Cultivated Reef

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

I'll let you guys in on a secret...... Acros don't move ;) lol
I stumbled upon a thread on RC last night and this guy had one of the most insane acros I've ever seen. I meant to send you the link but forgot to. A lot of people were saying the pic was shopped but a video was posted as well. Same colors in the video...

I'll see if I can find it again.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2403021

Post #13....wow!! I really miss my SPS.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stumbled upon a thread on RC last night and this guy had one of the most insane acros I've ever seen. I meant to send you the link but forgot to. A lot of people were saying the pic was shopped but a video was posted as well. Same colors in the video...

I'll see if I can find it again.

Speaking of videos............. :ninja:

I still haven't made it.

No rush man. Im just glad you beat the GHA. Battles with nuisance algae is something I take personally, lol. I'm still bitter about losing my tank to bubble algae.

No rush man. Im just glad you beat the GHA. Battles with nuisance algae is something I take personally, lol. I'm still bitter about losing my tank to bubble algae.

I was hoping to get to it tonight....but, ain't happening. Realistically........Friday night or Saturday I should be able to get something put together......never done it before. I'll look like a chimp punching a keyboard, I'm sure.

-How's number 3 doing?

Still acclimating. She's really timid, I think she came from a rough home. No one called about her so I doubt anyone will. I put up fliers all over the place. If her owner was looking for her they would have seen a flier for sure. I really think someone just dumped her in my neighborhood thinking that someone would take her in....it worked :). We're trying to find her a home but if we can't find her one she's staying here. There's no way in hell I would put her back out on her own, she's way to sweet to be homeless. Honestly, she would probably be eaten by coyote's within just a few days. There's tons of them around here.

Still acclimating. She's really timid, I think she came from a rough home. No one called about her so I doubt anyone will. I put up fliers all over the place. If her owner was looking for her they would have seen a flier for sure. I really think someone just dumped her in my neighborhood thinking that someone would take her in....it worked :). We're trying to find her a home but if we can't find her one she's staying here. There's no way in hell I would put her back out on her own, she's way to sweet to be homeless. Honestly, she would probably be eaten by coyote's within just a few days. There's tons of them around here.

You know she ain't going no where! Glad she found the right home. We have coyotes real bad here. It's been so dry we have them all hours of the day now.

You know she ain't going no where! Glad she found the right home. We have coyotes real bad here. It's been so dry we have them all hours of the day now.

Same here. Our neighborhood is surrounded by heavy brush so they get relatively close to the house on a regular basis. I was walking our boxer pretty late one night when he flipped the hell out. Then all of the sudden I saw a coyote pop out from in between two houses and run off. My boxer is typically the biggest baby ever, but he definitely doesn't like coyotes. He was ready to tear that thing apart. Thankfully I'm not man enough to walk our maltese without my wife and kids. He's so well trained that he doesn't need a leash, and all of the neighbors know him anyway so we never use one. That coyote could have easily made a quick meal out of him.

I found a 13" beagle one night. Followed my girlfriends sister from my driveway to my back door. We posted it on Facebook (we have a real tight knit community) and checked vets all around plus signs posted everywhere and no one claimed her. My cats name is Lilly and whenever we called her the beagle would come running. A kid I'm friends with on Facebook messaged me and told me he knows it's his neighbors dog, described its collar and told us her name was Lilly even an he wound up telling us to find it a good home because the dog was extremely neglected, even being left outside during blizzard like conditions. The vet said it was just entering heat and under a year old. We live about a 15 minute drive from the area the dog came from and even though beagles are known to take off, I think it was abandoned at my dead end street.

We have foxes in my area and although they aren't as bad as coyotes, this one would have been killed along with the dozens of stray cats. Find it a good home or do what I wanted to do and keep her.

I never thought i would say this, but I really hope we do keep her. I'm typically not a fan of little dogs because most of them have a bad case of Napoleon syndrome (speaking of, did Gilligan get banned already?) but this little girl just hangs out all day pretty much minding her own business. She's pretty sneaky though, she likes to sneak off and sleep in the most random places. I found her under one of my tanks, then found her in my daughter's closet a little later.

The beagle was also the sweetest dog I ever met and she got along great with my chiauaua mix. My fence is not beagle proof though and she was admittedly a handful. She ended up going to a good home that had a dog run and huge fenced in back yard, and a family full of mature kids who love her.

I never thought i would say this, but I really hope we do keep her. I'm typically not a fan of little dogs because most of them have a bad case of Napoleon syndrome (speaking of, did Gilligan get banned already?)

LOL, don't think so....saw him posting earlier. What a D-bag.

I found a 13" beagle one night. Followed my girlfriends sister from my driveway to my back door. We posted it on Facebook (we have a real tight knit community) and checked vets all around plus signs posted everywhere and no one claimed her. My cats name is Lilly and whenever we called her the beagle would come running. A kid I'm friends with on Facebook messaged me and told me he knows it's his neighbors dog, described its collar and told us her name was Lilly even an he wound up telling us to find it a good home because the dog was extremely neglected, even being left outside during blizzard like conditions. The vet said it was just entering heat and under a year old. We live about a 15 minute drive from the area the dog came from and even though beagles are known to take off, I think it was abandoned at my dead end street. We have foxes in my area and although they aren't as bad as coyotes, this one would have been killed along with the dozens of stray cats. Find it a good home or do what I wanted to do and keep her.

I brought this one in because the last couple of days the high temp here was over 100 degrees and she looked really tired. I gave her a bowl of water that we typically use for our boxer and she drank so much that she threw it back up a couple of times. She also had fleas pretty bad so she was definitely neglected. Her eyes are really watery as well, which means they were likely feeding her really crappy food. My wife gave her a flea bath yesterday and they're still gone as of now. She seems to be feeling better over all but she scares very easily and cowers anytime someone moves to fast around her. Such a shame, I don't see how someone could mistreat her given that she has such a good demeanor. I'm really hoping our maltese learns a thing or two from her. That dog pretty much sucks, he is the definition of little man syndrome...exactly the reason why I don't really care for little dogs, lol.

Nanofreak79

I've been slowly going through your thread, and have to say things are looking up. I really like the tank, what lights are in the canopy? I did see they were diy.

I brought this one in because the last couple of days the high temp here was over 100 degrees and she looked really tired. I gave her a bowl of water that we typically use for our boxer and she drank so much that she threw it back up a couple of times. She also had fleas pretty bad so she was definitely neglected. Her eyes are really watery as well, which means they were likely feeding her really crappy food. My wife gave her a flea bath yesterday and they're still gone as of now. She seems to be feeling better over all but she scares very easily and cowers anytime someone moves to fast around her. Such a shame, I don't see how someone could mistreat her given that she has such a good demeanor. I'm really hoping our maltese learns a thing or two from her. That dog pretty much sucks, he is the definition of little man syndrome...exactly the reason why I don't really care for little dogs, lol.

Let the dog spend the night in your daughters room with her. That way you have an excuse to tell the wife you need to keep the poor thing. " but they bonded and love eachother... " :)

Let the dog spend the night in your daughters room with her. That way you have an excuse to tell the wife you need to keep the poor thing. " but they bonded and love eachother... " :)

I don't have to sell my wife, it's usually me that says no to things like this. Ironically, she is kinda hesitant, but she agrees with me. If we can't find her a good home she's staying. My wife would take in every stray animal in the state if she could.

Nanofreak79
LOL, don't think so....saw him posting earlier. What a D-bag.

No I seen a post of his earlier, unfortunately. My yorkie is the big dog of the house. My lab and lab/Shepard mix run when she gets to acting like a little bitch. It's pretty funny. I got her for my wife on valentines day, and she became my dog, just like the others. Hahaha, needless to say my wife is pretty pissed about it. I have like six different names for her, the dog that is, and she comes to all of them. My wife calls her and nothing happens.

I've been slowly going through your thread, and have to say things are looking up. I really like the tank, what lights are in the canopy? I did see they were diy.

Thanks man. Tank looks like shit in all honesty. Just the fact that every square inch was covered in GHA and is now gone...makes it look better.

They all came from LED Group Buy. All the Bridgelux and some Exotics? It's been a few years now.

NW x 12

RB x 24

CB x 6

OCW x 4?

TV x 0 (removed them as all the lenses went brown)

Probably ordering a Nanobox Duo 24" sooner or later.

Nanofreak79
I don't have to sell my wife, it's usually me that says no to things like this. Ironically, she is kinda hesitant, but she agrees with me. If we can't find her a good home she's staying. My wife would take in every stray animal in the state if she could.
Sounds like my wife. That's how we got the labs.

Thanks man. Tank looks like shit in all honesty. Just the fact that every square inch was covered in GHA and is now gone...makes it look better.They all came from LED Group Buy. All the Bridgelux and some Exotics? It's been a few years now.NW x 12RB x 24CB x 6OCW x 4?TV x 0 (removed them as all the lenses went brown)Probably ordering a Nanobox Duo 24" sooner or later.
Sweet, I heard there older TV were shit. NanoBox will be a sweet upgrade.

My lab is extremely well behaved other than a garbage eating binge now and then. We got her at 8 weeks due to her mothers food aggression and we even nipped the pupps eating issues in the butt and had her house trained the 2nd night we had her, no newspapers or anything.

The peewee on the other hand we can't get to stop pissing or crapping everywhere and he barks at every little thing. If Sasha is alone in the yard, she doesn't make a peep. If she's with the little mutt though, she follows suit and barks along with him.

Sounds like my wife. That's how we got the labs.

Sweet, I heard there older TV were shit. NanoBox will be a sweet upgrade.

Yep, they all went brown in the first couple of months.

Looking forward to the NBox....every time the funds are ready....something comes up taking precedence. Sooner or later :rolleyes:

Thanks man. Tank looks like shit in all honesty. Just the fact that every square inch was covered in GHA and is now gone...makes it look better.They all came from LED Group Buy. All the Bridgelux and some Exotics? It's been a few years now.NW x 12RB x 24CB x 6OCW x 4?TV x 0 (removed them as all the lenses went brown)Probably ordering a Nanobox Duo 24" sooner or later.

Don't believe it. Pics to prove it looks like crap please.

Nanofreak79
My lab is extremely well behaved other than a garbage eating binge now and then. We got her at 8 weeks due to her mothers food aggression and we even nipped the pupps eating issues in the butt and had her house trained the 2nd night we had her, no newspapers or anything.

The peewee on the other hand we can't get to stop pissing or crapping everywhere and he barks at every little thing. If Sasha is alone in the yard, she doesn't make a peep. If she's with the little mutt though, she follows suit and barks along with him.

Little dogs are smart and stupid all at the same time. My yorkie won't piss and shit outside. There are puppy pads everywhere in one room, otherwise you'll be randomly stepping in piss puddles.

Don't believe it. Pics to prove it looks like crap please.

Oh Patty,

I'll post some pics or a video this weekend....compare it to the first pics......it's like a coral graveyard. It's like Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome....desolate.

Archived