Cultivated Reef

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing pictures......should be an amazing time.

That was actually South Africa. Crazy to think its been over 6 weeks since I was there.

The fiancé would love a tang, but I've always told her I don't have a big enough tank. Thinking about some clowns, maybe a wrasse or basslet. Or blenny. In other words, no idea :lol:

In other news, really wishing I was here at the moment

14061873288_14e4dbdab1.jpg

Or here

14268780193_196e10120d.jpg

14246353922_d014bdf631.jpg

I've heard parts of S.A. have some pretty amazing sea life, did you get to do any underwater exploring??

I've heard parts of S.A. have some pretty amazing sea life, did you get to do any underwater exploring??

Only diving I did was great white diving. Saw 5-6 different massive great whites within an arms length away. No diving/snorkeling though

14061859249_90db68287e_c.jpg

I would have shat my shorts....awesome though!
Thats crazy.... but thrillingly fun at the same time I'd imagine :) I'm with Jack tho, shats would have been had! lol

I was scared shitless to start but then when you see how calm the sharks actually are and in their own habitat it becomes just amazing.

Operation quiet down the new tank begins now :)

I was scared shitless to start but then when you see how calm the sharks actually are and in their own habitat it becomes just amazing.

Its crazy to think how they could even be calm after everything we seem to see/hear about them being massive predators and JAWS of course lol

Operation quiet down the new tank begins now :)

If you haven't gotten it to quiet down you could try this.....

IMAG0701_zpsusmv7nkw.jpg

Instead of drilling the top of the cap like "normal", sand the inside of the cap and the outside of the pipe to where they will turn fairly easily. Put the cap on the pipe, and drill through the side of both the cap and the pipe (I use a 1/4" bit).... boom adjustable air port so you can dial it in and quiet it down by simply giving the cap a slight twist. :)

Played horribly, it was just cool enough to not realize how bad I was burning, arms looks like lobster, but I finished the night with a good firework show created by yours truly.

Oh and I shut the tank up by getting rid of it.

:) or raised the standpipe. I like Chris's idea above though!

it's a form of Bubble Algae forget the name.

Well I just picked that off of some frag plugs too.

I don't know how anyone can say they don't like z/p's

14590749374_40c65fe3ce_c.jpg

14405981040_d2f35e3144_c.jpg

B)

B)

They must be crazy right? Nice rack!
DAYUM!!! Now that is a nice rack!!

Gonna look even better soon with some more CGA goodness. Oh wait. I'm supposed to be eliminating the racks and actually placing new corals. Fat chance :lol:

Love your z and p collection! Sooooo colorful.

Thanks man!

They must be crazy right? Nice rack!

:D

Typically not something you say to a bro but in this instance I do agree ;).

Mr TOTM himself! Thanks :)

Ummm, are you in the Doctors office? Where did he find that plug? :unsure:

I have zoas growing everywhere. I may have a problem......

But really. Safety first! When I'm picking around the frags I don't want any shit getting all over my hands. Had my goggles on too

B)

I'm starting to like em again thanks to you assholes and your beautiful weed collections lol

Looks good for sure man :)

Your frag is sprouting babies :)

14458659049_14b43ed91b_z.jpg

I feared that this one was a melter for a while but instead I've learned that it's just incredibly sensitive to fragging. I cut a few more frags recently and they are all doing well :).

If you haven't gotten it to quiet down you could try this.....

IMAG0701_zpsusmv7nkw.jpg

Instead of drilling the top of the cap like "normal", sand the inside of the cap and the outside of the pipe to where they will turn fairly easily. Put the cap on the pipe, and drill through the side of both the cap and the pipe (I use a 1/4" bit).... boom adjustable air port so you can dial it in and quiet it down by simply giving the cap a slight twist. :)

That's how I do my overflows, works well :)

Archived