Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

Night ladies :)

You goin to bed sissy? lol

J/k I need to crash too.

Congrats Chris! Your nem is looking good! You called it, buddy.....so it's yours :naughtydance:

365e6dda-f651-471f-8b7d-7009df88b87e.jpg

So did it just split once or a couple splits.... it kinda looks like there might be 2.... or 3 in all that blue lol

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With that much blue it could be almost anything! Just got back from a 4 day trip — the wife surprised me with a trip to Treasure Island, FL for our anniversary. If I’d known reefs2go was in Clearwater Beach I would have seen if they have an actual place or not, hah… Crazy that I missed my tank so much while we were gone.

Anyhow, we found a couple cool shells that were about the right size for some of my hermit crabs to move in to. Is it good enough to just boil them to make sure they are clean, etc?

With that much blue it could be almost anything! Just got back from a 4 day trip — the wife surprised me with a trip to Treasure Island, FL for our anniversary. If I’d known reefs2go was in Clearwater Beach I would have seen if they have an actual place or not, hah… Crazy that I missed my tank so much while we were gone.

Anyhow, we found a couple cool shells that were about the right size for some of my hermit crabs to move in to. Is it good enough to just boil them to make sure they are clean, etc?

Avoid reefs2go....

Avoid reefs2go....

Should have told me that BEFORE I bought stuff from them a few weeks ago… I sorta wanted to see their place as they appear about as disorganized as you can possibly be. I have a credit with them though which is the main reason I will place one more order with them.

You goin to bed sissy? lol

J/k I need to crash too.

So did it just split once or a couple splits.... it kinda looks like there might be 2.... or 3 in all that blue lol

With that much blue it could be almost anything! Just got back from a 4 day trip the wife surprised me with a trip to Treasure Island, FL for our anniversary. If Id known reefs2go was in Clearwater Beach I would have seen if they have an actual place or not, hah Crazy that I missed my tank so much while we were gone.

The heavy blue was due to the tank was in sleepy mode and I didn't want to blast the whites back on.

Funny thing, looked like it totally split...next morning it looks "kinda" whole again? Nems are weird little guys. Maybe it'll be two when I get home tonight.....

The heavy blue was due to the tank was in sleepy mode and I didn't want to blast the whites back on.

Yeah sure, its ok if you like your tank a little smurfy lol

Funny thing, looked like it totally split...next morning it looks "kinda" whole again? Nems are weird little guys. Maybe it'll be two when I get home tonight.....

If it split it split I'm pretty sure they can't go back to being 1 "whole" piece again lol

i was 100% sure my nem was splitting , it shrunk down to a pitiful size for a day or two and re-absorbed itself sort of.
Yeah sure, its ok if you like your tank a little smurfy lol If it split it split I'm pretty sure they can't go back to being 1 "whole" piece again lol
A-hole.Either way, I still need your address.

i was 100% sure my nem was splitting , it shrunk down to a pitiful size for a day or two and re-absorbed itself sort of.
I'll take another pic tonight...

A-hole. Either way, I still need your address.

LOL :) You want my address?? I'm really not as cute as you might think....

I'll take another pic tonight...

Good try getting the colors right this time please :)

LOL :) You want my address?? I'm really not as cute as you might think....

Good try getting the colors right this time please :)

Updated pic coming for the colors.

Your kids look like their parents would be good looking.....who's the daddy?

Updated pic coming for the colors.

Good!! :)

Your kids look like their parents would be good looking.....who's the daddy?

I'm the dad, they lucked out with mom tho lol

So, safe to put shells from the ocean in to my tank directly, or should I boil them first? :) And if your nem is back as one after it split, better make sure there isn’t a shrimp nearby hiding a bottle of superglue behind its back laughing at you….

Today? :) lol

fingerscrossed

So, safe to put shells from the ocean in to my tank directly, or should I boil them first? :) And if your nem is back as one after it split, better make sure there isn’t a shrimp nearby hiding a bottle of superglue behind its back laughing at you….

I'd boil them, and rinse any nasties out. Then plop them in.

Ya, the nem is crazzzy. It looks like the foot is whole.....but a crease is visible and the "head" looks like it's whole....but folded like two heads....weird.

So, safe to put shells from the ocean in to my tank directly, or should I boil them first? :)

I agree with Jack I would boil them or soak them in vinegar, rinse and then boil them before putting them in my tank.

Ya, the nem is crazzzy. It looks like the foot is whole.....

Good :) LOL

but a crease is visible and the "head" looks like it's whole....but folded like two heads....weird.

That is pretty crazy.

I agree with Jack I would boil them or soak them in vinegar, rinse and then boil them before putting them in my tank.

Good :) LOL

That is pretty crazy.

Let's see some pics of.... :ninja:

Ok, boil it I will then found 2 nice shells I hope will work out.

So, another question for you gents! My current sump has a stupid wet/dry filter with a rotating spray bar going in to it. I want to remove that entire section, but am not sure of a great way to fasten the pipe coming in to the sump. Is there any good ways to fasten the pipe in to the sump without taking up a bunch of space?

And lastly, if you get desperate for a good home for your nem, Ill always take it off your hands. :P

Let's see some pics of.... :ninja:

If I showed pics of :ninja: then it wouldn't be so :ninja: anymore, and the world isn't ready for that just yet.

Its not even that pretty right now lol

Nanofreak79

Nice bromance you two have. It's so cute. All ninja this and ninja that. How goes it today fellers.

Don't hate cuz u dunno bout the :ninja: lol

It goes pretty well today, hows things on your side of the screen today? :)

Nice bromance you two have. It's so cute. All ninja this and ninja that. How goes it today fellers.

:ninja:

:flower:

If I showed pics of :ninja: then it wouldn't be so :ninja: anymore, and the world isn't ready for that just yet.

Its not even that pretty right now lol

:ninja:

Ok, boil it I will then found 2 nice shells I hope will work out.

So, another question for you gents! My current sump has a stupid wet/dry filter with a rotating spray bar going in to it. I want to remove that entire section, but am not sure of a great way to fasten the pipe coming in to the sump. Is there any good ways to fasten the pipe in to the sump without taking up a bunch of space?

And lastly, if you get desperate for a good home for your nem, Ill always take it off your hands. :P

What pipe are you talking about....the tanks discharge from the overflow?

What size is it?

What pipe are you talking about....the tanks discharge from the overflow?

What size is it?

Yeah, the pipe going from the overflow in to the sump. I would have to measure it, heh. It is currently a flex tube from the overflow box to the sump where it connects via pipe clamp to a 90 degree fitting that attaches to the spray bar… if that makes sense. Just want to take the flex tube and make it go in to the sump, but need a way to do so such that it can’t flop out, etc.

Yeah, the pipe going from the overflow in to the sump. I would have to measure it, heh. It is currently a flex tube from the overflow box to the sump where it connects via pipe clamp to a 90 degree fitting that attaches to the spray bar… if that makes sense. Just want to take the flex tube and make it go in to the sump, but need a way to do so such that it can’t flop out, etc.

Can you just remove the spray bar and connect a pipe running downward (or where ever you want it to run...)?

Can you just remove the spray bar and connect a pipe running downward (or where ever you want it to run...)?

Well, the issue is the whole thing connects to a wet/dry filter that sits inside the 10g tank, taking up a ton of room. Here is an image I found online that shows something similar to what is in mine:

http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/564-For-sale-Small-sump-bio-balls

I want that entire wet/dry section gone so I can then build a refugium in there… that thing takes up almost 50% of the 10G tank.

Archived