Coral Vue Hydros

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

Pedophiles didn't have to be so discrete back in the day apparently :wacko:

Where's my video :( lol

Damn you and your video ....I saw a notification and knew it was you!

I fell asleep on the couch last night. Now back to home depot for more chicken coop stuff. Hoping its a little cooler out today.

How's your secret secret progressing?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn you and your video ....I saw a notification and knew it was you! I fell asleep on the couch last night. Now back to home depot for more chicken coop stuff. Hoping its a little cooler out today. How's your secret secret progressing?

:) lol I went to HD today too.... for some lighting related stuffs lol

I am kinda thinking I want to get a "hydroponic rail" tho.... But I have a few other things I need to finish up before I make a final decision on that lol Yesterday was a bunch of irritation and putting my hand through a window didn't help LOL

:ninja:

Yay, got that @#$@#$ wet/dry out of that tank. Ended up taking a 2” PVC tee and doing some careful cutting with a dremel tool. Made it so it hangs on the side of the tank and run the tube through that. It holds it in place so it does not flop where ever and is easy to move where I want it… all in all, pretty happy with it.

Massive increase in flow capability once I got rid of that silly spray bar. I have the ball valve allowing probably 2x as much water back in to the tank now and the overflow handles it without a hiccup.

Tore apart the spray bar inside the tank today too. Cut it shorter and sprayed it black… hate, hate, hated the white pvc in the tank. Right now it is just dumping wide open out of the PVC fitting in to the tank and there are a LOT of waves now on the surface… the flickering of the light is actually too much, almost feels like you are looking at the tank under a strobe light.

I’ve now decided I need to find some new tubing to connect the overflow to the sump. They had shortened it at one time and then needed to lengthen it so it has 2 pieces connected with hose clamps :wacko:.

As for chickens, wish I could talk the wife in to letting me get some. Grew up with chickens, geese, ducks, etc and would like to get chickens/geese for here. Have 90 acres we are on so room isn’t an issue either!

And while I’m spewing stuff, I stopped by the LFS over the weekend and spoke to the owner. Told him that the coral he sold me was a walking dendro and he was rather chagrined. Said I got a good deal ($14.99, umm yes please). Ended up walking out of there with a small red starfish and 2 loose zoa heads. Superglued them to a small ugly piece of coral and they are already doing well. Unfortunately, it seems the one zoa fell over before the glue set so he is glued on his side… oops. Has not stopped him from opening up though!

Bad news bear visited me this afternoon. Pulled out the glass i had cut and 9 5/8 is apparently a bit too narrow for this 10g tank...or they cut it wrong. No building a new sump for me today! Makes the deep sea aquatics 18x18x18 sump my lfs owner offered me for $100 look even more attractive!

Bad news bear visited me this afternoon. Pulled out the glass i had cut and 9 5/8 is apparently a bit too narrow for this 10g tank...or they cut it wrong. No building a new sump for me today! Makes the deep sea aquatics 18x18x18 sump my lfs owner offered me for $100 look even more attractive!

For a $100 I'd buy it and be done.

:) lol I went to HD today too.... for some lighting related stuffs lol

I am kinda thinking I want to get a "hydroponic rail" tho.... But I have a few other things I need to finish up before I make a final decision on that lol Yesterday was a bunch of irritation and putting my hand through a window didn't help LOL

That rail system would be a nice addition............why didn't I think of that? :mellow:

Your hand went through the window ......................on accident?

UPDATE:

Did absolutely nothing to the tank the entire weekend. No pics, no movie made. :rant:

Oh wait, I removed some frags from the lair of the pistol shrimp. He's a little pissy now that 98% of the tank is BB.

This chicken coop is bleeding me dry. I may have gone a little overkill on it.

That rail system would be a nice addition............why didn't I think of that? :mellow:

Cuz my mind is a little bit crazy and I tend to over think things from time to always LOL For you it would be overkill anyway, for :ninja: it could be useful lol

Your hand went through the window ......................on accident?

Yeah the window hasn't been used much in years (probably since it was installed even) and the humidity was really high so it sticks.... so I been just giving the frame a little jab up and it pops open no big deal well I aimed a little low and boom went through the window.... ooops lol

Ummm, let me be nosy… what hydroponic rail system? I ask because I have done a large amount of pseudo dabbling in hydroponics… by pseudo I mean I’ve done a ton of research, lots of reading, lots of planning, with no actual work done, yet.

The only issue with that sump is the middle compartment is rather… small. Might be a challenge to set up a decent refugium in it. :(

Ummm, let me be nosy… what hydroponic rail system? I ask because I have done a large amount of pseudo dabbling in hydroponics… by pseudo I mean I’ve done a ton of research, lots of reading, lots of planning, with no actual work done, yet.

This is the rail system I'm talking about.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Rail-3-5-Complete-Kit-10RPM-Kit-Intelli-Drive-Grow-rpm-reflector-mover-/200697314130

That looks like a winner.

Ummm, let me be nosy… what hydroponic rail system? I ask because I have done a large amount of pseudo dabbling in hydroponics… by pseudo I mean I’ve done a ton of research, lots of reading, lots of planning, with no actual work done, yet. The only issue with that sump is the middle compartment is rather… small. Might be a challenge to set up a decent refugium in it. :(
Something that small, I'd skip the refugium and go with reactors and a skimmer, IMO.

That looks like a winner.

Yeah it is definitely on my consider list.... but being that I am already well over my planned budget for this whole little project, so I don't know that I want to really spend the $ since I would need a few other things then just that to put it to work for my idea... when it isn't really needed, and more of a hey that looks cool kinda thing lol

Something that small, I'd skip the refugium and go with reactors and a skimmer, IMO.

+ 1 on reactors + skimmer.... even on a larger system a fuge isn't entirely needed... lol

+ 1 on reactors + skimmer.... even on a larger system a fuge isn't entirely needed... lol

I already have a skimmer in there, but really wanted a place to grow some macros for some amount of nutrient export, plus I figured with the light I was going to use in there it’d make a great little place to grow out some small frags maybe...

I don’t know enough about reactors at this point I guess. Seems like another pump, more media, and something else to fiddle with?

I already have a skimmer in there, but really wanted a place to grow some macros for some amount of nutrient export, plus I figured with the light I was going to use in there it’d make a great little place to grow out some small frags maybe...

IMO in a sump that small (and an area so tiny you don't think you would even have a good fuge area) I would skip thinking about growing frags out down there, unless they are of various macro algaes...

I don’t know enough about reactors at this point I guess. Seems like another pump, more media, and something else to fiddle with?

Thats pretty much about right, but part of what makes it fun I guess lol With a good skimmer and a decent reactor set up for your system you can maintain good water quality without the use of a fuge. If you want the fuge just for pod population you could just put a small area of LR rubble and it will be fairly effective as well.

I'm talkin bout Jack is slackin on my video lol

I just finished shaving, be careful what you wish for!

Well, finally took some new pics. If I can stay awake and photo####it cooperates.....I'll dump a boatload of pictures. Running on 3 hours of sleep for the past two days...not all cylinders are firing. Yes, less than normal.

I am anxiously awaiting these spoken of photos… :)

Been looking at making a DIY filter floss + chemipure, whatever_I_want media holder for my sump out of PVC. With that said, I’m curious what do you use for your source(s) of filter floss in bulk? I’d be expecting to replace the floss fairly often so I don’t want to be paying $20 for a small bag...

Well, finally took some new pics. If I can stay awake and photo####it cooperates.....I'll dump a boatload of pictures. Running on 3 hours of sleep for the past two days...not all cylinders are firing. Yes, less than normal.

Look forward to seeing them.... when you get a chance :) Get some rest bud!!

Well, I fell asleep. So, I plan on adding the pics tonight....fingers crossed.

Filter floss...I switched over to the filter socks that catch all the junk straight from your overflow line. Mine runs for about a week before needing replacement...then I was them in the mashing machine while the Wifey is out of the house.

Got a good 6 hours of sleep.....still feel like I could sleep the entire day. I'm getting old.

Archived