SaltCritters.com

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

You could make your own bracket out of acrylic or just buy a filter sock bracket and run the tube through it....sock or not. They look clean and they're cheap.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the issue is the whole thing connects to a wet/dry filter that sits inside the 10g tank, taking up a ton of room. Here is an image I found online that shows something similar to what is in mine:

http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/564-For-sale-Small-sump-bio-balls

I want that entire wet/dry section gone so I can then build a refugium in there… that thing takes up almost 50% of the 10G tank.

In all honesty your probably going to be better off buying a new 10g, building the sump/ fuge the way you want it and letting the silicone that will hold the baffles in fully cure... then you can take that offline put the new one online with the fuge in place (and I'd put like half the bioballs in and remove them over a couple weeks).

As far as the pipe goes you could get a piece of acrylic to go over the end of the top of the new 10g drill it and install the proper sized fitting (I would sandwich the acrylic/glass between say a 90 and a coupling so you don't need an actual bulkhead..) for the flex pipe to fit and hard pipe it down from there... silicone the acrylic (or glass even) to the top of the new 10g and boom done. It will look just like the top of the wet dry box basically but you wont have the box.............

If that top will come off the box just cut that down to an acceptable size, remove the spray bar and run a pipe down from there...

Going to try and make a video this weekend......probably won't happen as you all know!

So, at least some pics of my desolate reef.

....and yes, pics are on my phone,lol.

Its the weekend :) lol

The wife had some training class...I'm just now getting my little one to Karate......then I'm building a chicken coop.....yes, a chicken coop. Then making a movie, I hope.

The wife had some training class...I'm just now getting my little one to Karate......then I'm building a chicken coop.....yes, a chicken coop. Then making a movie, I hope.

A chicken coop??????? omgomgomg I want chickens!!!! I saw this awesome coop on FB yesterday. Someday I'll have one of these :wub:.

chickencoop_zpsef7c9fe7.jpeg

A chicken coop??????? omgomgomg I want chickens!!!! I saw this awesome coop on FB yesterday. Someday I'll have one of these :wub:.http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/chickencoop_zpsef7c9fe7.jpeg.html'>chickencoop_zpsef7c9fe7.jpeg

Omg, that's pretty similar .... pintrist or something like that is a husbands worst fear. My wife gets all sorts of "awesome" ideas.

You'll have to get some fresh eggs when they start producing!

Omg, that's pretty similar .... pintrist or something like that is a husbands worst fear. My wife gets all sorts of "awesome" ideas. You'll have to get some fresh eggs when they start producing!

That would be great!!!! I would want to pick them up at your house so I can see the "farm" :).

A chicken coop??????? omgomgomg I want chickens!!!! I saw this awesome coop on FB yesterday. Someday I'll have one of these :wub:.

chickencoop_zpsef7c9fe7.jpeg

I love how it is called the Egg Plant, and is painted Eggplant Purple lol That is a pretty sweet chicken coop tho. I thought about building one and getting some chickens a while ago but thats all it was, a thought lol

A movie, entertaining :) lol

That would be great!!!! I would want to pick them up at your house so I can see the "farm" :).
You can ride the miniature donkeys and collect eggs!

I love how it is called the Egg Plant, and is painted Eggplant Purple lol That is a pretty sweet chicken coop tho. I thought about building one and getting some chickens a while ago but thats all it was, a thought lol http://youtu.be/6hboH8wn3fU'>http://youtu.be/6hboH8wn3fU A movie, entertaining :) lol
Lol.Nice catch on the eggplant ....between eggplant and chrome nipples....you should be an interior designer.

I love how it is called the Egg Plant, and is painted Eggplant Purple lol That is a pretty sweet chicken coop tho. I thought about building one and getting some chickens a while ago but thats all it was, a thought lol

Cool...I didn't even make the connection between the purple color and the name :). Chickens are the best. If you have the land, you should build one ;).

What kind of chickens are you getting, D? Please say Buff Orpington :lol:. Those are my favorite. Gotta have at least two of those ;).

Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me :lol:.

We used to chase my cousins chickens around until they got egg bound from us terrorizing them. They had to have had 75 chickens and roosters back then. I don't even know how many there are now.

That'd be pretty damn sweet. :)

Lol. Nice catch on the eggplant ....between eggplant and chrome nipples....you should be an interior designer.

To straight to be an interior designer lol I've done the arcitechtural design/ floor plan, construction/ renovation, and landscaping parts tho.

Cool...I didn't even make the connection between the purple color and the name :). Chickens are the best. If you have the land, you should build one ;).

I have an acre and a half so the land isn't an issue. But I live in the city and wife don't want people bitching about it.... + at the time we had a dog that I know would have gotten into the coop and had one heck of a dinner. :blink:

I don't know a whole lot about raising them or any of that kinda stuff tho, I just thought it would be cool to have chickens LOL

Cool...I didn't even make the connection between the purple color and the name :). Chickens are the best. If you have the land, you should build one ;).What kind of chickens are you getting, D? Please say Buff Orpington :lol:. Those are my favorite. Gotta have at least two of those ;). Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me :lol:.
We used to chase my cousins chickens around until they got egg bound from us terrorizing them. They had to have had 75 chickens and roosters back then. I don't even know how many there are now.
That'd be pretty damn sweet. :) To straight to be an interior designer lol I've done the arcitechtural design/ floor plan, construction/ renovation, and landscaping parts tho. G, any time!Pat, glad to hear the aliens returned you safe and sound. Way to hang through the anal proving! Have they been back?Chris,Capitalize on being the first straight interior design dude and make bank! Maybe get your own GV show I have an acre and a half so the land isn't an issue. But I live in the city and wife don't want people bitching about it.... + at the time we had a dog that I know would have gotten into the coop and had one heck of a dinner. :blink: I don't know a whole lot about raising them or any of that kinda stuff tho, I just thought it would be cool to have chickens LOL

Stupid phone jacked up my responses....hate nr on a phone.

Stupid phone jacked up my responses....hate nr on a phone.

I deciphered the message...

I'm to ugly for TV and my voice coming out of one of the kids lip syncing wouldn't seem right LOL

I have an acre and a half so the land isn't an issue. But I live in the city and wife don't want people bitching about it.... + at the time we had a dog that I know would have gotten into the coop and had one heck of a dinner. :blink:

I don't know a whole lot about raising them or any of that kinda stuff tho, I just thought it would be cool to have chickens LOL

We are allowed to have hens but no roosters, and you know where I live :lol:. We were talking about chickens today at lunch and trying to figure out where we could stick a chicken coop :). But decided it'd be best to wait until we move and have some land.

We are allowed to have hens but no roosters, and you know where I live :lol:. We were talking about chickens today at lunch and trying to figure out where we could stick a chicken coop :). But decided it'd be best to wait until we move and have some land.

Yeah they might appreciate some land. It seems I've heard/read somewhere that they do better when they have some room to move/ aren't always penned up. How true it is I dunno but seems legit, I like to have room to move around too. :)

I'm pretty sure I could have roosters too if I really wanted, but I like my one set of neighbors.... the old lady on the other side annoys me so I wouldn't care if she complained lol

I'll probably just talk my ma into it, she has been talking about getting all kinds of farm animals (they have 20 acres....) so a nice big free range chicken area wouldn't be a huge deal I'm sure..... They have wild turkeys tho, do you think the chickens might go wonder off with them? lol

Just came in from chicken cooping. All concrete piers are in and leveled....that was the most labor intensive part. Tomorrow I should be able to get the basic skeleton framework up. Then a 4 year olds b-day party......at 4:30pm on Sunday....wtf?

G, put the chickens in hour front yard....or on the roof....like a roof top garden-if could be the new in thing!

Chris,

Farm some Turkins for us! Thanksgiving is around the corner.

Chris, Farm some Turkins for us! Thanksgiving is around the corner.

Now thats an idea :)

Looks like you got a busy day tomorrow, don't see pics/ video on the list tho so does that mean your doing it tonight?? :) lol

Now thats an idea :)

Looks like you got a busy day tomorrow, don't see pics/ video on the list tho so does that mean your doing it tonight?? :) lol

I'm currently drinking my pains away....then I'll make you a movie.

I'm currently drinking my pains away....then I'll make you a movie.

Have one for me too, its been one of those days/nights. If you get to the movie awesome I'll check it out in the morning... if not no biggy I totally understand bro I just like givin ya shit :) I'm gonna go crash... night!

Have one for me too, its been one of those days/nights. If you get to the movie awesome I'll check it out in the morning... if not no biggy I totally understand bro I just like givin ya shit :) I'm gonna go crash... night!

Rock a bye baby in the tree top, when the wind blows the cradle will rock. When the.....ever notice how F'd up the old nursery rhymes are? Must have been before child protective services came about.

Rock a bye baby in the tree top, when the wind blows the cradle will rock. When the.....ever notice how F'd up the old nursery rhymes are? Must have been before child protective services came about.

Pedophiles didn't have to be so discrete back in the day apparently :wacko:

Where's my video :( lol

Archived