ReefCleaners.org

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

Yeah I am expecting around 4x return when its all said n done :lol: I bought at a REALLY good time and being able to do all the work myself saved about 25k.

Nice! We bought our first place and lost our ass on it. We came in with an instant 100k in equity. We gutted it and pimped the place out. Took me a year to get it done. Pretty much the next day the market crashed and we ended up losing 100k in the entire mess. Oh well.

We did great on our current place. Bought it at half off and it's almost worth double now in just a couple years.....we'll see what happens.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! We bought our first place and lost our ass on it. We came in with an instant 100k in equity. We gutted it and pimped the place out. Took me a year to get it done. Pretty much the next day the market crashed and we ended up losing 100k in the entire mess. Oh well. We did great on our current place. Bought it at half off and it's almost worth double now in just a couple years.....we'll see what happens.

That sucks, 100k isn't something fun to lose. I hear ya tho, I had quite a few investment properties when the market tanked, thankfully I saw it coming and started moving things around and restructured some stuff to protect what was worth saving and my personal ass... Aint shit that can be done about it now but damn it woulda been really nice had it not went down like that lol

I kept my pimp bachelor townhouse on a golf course for a while, then wife got prego and decided it was time to buy a house and settle down. Luckily MI got hit long before everywhere else so I bought this place at pretty much rock bottom, unloaded the townhouse (broke even still thankfully), put a little into some minor stuff and figured flip it in a few years.... then she got all sentimental and the boys were both born and raised in this house so far and didn't wanna move so I go spend a tall stack on a heavy ass fish tank, and remodel and she wants to sell literally 2 days after I finished the kitchen she wanted and loves. Women :wacko:

.....I would...But it's a huge empty space from all the carnage...maybe .....

So I posted a pic of my diatom filled emptiness its all good man :)

Purging the system of filth today huh... I should do a WC on the DT as well. I don't feel like doing trim today

Get a new FTS when your done! :lol:

Purging the system of filth today huh... I should do a WC on the DT as well. I don't feel like doing trim today

Get a new FTS when your done! :lol:

Damn your persistent. ....maybe. looks like an empty tank with the same acans and blastos we've all seen a thousand times.....still better than GHA though :^ )

Damn your persistent. ....maybe. looks like an empty tank with the same acans and blastos we've all seen a thousand times.....still better than GHA though :^ )

Its a new year lets start a new trend of actually posting pics of our tanks no matter how boring everyone else will find them LOL ....And hell yeah, no GHA thats something to be proud of man I know you've had a long hard battle with that shit!

Soooo.....ripped out my sump and scrubbed the hell out of everything. I noticed that my sump has a pretty big chip out of the bottom corner. Must have come that way and I never noticed as its been sitting untouched in my stand for two years. Also have turf algae sprouting up On multiple rocks now......I hate this tank.

Turf algae? Easy. Rabbitfish. The universal algal problem solver.
Turf algae? Easy. Rabbitfish. The universal algal problem solver.

Seriously?

jedimasterben

I haven't found any algae, complex or semi-complex, that mine will not devour. I laugh at bryopsis and valonia. It even eats very calcareous algae.

I haven't found any algae, complex or semi-complex, that mine will not devour. I laugh at bryopsis and valonia. It even eats very calcareous algae.

Any restrictions on coral with those guys?

What type of Rabbit do you have?

jedimasterben

Any restrictions on coral with those guys?

What type of Rabbit do you have?

No, the genus is basically strict algaevorous, but like tangs they will sometimes nip at some corals, though I've never personally talked to anyone who has had that happen, its simpl on the table as a possibility.

Mine is Siganus doliatus.

IMG_0234.jpg

No, the genus is basically strict algaevorous, but like tangs they will sometimes nip at some corals, though I've never personally talked to anyone who has had that happen, its simpl on the table as a possibility.

Mine is Siganus doliatus.IMG_0234.jpg

......useful and good looking. Thanks Benny!

Soooo.....ripped out my sump and scrubbed the hell out of everything. I noticed that my sump has a pretty big chip out of the bottom corner. Must have come that way and I never noticed as its been sitting untouched in my stand for two years. Also have turf algae sprouting up On multiple rocks now......I hate this tank.

Quit messin with a shit box and start rockin a The Shit box! :)

Starts chant of UpGrade, UpGrade!!! :lol:

Quit messin with a shit box and start rockin a The Shit box! :)

Starts chant of UpGrade, UpGrade!!! :lol:

Shh, I'm trying to convince myself not too...................

Why was your little one in the hospital?

Here is some more info on them from James Fatherree. http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2013/8/fish2

Thanks Ben.

BTW, nice looking light you got coming!

you drinking tonight jacky?

Wait....let me check.......

yes, my empty glass says "yes". Going to pour another and toast your resume!

Then off to bed....have to pick up a corporate guy from the airport in the AM and spend the week with him <_<

How about you....what you sipp'n on?

im thinking about opening up bottle of las rocas. we had a leak in our water main at work today and had to drain the entire hotel. so we outsourced it and the plumbers forgot to close the faucets in one of the rooms on the top floor when they were all done. Overflowed both the sink and the bathtub and went through 4 floors and into the pool below. so after spackling 3 cielings, cleaning the pool and shocking the #### out of it, and extracting multiple carpets, i need to drink something. I still need to finish up and skim a few more spots and then i get to use the wobbliest old ladder possible IN the pool to replace about 10 cieling tiles and scrape all the paint bubbles off of the beams, re spackle, paint, and worry about shoveling the snow off the sidewalks tomorrow.

####, i think im going to be drinking at work tomorow.

im thinking about opening up bottle of las rocas. we had a leak in our water main at work today and had to drain the entire hotel. so we outsourced it and the plumbers forgot to close the faucets in one of the rooms on the top floor when they were all done. Overflowed both the sink and the bathtub and went through 4 floors and into the pool below. so after spackling 3 cielings, cleaning the pool and shocking the #### out of it, and extracting multiple carpets, i need to drink something. I still need to finish up and skim a few more spots and then i get to use the wobbliest old ladder possible IN the pool to replace about 10 cieling tiles and scrape all the paint bubbles off of the beams, re spackle, paint, and worry about shoveling the snow off the sidewalks tomorrow.

####, i think im going to be drinking at work tomorow.

LOL, I remember those days. I got called in at about 2:00am one time during a huge rain storm. Just had a contractor spray down an insulating roof membrane thing....forgot the actual name. Anywho, they stuffed rags in all the vents before spraying....then never took a few out. The storm dumped inches of rain, which turned into a good 3 to 4 feet of standing water on certain parts of the flat roof. Long story short, ceilings collapsed, elevators looked like waterfalls and I was a drywall master for a few weeks.

Off to bed.

Good luck on the hunt, Pat.

Archived