SaltCritters.com

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

Jack still has a tank? It's raining :) here
Lol...not for long! Why you no work in rain?

FTS! i want to see!did I send you those blue cloves? I don't remember.
FTS is back a few pages....I'll have to look.Blue Cloves I got from some kid over here. Then, got some on a zoa rock from G. Those disappeared. ..but are now coming back!I need to get more of that flame algae from you...After I get rid of the pistol shrimp who tore it all to pieces and made a front door out of it....multiple times! Bastard. He's pissed that I removed all sand except for a handful around his rock.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because cutting grass in the rain sucks. Spraying pesticide in the rain waste money and hurts my bottom line :) then customers call and complain because they have weeds. Plus I am burned out for the year! Anything else you want to know?

Ahh ok, I sent those out to a few peeps and couldn't remember who.

Just let me know when ya want more macro...I have plenty.

Carry on.

Because cutting grass in the rain sucks. Spraying pesticide in the rain waste money and hurts my bottom line :) then customers call and complain because they have weeds. Plus I am burned out for the year! Anything else you want to know?
..........why do testicles look twice their age, oh wise one?

Ahh ok, I sent those out to a few peeps and couldn't remember who.Just let me know when ya want more macro...I have plenty. Carry on.
Awesome, thanks M! How's all of your tanks doing......I saw you set up another one, right?

So I was just feeding my tank and thought of you :flower:. You don't feed your blastos at all?????? I refrained. They open up their little mouths though when I feed phyto to the tank like I did just now. Maybe that would be enough????

If you aren't feeding them at all, you do notice new growth? You are my blasto mentor :bowdown:.

Heres a crappy cell phone pic. Blurry....but the Blasto to the right was one head...probably at least 10 now. The one on the right from CGA is around 6 or so?

714ee174-4665-4831-a86f-d1ec0028ffae.jpg

....you had me at you were thinking of me :^ ).....or more likely my condemned tank! I feed them...Each mouth a piece of mysis. They pop babies like crazy. I fried the montis :^ (

:lol: love that line :). I don't think your tank is bad at all.....so :P.

I thought you said you neglected your tank and coral protective services would be calling? Sounds like you are doing a good job to me! How often do you feed them? Once a week? Once a month?

Ahh ok, I sent those out to a few peeps and couldn't remember who.

Just let me know when ya want more macro...I have plenty.

Carry on.

You sent me blue cloves :wub:.

Heres a crappy cell phone pic. Blurry....but the Blasto to the right was one head...probably at least 10 now. The one on the right from CGA is around 6 or so?

714ee174-4665-4831-a86f-d1ec0028ffae.jpg

They look great! FTS omgomgomg:lol:
..........why do testicles look twice their age, oh wise one?

Awesome, thanks M! How's all of your tanks doing......I saw you set up another one, right?

I did. I broke down the Nanocube and I transferred almost everything in the IM20

• 1 month later...

Well......I think I've just about conquered the gha. Things were just looking bad though.....corals shrinking and wasting away. Think I figured it out.......think I fried them. Ordered a new light for the hell of it. Have it running at about 20% and higher than before....stuff is already puffing back up. We'll see. New tank maybe ordered soon too if things progress....if not.....I have a brick on standby.

Well we know you fried the sunburst monti :). What light did you get?

Oh...that's just one of the deep fried critters.....the list is loooooong.

Picked up an "Ocean Revive" LED unit for the hell of it. I spent a fraction of what I did on my DIY light.

....so far, impressed.

Oh...that's just one of the deep fried critters.....the list is loooooong. Picked up an "Ocean Revive" LED unit for the hell of it. I spent a fraction of what I did on my DIY light. ....so far, impressed.

Awesome!

I almost bought a kole yesterday. I was going to do an impulse buy no matter what and it was between a baby kole and a leopard wrasse. I decided to go with the leopard wrasse :).

Awesome!I almost bought a kole yesterday. I was going to do an impulse buy no matter what and it was between a baby kole and a leopard wrasse. I decided to go with the leopard wrasse :).

Pics?

Leopard FTMFW!

Jack just order a new tank already, that one is cursed or some shit lol

Ya, pretty sure my tank has AIDS.

I also ordered a Tunze.....some model number....ATO on Lawndorks recommendation. Shows in transit for delivery today.

Ya, pretty sure my tank has AIDS.

Atleast the clap lol

I also ordered a Tunze.....some model number....ATO on Lawndorks recommendation. Shows in transit for delivery today.

Smells like an upgrade to me :) Go starphire!!!!!

Well....almost a week in with the new El Cheapo light.....and things are looking great....let's not get carried away....much improved. Went back and looked at my old LED setup and found that the pots were dialed to around 70 - 80%!?! Not sure why or how....but, no wonder shit got cooked!

Anyway, well see how the light and tank do through the month......if it keeps improving, it'll be time for a new box and some coral purchasing.

Not to worry, this tank still has some nasties.....anyone know how to get rid of "turf algae"? Popped up on a cool branch rock that I'd like not to ditch if possible.

Well....almost a week in with the new El Cheapo light.....and things are looking great....let's not get carried away....much improved. Went back and looked at my old LED setup and found that the pots were dialed to around 70 - 80%!?! Not sure why or how....but, no wonder shit got cooked!Anyway, well see how the light and tank do through the month......if it keeps improving, it'll be time for a new box and some coral purchasing. Not to worry, this tank still has some nasties.....anyone know how to get rid of "turf algae"? Popped up on a cool branch rock that I'd like not to ditch if possible.
urchin and fuzzy chitons.

I had a pink pincushion from reef cleaners that demolished the stuff. The chitons are good but very slow and basically stay in one small area their entire existence.

urchin and fuzzy chitons. I had a pink pincushion from reef cleaners that demolished the stuff. The chitons are good but very slow and basically stay in one small area their entire existence.

Hmmm, thanks Patty.

How's things been man? Still ripping down the tank?

Hmmm, thanks Patty.

How's things been man? Still ripping down the tank?

Yup. I'm thinking of getting a projector to put in its place and skip out on a tv. It's a nice little one that fits in your hand that supposedly has a good picture. I still have the pico but will possibly set it back up in the future. If not, definitely when I move down to Florida... Eventually.

urchin and fuzzy chitons.

I had a pink pincushion from reef cleaners that demolished the stuff. The chitons are good but very slow and basically stay in one small area their entire existence.

Once the turf algae was gone..............did it ever come back?

Once the turf algae was gone..............did it ever come back?

Mine always did.... I had one of those pink urchins back in the day too, thing was a algae eating bad ass. But the turf algae always came back. I think it gets some deep roots or somethin.

Archived