorful flesh :).
Yup. Tc.

So... Is it possible to be a financial expert and still spend money on reefing? :D

I guess the short answer is no. But! I could look at as an investment ( wishful thinking!) or as long as I make more than I spend I'm financially sound :lol:

Looks like what I had floating in my tank after moving coral. Is it slime from corals?

It does look like the stuff I've seen come off my acans before but never in this amount. Its everywhere. And I haven't touched or moved anything in the tank for the past 4-5 days. hmmm

Are your acans shrunk up? My wellsos did this at the end of the light cycle for a few weeks. I finally dimmed the lights down and they stopped it was them producing slime from to much light.

Are your acans shrunk up? My wellsos did this at the end of the light cycle for a few weeks. I finally dimmed the lights down and they stopped it was them producing slime from to much light.

Weird part is not a single coral looks affected by it. Acans are opened and have feeding tentacles out.

Polyps are all opened.

Actually take that back. My two sticks aren't liking whatever this stuff is!

Did the slime settle down Kyle?

Appears as if it has. There's still bits of it stuck to rocks but not anywhere near the amount in the tank yesterday. Nothing changed so I'm not really sure what to make of it

Appears as if it has. There's still bits of it stuck to rocks but not anywhere near the amount in the tank yesterday. Nothing changed so I'm not really sure what to make of it

Just a (unlikely) thought, but would it be possible something (coral wise) spawned in the tank? This could piss off the acros (which while yes they will slime if pissed, unless you have a pretty solid SPS collection you won't get that much slime IMO), and make the spawners look awfully happy lol

Also, hows the skimmer acting?

Just a (unlikely) thought, but would it be possible something (coral wise) spawned in the tank? This could piss off the acros (which while yes they will slime if pissed, unless you have a pretty solid SPS collection you won't get that much slime IMO), and make the spawners look awfully happy lol

Also, hows the skimmer acting?

Not sure about anything spawning. The slime didn't appear to come from from coral or even just a few. I've got about 10-15 frags in the tank and it was on all of them. Also, don't have a skimmer on the tank

Not sure about anything spawning. The slime didn't appear to come from from coral or even just a few. I've got about 10-15 frags in the tank and it was on all of them. Also, don't have a skimmer on the tank

Well yeah, if a coral spawned it would get circulated around and end up all over (as well as likely cause other corals especially similar type corals to spawn as well). Unlikely that it was a spawn but at the same time not entirely impossible either..... but there does seem to be alot for just 10-15 small frags. :wacko: Is it going away or still hanging on pretty good?

Archived