Pod Your Reef

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What else?! Can't order just one :lol:
That's all I ordered nothing else I wanted. I have most of the common ones he has up FS right now.

That's all I ordered nothing else I wanted. I have most of the common ones he has up FS right now.

Problems of being a hoarder right?

Placing my order with Glenn at the moment, so to answer your earlier question, yes I have ordered coral recently :D
Whatcha getting?

Placing my order with Glenn at the moment, so to answer your earlier question, yes I have ordered coral recently :D

Get that neon roundass green scoly man. For $90, it's a good deal.

Whatcha getting?

The Acan you left behind, 2 more acans he posted in your thread tonight, then 4 different z/p's! :) knock on wood but I'm finally getting growth out of my z/p's!

Get that neon roundass green scoly man. For $90, it's a good deal.

I've already got a Scoly from Glenn. Not looking for another at the moment

Whats leaking?

Pretty sure it was my own fault since i was trying to mess with that gate on the overflow and was yanking on the return nozzle a lot. I'm pretty sure water started leaking then. I could tell water had gotten under the sump so I had to get it out and dry everything off. No new water was there this morning so tightening the bulkhead may have solved it.

Thinking about putting a union on the drain pipe now in case I ever need to remove the sump again

Pretty sure it was my own fault since i was trying to mess with that gate on the overflow and was yanking on the return nozzle a lot. I'm pretty sure water started leaking then. I could tell water had gotten under the sump so I had to get it out and dry everything off. No new water was there this morning so tightening the bulkhead may have solved it.

Thinking about putting a union on the drain pipe now in case I ever need to remove the sump again

Yeah a union on the drain is a good idea.

I have my return hose in the sump. In case a little drip ever occurs it runs down the hose into the sump instead of behind it. Just another precaution I do.

I have my return hose in the sump. In case a little drip ever occurs it runs down the hose into the sump instead of behind it. Just another precaution I do.

Good idea. The pump isn't in the right spot in that picture I just set it in but I'll be sure to move the hose

Stopped by the LFS today...

14460517642_483a03b8fe.jpg

Cant wait for this one to open. No joke the polyp was the size of a quarter

14458532341_9b0650a143.jpg

Also this is for Chris, a better picture of the SPS

14461880845_643b99a103.jpg

14460771244_ce2aca11cf.jpg

Also this is for Chris, a better picture of the SPS

14461880845_643b99a103.jpg

14460771244_ce2aca11cf.jpg

I've usually just see those just listed as Acropora sp? Althought I've seen people stretch and call them tenius (definitely not), and aculeus (possibly).

Nanofreak79

Nice job slapping a union on there. I got smart and used them on the zoa tank. Those new polyps look sick. Nice grabs.

Jmo, but you might want to put a small piece coming down from the bulkhead to reach the filter sock. Not all the way into the holder, but close. Water will splash all over from that height.

I've usually just see those just listed as Acropora sp? Althought I've seen people stretch and call them tenius (definitely not), and aculeus (possibly).

Acropora it is! :lol:

Nice job slapping a union on there. I got smart and used them on the zoa tank. Those new polyps look sick. Nice grabs.

Jmo, but you might want to put a small piece coming down from the bulkhead to reach the filter sock. Not all the way into the holder, but close. Water will splash all over from that height.

Thanks I originally wanted a union but the whole plumbing idea scared me :lol: after a few screw ups I just decided to go for it!

Actually thats what I did, that pic was taken a soon as I finished putting it in place. There's a probably 2-3 inch piece below the bulkhead now.

Yeah basically lol It looks really good and happy tho :)

Did you take it off the stores base/ plug?

I haven't yet. I wasn't sure if I could glue it without doing damage, or if it staying in this tank or moving to the new one

Sweet, thought I'd point it out just in case. :)

B)

Archived