SaltCritters.com

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

New tank is extra cloudy today. Not sure why
Algae bloom it will go away in a few days to a week. Waterchanges won't clear it up just so you know.
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Algae bloom it will go away in a few days to a week. Waterchanges won't clear it up just so you know.

Good to know. I doing a water change anyway since it's water change day. And I've got a lot of shit accumulating at the bottom of my sump

Congrats man, that is an awesome accomplishment for sure!

Thanks man! It was a ton of work but I'm glad I did it. Now I get to enter full time work and no school. Not sure how I feel about that after being in school for 18 years :lol:

The battle against bryopsis is in full effect. I think I'm at a week now. Got mag above 1800 on July 27th. Can already see the bastard algae dying off :)

Keep it there for a month. You might see some cyano from the high mag but it will vanish.

Also after a month change a gallon of water every few days to lower it slowly.

Keep it there for a month. You might see some cyano from the high mag but it will vanish. Also after a month change a gallon of water every few days to lower it slowly.

Can't wait for it to be gone! Ready to move over the frags and eliminate one of the racks!

What do you have for CUC? I just threw a couple snails in but wanting to buy a decent crew

I have 10 trochus snails and about 20 nassarius snails. The nassarius snails are going since I am going BB next weekend. I ordered a piece of starboard this week.

I have 10 trochus snails and about 20 nassarius snails. The nassarius snails are going since I am going BB next weekend. I ordered a piece of starboard this week.

I saw you mention that in gena's thread. Probably can't even see the sand as it is with all the meat you've got crammed in there :lol:

Sunny D's hate my tank. 3 frags over the course of many months. All 3 have melted :angry:

All from the same supplier?

Got "hooded" tonight. Graduation ceremony tomorrow :)

I was thinking circumcision....but, I guess that would be de-hooded. :lol: Congrats!

In tank news. Wtf is this

C19B5BC1-2DAB-454C-8619-97AFFF568DC0.jpg

Looks to be a "Granite Worm". :o

All from the same supplier?

I was thinking circumcision....but, I guess that would be de-hooded. :lol: Congrats!

Looks to be a "Granite Worm". :o

Nah three different suppliers! One being lawnman so we know they started healthy in his meat box. Thanks yea definitely no surgery happening. Just diplomas. granite worm, can't seem to find anything on that. Maybe I need to be looking on the countertop forums?? :lol:

Nah three different suppliers! One being lawnman so we know they started healthy in his meat box. Thanks yea definitely no surgery happening. Just diplomas. granite worm, can't seem to find anything on that. Maybe I need to be looking on the countertop forums?? :lol:

LOL, countertop forums is where I saw them!

You say they came from Lawn......it's rumored that he does the "Nakey Dance" in front of his tank every night in order to make his corals happy (laughter is good, even for coral). Where did you have them...mine always did great high up in bright light.....and my tank ran a bit on the dirty side.

LOL, countertop forums is where I saw them!You say they came from Lawn......it's rumored that he does the "Nakey Dance" in front of his tank every night in order to make his corals happy (laughter is good, even for coral). Where did you have them...mine always did great high up in bright light.....and my tank ran a bit on the dirty side.

Must be his secret to success. I've had them in 3 different locations. The last one was high light and definitely a dirty tank over the past month or so. They just don't like me :lol:

Must be his secret to success. I've had them in 3 different locations. The last one was high light and definitely a dirty tank over the past month or so. They just don't like me :lol:

:ninja:....but did you do the Nakey Dance?

Archived