ReefCleaners.org

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

Oh God! :lol:

So how big does Charlie get?

Well, I'm not sure...exactly. He's a "Teacup/Micro/miniature/....blah, blah, blah." He is expected to reach 20 - 40 lbs. They stay relatively short in length and height....but get a little round.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Backyard is coming along nicely man, gonna be amazing when its done!

Thanks man! Just had our first night by the fire.....all the family and friends loved it. Now to put all the rock up.

How's your place coming along? Kitchen looked great!

Charlie's gonna get a complex if you keep calling him a Christmas pig LOL. He's too cute :wub:.

He's a funny little thing. He knows our voices and gets all excited when my girls go outside to see him. He starts oinking about 6:30 - 7:00am when he's ready to go out....no sleeping in at this house.

hello! i'm SO jealous! i've been talking about

getting a teacup pig forever! ever since i saw one

at a baby shower a few years ago. they are so cute

and darned smart.

but yes, the teacup can get upwards of 50#--depending

on genetics. so that's a little too rich bacon for my blood.

*slaps knee*

still, i'm so envious. he is a cutie. your lucky lucky wife!

hello! i'm SO jealous! i've been talking about

getting a teacup pig forever! ever since i saw one

at a baby shower a few years ago. they are so cute

and darned smart.

but yes, the teacup can get upwards of 50#--depending

on genetics. so that's a little too rich bacon for my blood.

*slaps knee*

still, i'm so envious. he is a cutie. your lucky lucky wife!

Ya.....she thought they stayed super small too. The more I read up on them, the more honor stories you read. But, for us the 50 lb mark is fine. He'll be outside with the donkeys once he gets some size to him. Or, if he stays small...all the better!

But ya, super smart. Like a puppy, but very independent and way smarter. HUGE personality!

.......he's curled up in his blanket and snoring right now.

He'll be outside with the donkeys once he gets some size to him.

:blink::lol:

was there a breeder near you?

the woman who owned the piglet had hers flown

in from FL. she paid a lot of money too. like $2k!

but this was maybe 5-7 years ago.

:blink::lol:

was there a breeder near you?

the woman who owned the piglet had hers flown

in from FL. she paid a lot of money too. like $2k!

but this was maybe 5-7 years ago.

I drove down towards Temecula. ......a ranch had a litter and I was able to grab one at a reasonable price. Due to my work schedule I couldn't get down as soon as I wanted. They had a few fancy colored ones that went quick.

One of our neighbors had theirs flown in from a "breeder". Poor thing was a bag of bones. The breeder was keeping it starved to keep it small. They paid a lot for theirs.

What's up Glenn? You home yet?

Yeah, just got in today. Then I went to work for a little while but came home because I'm beat. Our "vacation" was busier than our typical day to day routine. I think the real vacation started about 2 hours ago. Things should settle down for a while, at least a little. Florida was awesome, beats the hell out of Tx.

Good call on the little piglet, my kids would be absolutely ecstatic if I bought them one (not happening though).

I didn't get my tanks fully automated (ato on the 40, dosing pumps on the big system, drain for the dehumidifier, etc...) until 3:00am the night before we left. Came home today and as far as I can tell I only lost one frag out of everything :). All of the corals in my 40 look better than they did when we left...sweet.

Thanks man! It was great lighting it up tonight ....everyone loved it. Made the 3 days of laying pipe worth it.

Yeah I'm sure that was very gratifying! My backyard is an absolute disaster due to my dog and about 2 months of total neglect (ok, maybe it's 2 years..whatever). My goal for January is to put up a fence to enclose a dog run and to clean up the yard to the point of it being somewhat presentable. I think I want to get one of those little chiminea (sp?) things or maybe build a small fire pit in the yard (won't be gas though).

It was great lighting it up tonight ....everyone loved it. Made the 3 days of laying pipe worth it.

Sig worthy, IMO.

Yeah, just got in today. Then I went to work for a little while but came home because I'm beat. Our "vacation" was busier than our typical day to day routine. I think the real vacation started about 2 hours ago. Things should settle down for a while, at least a little. Florida was awesome, beats the hell out of Tx. Good call on the little piglet, my kids would be absolutely ecstatic if I bought them one (not happening though). I didn't get my tanks fully automated (ato on the 40, dosing pumps on the big system, drain for the dehumidifier, etc...) until 3:00am the night before we left. Came home today and as far as I can tell I only lost one frag out of everything :). All of the corals in my 40 look better than they did when we left...sweet. Yeah I'm sure that was very gratifying! My backyard is an absolute disaster due to my dog and about 2 months of total neglect (ok, maybe it's 2 years..whatever). My goal for January is to put up a fence to enclose a dog run and to clean up the yard to the point of it being somewhat presentable. I think I want to get one of those little chiminea (sp?) things or maybe build a small fire pit in the yard (won't be gas though). Sig worthy, IMO.
Vacation.......yes, vacation starts when you go back to work! Congrats on the tank, I loose more frags than that on a daily basis. I prefer to think of it as growing resilient strains from the most robust corals. The few remaining corals are basically bombproof. When we first moved here my wife and girls made a fire pit out of rocks, old concrete chunks, bricks and whatever else they could round up....I believe on Father's Day. They plopped a couple chairs around it. It was the best! While planning the patio, I decided to go gas for the pure and simple cleanliness of the gas. Now our entire house won't smell like "camping". Although nothing beats a good wood fire!If you go chiminea. ....get the metal type. The clay will crack when you cram them full of wood and dump gas in it to make for easy starting.

Do you still have that transient dog?

Vacation.......yes, vacation starts when you go back to work! Congrats on the tank, I loose more frags than that on a daily basis. I prefer to think of it as growing resilient strains from the most robust corals. The few remaining corals are basically bombproof. When we first moved here my wife and girls made a fire pit out of rocks, old concrete chunks, bricks and whatever else they could round up....I believe on Father's Day. They plopped a couple chairs around it. It was the best! While planning the patio, I decided to go gas for the pure and simple cleanliness of the gas. Now our entire house won't smell like "camping". Although nothing beats a good wood fire! If you go chiminea. ....get the metal type. The clay will crack when you cram them full of wood and dump gas in it to make for easy starting.

Yeah I was a little anxious on the way home today. I honestly didn't even think about the tanks much while I was gone though. I've been so consumed with filling orders and other reef related BS over the last month that I just wanted to block it all out completely while we were gone. It's good to be back now though. I feel better than I have in a very long time. That was a much needed break, even if we did go 100mph everyday.

It looks like gas was definitely the right decision. It really does look like it's gonna be awesome once it's all complete. Not to mention the cleanliness and ease of use. I kinda want to dig a hole and line it cobble stones around the perimeter. I don't need anything fancy, just something that my kids can torch marshmallows over, lol. I also want to build a little waterfall/pond to put in the corner of our back patio. Something that has multiple waterfalls that drain into a little pond in the 100g range. I want it to be big enough to keep a few fish in..

Yeah I was a little anxious on the way home today. I honestly didn't even think about the tanks much while I was gone though. I've been so consumed with filling orders and other reef related BS over the last month that I just wanted to block it all out completely while we were gone. It's good to be back now though. I feel better than I have in a very long time. That was a much needed break, even if we did go 100mph everyday.

It looks like gas was definitely the right decision. It really does look like it's gonna be awesome once it's all complete. Not to mention the cleanliness and ease of use. I kinda want to dig a hole and line it cobble stones around the perimeter. I don't need anything fancy, just something that my kids can torch marshmallows over, lol. I also want to build a little waterfall/pond to put in the corner of our back patio. Something that has multiple waterfalls that drain into a little pond in the 100g range. I want it to be big enough to keep a few fish in..

Glad you got the needed rest buddy! This year coming up for me is going to be hell....pretty sure anyway.

Got to have the marshmellows! I'm going to make a secondary wood burning pit just for that...don't want them getting the goo all over the shiny glass rocks in the gas pit :^ )

You could always incorporate fire into your pond.....submerge the gas line just under the waterline. When the gas is turned on it will push the water out of the way and you'll have fire coming off the surface of the water!

He's a funny little thing. He knows our voices and gets all excited when my girls go outside to see him. He starts oinking about 6:30 - 7:00am when he's ready to go out....no sleeping in at this house.

Have you litter box trained him yet? Or are they like cats and just instinctively know? :D

Have you litter box trained him yet? Or are they like cats and just instinctively know? :D

He was potty trained when we got him. They pick it up much faster than puppies. You can train them to litter boxes....but we just take him out to his pen in the morning and back into the house at night.

Thanks man! Just had our first night by the fire.....all the family and friends loved it. Now to put all the rock up.

Awesome! I was considering doing some kinda nice patio area out back with something similar in the spring but the wife is back to wanting to move again so who knows :wacko:

How's your place coming along? Kitchen looked great!

Thanks man. The rest of the house is still partially finished. Some stuff came up and everything else is on hold for a little while. Hopefully next week I'll be able to get back at it and knock out a few more things tho.

Awesome! I was considering doing some kinda nice patio area out back with something similar in the spring but the wife is back to wanting to move again so who knows :wacko:

Thanks man. The rest of the house is still partially finished. Some stuff came up and everything else is on hold for a little while. Hopefully next week I'll be able to get back at it and knock out a few more things tho.

She wants to move again? Tell her sorry, we just spent the down payment on a remodel.

She wants to move again? Tell her sorry, we just spent the down payment on a remodel.

Yeah started realizing I was right (as always) and Flint still sucks.

Nah wouldn't work, and the house is worth considerably more then I have into it.

Yeah started realizing I was right (as always) and Flint still sucks.

Nah wouldn't work, and the house is worth considerably more then I have into it.

Oh, then #### it....move baby!

Oh, then #### it....move baby!

Considering it in the spring after everything is done.... and she will have probably changed her mind 10 times by then lol The market keeps going up atleast :)

Considering it in the spring after everything is done.... and she will have probably changed her mind 10 times by then lol The market keeps going up atleast :)

True...LOL, good luck with the Mrs.

Same here.....good rates and decent return on investment....depending on when purchased.

True...LOL, good luck with the Mrs.

Same here.....good rates and decent return on investment....depending on when purchased.

Yeah I am expecting around 4x return when its all said n done :lol: I bought at a REALLY good time and being able to do all the work myself saved about 25k.

Archived